• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Which blood work panel would you get ?

beast405

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I normally get my blood work through my doc. But am going to start going through this website because it’s way cheaper. Which blood work panel would you get between these two.

Or

Neither have total test, free test, estrogen, prolactin etc and I'd definitely want those.

IMO you at least want
Cbc
Comprehensive
Test total and free (LC/MC)
Estrogen ultra sensitive
Prolactin
Vitamin D if yours has ever been low
PSA
Lipid panel
Iron if yours has ever been low
Tsh, t3 and t4.

I normally get my blood work through my doc. But am going to start going through this website because it’s way cheaper. Which blood work panel would you get between these two.

Or

What exactly are you testing for, what numbers are you wishing to look at?

Or

If you are gonna drop a few bucks you might as well just invest a bit and get it done right, its only money we cant take it with us, but our health can get us to places faster than we would like.
I would do a full comprehensive wellness test, and also include TT,FT, estro, and SHBG..
get everything looked at, thyroid and all, also this includes a urine test, THIS IS HUGE and often over looked by most. They just get TT/FT, estro and SHBG and call it a day..

BodyBuilder Blood Test - HRT Blood Test - Bioidentical Hormone Testing - Blood Test For BodyBuilders
Hormone Panel for Males (Quest Diagnostics)
Test Details

Description:

This testosterone test will also provide Total Testosterone results when the value is >1500 but <10,000.
Significant deviations from the normal range may require further evaluation by your physician.
Please Note: If this panel is ordered by a female, due to ordering restrictions on certain tests, the PSA test will not be included on the requisition and will not be performed.

Includes:

Complete Blood Count / CBC (includes Differential and Platelets): WBC, RBC, Hemoglobin, Hematocrit, MCV, MCH, MCHC, RDW, Platelet Count, MPV and Differential (Absolute and Percent - Neutrophils, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Eosinophils, and Basophils)
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile ( includes eGFR ): Albumin, Albumin/Globulin Ratio (calculated), Alkaline Phosphatase, ALT, AST, BUN/Creatinine Ratio (calculated), Calcium, Carbon Dioxide, Chloride, Creatinine with GFR Estimated, Globulin (calculated), Glucose, Potassium, Sodium, Total Bilirubin, Total Protein, Urea Nitrogen
Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LC/MS/MS
Insulin-Like Growth Factor I (IGF-I, LC/MS)
Lipid Profile:
Cholesterol, total; high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol; low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (calculated); triglycerides; Non-HDL Cholesterol (calculated)
Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA)
Testosterone, Free and Total, LC/MS/MS
(Actual Total Testosterone levels will be provided with this test for levels up to 10,000.)
Thyroid Profile w/ TSH: T3 Uptake; T4 (Thyroxine), Total; Free T4 Index (T7); Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH)

Patient Instructions:

Patient should fast for 12-14 hours before collection of the specimen. If using a testosterone cream please be sure you have not rubbed any into the antecubital area of your arm for the last 24 hours as it can give elevated results. For accurate test results, no ejaculation during the 24 hours preceding the test.

Estimated turnaround for results is 10 business days. If confirmation testing is required, the estimated time may be extended.

https://www.privatemdlabs.com/lab_tests.php?view=all&show=529&category=6&ven=&search=#529
*Sex Hormone binding Globulin, (SHBG) (Quest Diagnostics)
Test Details

Description:

The Sex Hormone binding Globulin test is used to evaluate the level of male hormones in men and women, also known as androgens.
Testosterone, dihydrotestosterone and estrogens circulate in serum bound to Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG). SHBG concentrations are increased in pregnancy, hyperthyroidism, cirrhosis, oral estrogen administration and by certain drugs. Concentrations are decreased by testosterone, hypothyroidism, Cushings syndrome, acromegaly and obesity.

Significant deviations from the normal range may require further evaluation by your physician.

Includes:

Sex Hormone binding Globulin, Serum.

