• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Favorite Guitarist..Anderson Why..?

Get Shredded!
Dave Hlubek - Molly Hatchet
Rory Gallagher
Fast Eddie Clarke / Brian (Robbo) Robertson - Motorhead
Robbo / Scott Gorham - Thin Lizzy
Gary Moore
Michael Schenker - UFO / MSG
Warren Haynes - Mule
Zappa

Weren't they called lace pickups..??
EMG actives are top shelf..
I live the 81..85 not so much..
Z...
Yeah. Lace Sensor. Developed from incubator technology if I remember right. Super sensitive single coils. I didn't like them. They were competing with Seymour Duncan and DiMarzio I think. The Seymore Duncan Hot Rails were great.

I tried to see Vinnie Moore twice. He cancelled last minute both times. I finally saw him with Michael Schenker in Palo Ato at the Edge(?).
What was a trip was the back-up band for both guys were the same dudes. I think they were Yngwie‘s guys, the Johannsen brothers.
Then UFO comes out with the first album with Vinnie Moore and it was just the Vinnie album with lyrics. Lol.

I have seen Steve Morse with his solo band, The Dregs, Kansas and Deep Purple. How’s that for a guitarist’s resume?

You mentioned the NJ Series. My first decent guitar I bought in 1985 was a yellow NJ Bich with that HUGE headstock. I routed it for a Kahler in my shop on the ship using a die grinder. Routed to perfection until the last stroke where the grinder went straight across the surface, gouging the yellow beast. That Kahler added 5lbs to that guitar.
Mine was gloss black and heavy as lead. Floyd Rose locking nut and bridge was factory dugout with the screw in tremolo that I tightened up so it wouldn't flop around so I could wail on it for spring effects. Gigantic hardshell case with a plush electric blue liner. Original pickups were PowerSound double coils. I loved that guitar.

Gary Clark jr. shreds and sings the hell out of the blues. The new school needs some love in this thread

You can't teach an old dog new..... licks 🤪

Gary Clark jr. shreds and sings the hell out of the blues. The new school needs some love in this thread
Saw him open for Eric Clapton a couple years ago. Never heard of him until then and have been a fan ever since.

Randy Rhodes (my favorite guitarist)
Brad Gillis
Eddie VanHalen
Yngwie Malmsteen
Jake E. Lee
Vivian Campbell
Phil Collen
Adrian Vandenberg
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
George Lynch
Steve Lynch
Jimi Hendrix

No one has said mark Knopfler yet?

That money for nothing intro is one of the hardest riffs to learn, for me at least.

I haven’t seen Jeff Beck mentioned yet either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duane Allman
billy gibbons
Derek trucks
Skynyrds guitarists

The list goes on…

Not to mention there are guitarists out there that never got famous that could make a top 100 list… people you wouldn’t even know play. I know a handful of them. Just never wanted that lifestyle or never got the chance.

I dig listening this guy from time to time... Blues isn't my usual jam but this is phenomenal....

Don't think I've seen any love for Scott Ian yet

Actually saw V. Moore in Atlanta in the late 80's when his first album "Mind's Eye" came out..
In a small music shop..
He plugged into a Marshall Mini-Stack and whaled..
Blew all 20 of us Away..lol
Howe and McAlpine are age old Greats too..
How about Travor Rabin from Yes..??
Z...
I saw Vinnie w/ UFO many times (one of my favorite bands) amazing player...

Geddy Lee wins this one hands down....
Who can be all over the neck of a Rickenbacker, Sing...kinda... AND play the synth with his feet.... Dude is a
fuckin monster.
Les Claypool is another fantastic bassist... more percussion with his style tapping and thumbing.
I love Geddy, and I have been playing bass in metal bands for 40 years...
To me, Steve Harris is king though... The Maiden gallop... Fastest right hand in the world...

I love Geddy, and I have been playing bass in metal bands for 40 years...
To me, Steve Harris is king though... The Maiden gallop... Fastest right hand in the world...
My 1st album... yes album...lol was 1983 Live after death... Im a huge Maiden fan... And your right his gallop is legendary.... I love all the Albums,, cassetts up till Phantom,,, 7 th son is a HUGE HUGE Hugely underrated album. Killers, number, Stranger, Live .... I got em all and still listen to em. Even Dickenson's Tattooed Millionaire is an awesome album!!.. Its hard to find a Maiden fan around my area everytime I mention Maiden they have no clue.... Even if the radio station plays Run to the hills... I ask people if they know who it is...92% of the time they have no clue. lolol

Hell..
In 84 at Basic Training, we listened to Iron's Number of the Best..
Z...

Well buddy, I am totally into Iron Maiden. Enough in fact, to know ”Live after Death” had “Piece of Mind” and “Powerslave” songs, meaning it came out in 1985. I bought PoM on it’s release date in 1983 because I was a freak about this band after the first three albums.
Saw this tour: Iron Maiden, Saxon and Fastway in 1983. Remember that one? Amazing! I can’t remember last time I saw them. Maybe Powerslave tour in Scotland, 1983?

