• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Ditch The Diet Drinks

01dragonslayer

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
IM0317_ResearchFat_soda_01-e1499777731638-1000x600.jpg

A strategic use of a diet soda to get you through a sugar craving may keep your diet on-track, but a new research review indicates that diet sodas don’t actually help you lose weight. A collaborative project headed by researchers at the Imperial College London’s School of Public Health found that consuming diet drinks might cause people to eat more calories by stimulating their sweet-sensitive taste buds. (They also found that much of the research showing a link between diet sodas and weight loss was financed by food and beverage companies.)

Many nutrition experts disagree with this finding and believe that zero-calorie beverages can help people manage calorie intake. The bottom line seems to be that they are better than a full-sugar soda, but the smartest plan is to wean yourself off that sugary taste.

IM0317_ResearchFat_soda_01-e1499777731638-1000x600.jpg

A strategic use of a diet soda to get you through a sugar craving may keep your diet on-track, but a new research review indicates that diet sodas don’t actually help you lose weight. A collaborative project headed by researchers at the Imperial College London’s School of Public Health found that consuming diet drinks might cause people to eat more calories by stimulating their sweet-sensitive taste buds. (They also found that much of the research showing a link between diet sodas and weight loss was financed by food and beverage companies.)

Many nutrition experts disagree with this finding and believe that zero-calorie beverages can help people manage calorie intake. The bottom line seems to be that they are better than a full-sugar soda, but the smartest plan is to wean yourself off that sugary taste.
*those artificial sweeteners are also highly addictive and... BONUS! .... carcinogenic!

As far as eating more calories because of the sweet taste...I'm sure it does for some people, BUT guess who consumes the majority of diet sodas are? Yup, fat people who can't control the consumption of calories to begin with. :)

@Fletcher Hundreds of studies show artificial sweeteners have little to no ill effect when consumed, show any detectable health issues and the few studies that did haven't been replicated. I honestly don't know what resources people are looking at that you're going to get cancer from diet soda. I ask them by what nature makes it toxic, what pathway does it take, how does it attack cells to cause cancer in the body and give me concrete citations on the above. To this day, I or any of my fellow coaches, have never noticed one marker in blood work that would raise a red flag from artificial sweetener use.

If some people don't want to consume them cool! The rest of us will sip that shizzz and be at the same risk of getting cancer as the non consumer. lol

As far as eating more calories because of the sweet taste...I'm sure it does for some people, BUT guess who consumes the majority of diet sodas are? Yup, fat people who can't control the consumption of calories to begin with. :)

@Fletcher Hundreds of studies show artificial sweeteners have little to no ill effect when consumed, show any detectable health issues and the few studies that did haven't been replicated. I honestly don't know what resources people are looking at that you're going to get cancer from diet soda. I ask them by what nature makes it toxic, what pathway does it take, how does it attack cells to cause cancer in the body and give me concrete citations on the above. To this day, I or any of my fellow coaches, have never noticed one marker in blood work that would raise a red flag from artificial sweetener use.
Hundreds of studies paid for by??? 😉

Im old enough to remember the industry trying to get artificial sweeteners to pass FDA approval. They got shot down many times bc of the carcinogenic effects. You wont find those studies anymore.
They just kept changing the names, and throwing more money at the FDA and they got approval.
People who drink that shit are like drug addicts, they will argue all day in the face of ANY evidence that suggests they should stop.
So Im not going to bother typing 4 pages of how they are carcinogenic, its not going to help anyone.
If you drink that shit everyday, eventually you will develop tumors/cancers... and the cancer industry will tell you "its genetic" and sell you more shit that destroys you.
Darwinism.

Im old enough to remember the industry trying to get artificial sweeteners to pass FDA approval. They got shot down many times bc of the carcinogenic effects. You wont find those studies anymore.
They just kept changing the names, and throwing more money at the FDA and they got approval.
People who drink that shit are like drug addicts, they will argue all day in the face of ANY evidence that suggests they should stop.
So Im not going to bother typing 4 pages of how they are carcinogenic, its not going to help anyone.
If you drink that shit everyday, eventually you will develop tumors/cancers... and the cancer industry will tell you "its genetic" and sell you more shit that destroys you.
Darwinism.

Darwinism.
I'll keep my drug addict ass comments to myself and get ready for my next round of Chemo. lol

If we're talkin' about Cov*d...I'm with you on that! :)
See thats the funny thing, people will jump up and say "oh hell yeah all the govt agencies and chemical producers, and health agencies lied their asses off about covid and covid vaccines!!!" ... and then quote those same "authorities" in defense of some other bio-weapon bullshit like aspartame.

See thats the funny thing, people will jump up and say "oh hell yeah all the govt agencies and chemical producers, and health agencies lied their asses off about covid and covid vaccines!!!" ... and then quote those same "authorities" in defense of some other bio-weapon bullshit like aspartame.
Not going to argue with ya man. You do you.

IML Gear Cream!
I forgot who it was, but one of those doctors I follow on social media brought up a study and diet drinks still caused insulin resistance in people and they still gained weight compared to people that just drink normal pop soda. Shit is so toxic.

Just like people that say don't trust your doctor about health but will jump on statins immediately if their LDL is 101mg/dl. 🤡🤡🤡🤡

It's Odd 99% of scientist some how make studies lean conveniently in the direction of the group or person that funded the study.

*those artificial sweeteners are also highly addictive and... BONUS! .... carcinogenic!
I disagree. I take one sip and wanna throw up. fukn disgusting. Havent found a single one that tastes remotely close to sugar.

The only one that kinda gets away with it is monster ultras because there's so much fizz and shit going on nothing really processes

I disagree. I take one sip and wanna throw up. fukn disgusting. Havent found a single one that tastes remotely close to sugar.

The only one that kinda gets away with it is monster ultras because there's so much fizz and shit going on nothing really processes
I cqnt even smell diet soda without cringing.

People may START drinking that shit in some misguided attempt to "lose weight" but they stay drinking it bc its addictive.
Try to take a diet soda away from them! 😄
I had a guy half my size wanting to literally physically attack me just because I told him it wasnt healthy to drink that shit. 😄😄😄
Fuckin crackheads! 🤣

IDK if artificial sweeteners are bad or not. I’d think it’s dependent on the amount you consume. If you have an occasional Diet Coke I think your risk is negligible. Pounding diet Bhang energy all day is probably the worst you can do, every thing in them is trash.

Most artificial sweeteners have an aftertaste that I don’t like. If I want something sweet I just use sugar. I think the only thing worse than sugar substitutes is high fructose corn syrup. That’s the true crack of sweeteners. I will drink a Mexican Coke once in a while because they’re made with sugar.

The corn industry has a very good lobbying machine that keeps the syrup in our food. Cane sugar is the only sweetener allowed by most of the world. America is one of only a few that allows corn syrup.

I can't remember the last time I had soda, diet or not, it doesn't appeal to me. Water during the day....vodka at night.

I got a friend that used to work at Pepsi actually making the sodas. He’s big into training, has a great physique about 220. Anyway, saw me drinking a diet Dr Pepper once, said it was the worst thing to drink. Said if you want to drink soda drink the original. All they put into them was sugar, while all the diet products received a mountain of chemicals.

TBH most all flavored protein powder is sweetened artificially 🤷🏽‍♂️

Back