Patient Instructions:

No fasting required
Estimated turnaround for results is 3 business days.
If confirmation testing is required, the estimated time may be extended.

For both you're looking at around $237'ish..

What exactly are you testing for, what numbers are you wishing to look at?

If you are gonna drop a few bucks you might as well just invest a bit and get it done right, its only money we cant take it with us, but our health can get us to places faster than we would like.
I would do a full comprehensive wellness test, and also include TT,FT, estro, and SHBG..
get everything looked at, thyroid and all, also this includes a urine test, THIS IS HUGE and often over looked by most. They just get TT/FT, estro and SHBG and call it a day..

BodyBuilder Blood Test - HRT Blood Test - Bioidentical Hormone Testing - Blood Test For BodyBuilders
Hormone Panel for Males (Quest Diagnostics)
Test Details

Description:

This testosterone test will also provide Total Testosterone results when the value is >1500 but <10,000.
Please Note: If this panel is ordered by a female, due to ordering restrictions on certain tests, the PSA test will not be included on the requisition and will not be performed.

Includes:

Complete Blood Count / CBC (includes Differential and Platelets): WBC, RBC, Hemoglobin, Hematocrit, MCV, MCH, MCHC, RDW, Platelet Count, MPV and Differential (Absolute and Percent - Neutrophils, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Eosinophils, and Basophils)
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile ( includes eGFR ): Albumin, Albumin/Globulin Ratio (calculated), Alkaline Phosphatase, ALT, AST, BUN/Creatinine Ratio (calculated), Calcium, Carbon Dioxide, Chloride, Creatinine with GFR Estimated, Globulin (calculated), Glucose, Potassium, Sodium, Total Bilirubin, Total Protein, Urea Nitrogen
Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LC/MS/MS
Insulin-Like Growth Factor I (IGF-I, LC/MS)
Lipid Profile:
Cholesterol, total; high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol; low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (calculated); triglycerides; Non-HDL Cholesterol (calculated)
Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA)
Testosterone, Free and Total, LC/MS/MS
(Actual Total Testosterone levels will be provided with this test for levels up to 10,000.)
Thyroid Profile w/ TSH: T3 Uptake; T4 (Thyroxine), Total; Free T4 Index (T7); Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH)

Patient Instructions:

Patient should fast for 12-14 hours before collection of the specimen. If using a testosterone cream please be sure you have not rubbed any into the antecubital area of your arm for the last 24 hours as it can give elevated results. For accurate test results, no ejaculation during the 24 hours preceding the test.

Estimated turnaround for results is 10 business days. If confirmation testing is required, the estimated time may be extended.

https://www.privatemdlabs.com/lab_tests.php?view=all&show=529&category=6&ven=&search=#529
*Sex Hormone binding Globulin, (SHBG) (Quest Diagnostics)
Test Details

Description:

The Sex Hormone binding Globulin test is used to evaluate the level of male hormones in men and women, also known as androgens.
Testosterone, dihydrotestosterone and estrogens circulate in serum bound to Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG). SHBG concentrations are increased in pregnancy, hyperthyroidism, cirrhosis, oral estrogen administration and by certain drugs. Concentrations are decreased by testosterone, hypothyroidism, Cushings syndrome, acromegaly and obesity.

Includes:

Sex Hormone binding Globulin, Serum.

Patient Instructions:

No fasting required
Estimated turnaround for results is 3 business days.
If confirmation testing is required, the estimated time may be extended.

For both you're looking at around $237'ish..
Only reason I didn’t include test for Tt, estrogen, shbg, and thyroid is because my doc does those and insurance covers those because I am on trt.

Only reason I didn’t include test for Tt, estrogen, shbg, and thyroid is because my doc does those and insurance covers those because I am on trt.
Totally understood and clear..