And I have Tattooed Millionaire. My wife loves “Tears of the dragon”.

Jeff Loomis is amazing... He's the one with hair btw. Keith is damn good to

I've played guitar since I was 6 and have sooooo many favorites mostly metal...too many to list, but the absolute best off all time technically and creative wise...is Steve Vai.

move to strike that from the record. He was number 2.

Number 1 is Jeff Hanneman but you won’t be hearing any new songs unless it’s unpublished.

I've played guitar since I was 6 and have sooooo many favorites mostly metal...too many to list, but the absolute best off all time technically and creative wise...is Steve Vai.
Hard instrument to play. As we get older these guys must be getting pain in their hands .

Won’t see them doing growth.

I think number 2 is drums cause you better be on top of your cardio..

Dave Hlubek - Molly Hatchet
Rory Gallagher
Fast Eddie Clarke / Brian (Robbo) Robertson - Motorhead
Robbo / Scott Gorham - Thin Lizzy
Gary Moore
Michael Schenker - UFO / MSG
Warren Haynes - Mule
Zappa
Zappa was a head of the time sound wise. Great player.

That’s a good list.

Well buddy, I am totally into Iron Maiden. Enough in fact, to know ”Live after Death” had “Piece of Mind” and “Powerslave” songs, meaning it came out in 1985. I bought PoM on it’s release date in 1983 because I was a freak about this band after the first three albums.
Saw this tour: Iron Maiden, Saxon and Fastway in 1983. Remember that one? Amazing! I can’t remember last time I saw them. Maybe Powerslave tour in Scotland, 1983?

And I have Tattooed Millionaire. My wife loves “Tears of the dragon”.
Seven son of the seven son. That’s a long song. They played long songs. Must be long concerts.

Very talented band. One of them was a pilot.

Seven son of the seven son. That’s a long song. They played long songs. Must be long concerts.

Very talented band. One of them was a pilot.
The singer, Bruce Dickenson... Flys the wholeband and stage ETC in a huge fuckin jet!!!!

A 747-400 I think. I know he is type certified on that plane. They had a 757 at one point.

The singer, Bruce Dickenson... Flys the wholeband and stage ETC in a huge fuckin jet!!!!
A 747-400 I think. I know he is type certified on that plane. They had a 757 at one point.

He’s a Highly trained pilot. He’s rated for IFR VFR and multi engine and rated for one of the 700s class. I forget the exact model. But how many rock starts fly their own planes to gigs.

Good thing he’s not like Dave M from megadeath that plane be doing cartwheels down the runway on landing.

Unthought the benefits of having a pilots license it becomes a stress reduction therapy.

For the pilot by himself. Not when your flying a cirrius sr 22t and you have a weight limit and three of the three passengers lie about their weight and it puts you into a bad flying condition because in essence your doing a wheelie in the air and your nose is to high and slows the plane down and she doesn’t want fly that way.

But under proper weight loads by your self very peaceful.

He’s a Highly trained pilot. He’s rated for IFR VFR and multi engine and rated for one of the 700s class. I forget the exact model. But how many rock starts fly their own planes to gigs.

Good thing he’s not like Dave M from megadeath that plane be doing cartwheels down the runway on landing.

Unthought the benefits of having a pilots license it becomes a stress reduction therapy.

For the pilot by himself. Not when your flying a cirrius sr 22t and you have a weight limit and three of the three passengers lie about their weight and it puts you into a bad flying condition because in essence your doing a wheelie in the air and your nose is to high and slows the plane down and she doesn’t want fly that way.

But under proper weight loads by your self very peaceful.
Do you fly? Because although I enjoyed it, I am not sure I would call it peaceful, especially in a busy cockpit.
Flying require an incredible amount of focus, and just getting to a license takes pretty damn extreme focus. Nothing I have ever done has challenged me like getting my private ticket.

As far as your SR-22 reference..l mean, who flies anywhere near the useful load or max weight? That’s just stupid. And if you plan to anyway, every FBO that I have flown through had a scale in the office. But it’s not like someone can lie about being 100lbs lighter than they are. Most small aircraft are, well, small. Designed for 5’8”, 175lb pilots. At least that’s pretty much how everything I have flown feels.

Bruce is ATP, which means pretty much every aspect of licensing is accomplished first. I have seen videos of him in a 747 simulator and there’s a whole documentary about “Ed Force One” which was a 757 iirc.

Oh, and Steve Morse is also an ATP/commercial pilot. He used to fly his band around and has been licensed since he was very young; maybe 21? He also quit rock and roll for a while to work for an airline.He owns several planes. He is mostly into small planes, has a Cirrus SR-22 and has been a member of the EAA since 1984. There’s an article somewhere about him flying to Airventure in the late ‘70s, camping under his airplane.

Steve is also maybe the most accomplished guitar player that exists. So although his style isn’t always my favorite, he definitely deserves to be in this thread.
He is also an incredibly humble and all around nice guy. Watch his interview with Rick Beato on youtube.
If you don’t get chills in the first five minutes, you don’t love guitar and/or you are dead inside.

Back