Id just build your own, or with the body builder one above, call the center and tell them what you want, and they WILL make modifications and delete the TT, estro, shbg and thyroid.
but 100% get a full panel with all markers besides the stated above (y)

Order Lab Tests Online - Full Panel Blood Tests - Private MD Labs

Here’s what all I’m going to get checked next time I go to the doc here soon. Like you said vision might as well spend some extra money and get everything I need checked. What y’all think ?

Cbc
Cmp
Hemoglobin a1c
Homocysteine
Cystatene c
Fibrinogen
Ferratin
Crp- c reactive protein
Vitamin b12
Vitamin d3
TSH+T4F+T3Free*
Vap panel
Cortisol
Prolactin
Psa
Shbg
Dhea
E2
Total test
free test
Urine analysis

Here’s what all I’m going to get checked next time I go to the doc here soon. Like you said vision might as well spend some extra money and get everything I need checked. What y’all think ?

Cbc
Cmp
Hemoglobin a1c
Homocysteine
Cystatene c
Fibrinogen
Ferratin
Crp- c reactive protein
Vitamin b12
Vitamin d3
TSH+T4F+T3Free*
Vap panel
Cortisol
Prolactin
Psa
Shbg
Dhea
E2
Total test
free test
Urine analysis
This is the one.
It covers everything including a urine analysis.
One week before testing, stay well hydrated, to the best of your ability, this way when you get a reading on your urine analysis and everything else you'll get a clear picture of what everything looks like when we stay truly hydrated. This will also include sticking with your current vitamin and mineral intake. On the day of testing I wouldn't take any supplements but you can take them the day prior. Again this will give you a keen indication of where you could possibly be at with the snapshot with supplementation and hydration and the overall function.
Definitely keep everyone posted on your results.
You also should be fasted for this test.
Having a small glass of water won't hurt prior.
But don't over hydrate yourself before going.
You want to be in a fasted state. No coffee or anything. If you can try to get up there first thing in the a.m. if necessary still in your pajamas. Bring a bottled water with you sip on that to keep your mouth wet.

This is the one.
It covers everything including a urine analysis.
One week before testing, stay well hydrated, to the best of your ability, this way when you get a reading on your urine analysis and everything else you'll get a clear picture of what everything looks like when we stay truly hydrated. This will also include sticking with your current vitamin and mineral intake. On the day of testing I wouldn't take any supplements but you can take them the day prior. Again this will give you a keen indication of where you could possibly be at with the snapshot with supplementation and hydration and the overall function.
Definitely keep everyone posted on your results.
You also should be fasted for this test.
Having a small glass of water won't hurt prior.
But don't over hydrate yourself before going.
You want to be in a fasted state. No coffee or anything. If you can try to get up there first thing in the a.m. if necessary still in your pajamas. Bring a bottled water with you sip on that to keep your mouth wet.
Yes sir. I normally have blood work done every 6 months or so. But not as in depth as this. I’m planning on starting to get this exact panel done every 4-6 months. I want to stay on top of my health as much as possible while I’m still young.

Yes sir. I normally have blood work done every 6 months or so. But not as in depth as this. I’m planning on starting to get this exact panel done every 4-6 months. I want to stay on top of my health as much as possible while I’m still young.
This will be a dynamite test for you to keep in the archives, as a template for something that you can compare numbers to in the future.
It's funny because as time goes on you'll find yourself more competing with yourself to be your previous blood work scores compared to you trying to blast past personal bests with your lifts.. I'm dead serious.. lol

Cbc
Cmp
Hemoglobin a1c
Homocysteine
Cystatene c
Fibrinogen
Ferratin
Crp- c reactive protein
Vitamin b12
Vitamin d3
TSH+T4F+T3Free*
Vap panel
Cortisol
Prolactin
Psa
Shbg
Dhea
E2
Total test
free test
Urine analysis
If you don't mind me asking or sharing, where did you order your labs from and what was the total cost??

IML Gear Cream!
If I had the money I would just us this and be done with it instead I jump through the hoops with my GP.

Back