• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

What was the game-changer for your food/diet?

tatertot

Jesus Christ is the Way, Truth, and Life
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
For me it's brining. For years I ate dry chicken, not really enjoying it... until I learn the secret to delicious chicken seems to be brining.

1. 1/4 cup kosher salt, 1/4 cup brown sugar in a large container filled with water
  2. add 3+ pounds of chicken breast
  3. let sit overnight (no more than 24 hours)
  4. bake at 400* for ~60 minutes (until internal temp is 165*)
  5. transfer to a container, cool, add in a bottle of seasoning (I love the Buffalo Wild Wings sauces...)
  6. Enjoy juicy, tender chicken for a few days!

What's your game changer for food?

5YtzQBv
​
M1VPvLr.png

Bft84

Registered Member
Reaction score
Learning that protein and cals in cals out is all that matters. That there is no such thing as bad or good food.

MonsterMaker

Registered Member
Reaction score
Ive found brining chicken changes the texture of the meat especially if I do it too long. Not bad though and it does give you some juicy meat…

For me my game changer in the kitchen was when I invested in some quality food thermometers. I don’t know how I used to cook with out one. I forsure ate a lot of under and over cooked meat, especially chicken. Takes the guess work out of steak and you’ll get it just the way you want it every time.

Oct_

Registered Member
Reaction score
This is going to sound completely stupid but canned food. No weighing or portioning everything out, everything fully cooked and you only need to microwave. 1 cup of veggies plus 1 can of chicken or tuna plus whey protein gets you 75g of protein for under 500 calories and kept me feeling full until dinner. Really helped me stay within maintenance calories and hit macros. However, beware sodium management with this.

NoodleArm

Registered Member
Reaction score
Uncle Ben's 90-seond ready rice and Frozen Veggies. Perfect for those lazy bastards out there :)

doichtoro

Registered Member
Reaction score
Brining is good but you can also do amazing things to chicken, fish, steak with a sous-vide machine.

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ninja Foodi / Instapot

The convenience and speed is unmatched. I can fix an entire week's worth of food in about an hour. And only dirty one pot. You can't beat it for ease.

tatertot

Reaction score
MonsterMaker;1975903 said:
Ive found brining chicken changes the texture of the meat especially if I do it too long. Not bad though and it does give you some juicy meat…

For me my game changer in the kitchen was when I invested in some quality food thermometers. I don’t know how I used to cook with out one. I forsure ate a lot of under and over cooked meat, especially chicken. Takes the guess work out of steak and you’ll get it just the way you want it every time.

A quality food thermometer is something I should invest in... What do you use?

NoodleArm;1975923 said:
Uncle Ben's 90-seond ready rice and Frozen Veggies. Perfect for those lazy bastards out there :)

90-second rice sounds like a good way to go. I'll have to add that to my grocery list and try it out. Sometimes I forget to set the rice maker and then have no rice :(

Nwill135;1975928 said:
Air fryer

My wife got one of those and loves making chicken wings. What do you cook in yours?

Multislacking;1975952 said:
Ninja Foodi / Instapot

The convenience and speed is unmatched. I can fix an entire week's worth of food in about an hour. And only dirty one pot. You can't beat it for ease.

On Christmas we got an Instapot! What do you make in yours for meals? I used a Crockpot for the longest time, but haven't gotten comfortable with the IP. Would like to start using it for making a week's worth of meals though....

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
tatertot;1976150 said:
On Christmas we got an Instapot! What do you make in yours for meals? I used a Crockpot for the longest time, but haven't gotten comfortable with the IP. Would like to start using it for making a week's worth of meals though....

The big thing for me is just doing "bulk" stuff all at once. I cook a few pounds of chicken first. Pull it out and leave the broth behind. Then I'll use it for brown rice. Finally, white rice. My cooking skills are pretty limited. The women folk get a lot fancier with it and use the air fryer, etc on it. It makes a mean frozen corn dog for the grandson once in awhile.

AR-15

Registered Member
Reaction score
How come I never see any high level athletes promoting McDonald’s for their nutrition needs? Lol

Bft84;1975874 said:
Learning that protein and cals in cals out is all that matters. That there is no such thing as bad or good food.

Nwill135

Registered Member
Reaction score
tatertot;1976150 said:
A quality food thermometer is something I should invest in... What do you use?

90-second rice sounds like a good way to go. I'll have to add that to my grocery list and try it out. Sometimes I forget to set the rice maker and then have no rice :(

My wife got one of those and loves making chicken wings. What do you cook in yours?

I cook pretty much anything in there. Chicken, steak, fish, hard boiled eggs.

Probably my favorite is making my own chicken nuggets. Cut up chicken, mix it up with some garlic parm buffalo sauce, and then add some panko bread crumbs. Throw it in the air fryer for like 10 mins.

I use flavor gang take out sauce and yum yum sauce on top of it and tastes awesome.

Seattlesbest

Registered Member
Reaction score
Blender. 5-10oz of beef, 200-450 grams of white rice. Hand full of spinach. Straight up gainz!

Bft84

Registered Member
Reaction score
AR-15;1976257 said:
How come I never see any high level athletes promoting McDonald’s for their nutrition needs? Lol
😂 it looks bad.

HFO3

NO LIMITS.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
THIS IS SUPER EASY and can literally be eating it in 15 minutes made fresh and it tastes amazing. Maybe its not a game changer buts its surely a staple for me

ground turkey in a pan, seasoned to taste
1 can black, red or pinto beans
1 avocado
1 cup rice
sprinkle my cheese of choice over the meat
1-2 small dollops sour cream on top

I layer it in a bowl like this:

rice
beans
meat
cheese
sliced and diced avocado
sour cream

its so good that way you dont even have to mix it up, I usually do mix it though. Also, you can use any type of ground meat, I prefer the 99% turkey

Milford King

Twat Waffle Inspector
Registered Member
Reaction score
HFO3;1976306 said:
THIS IS SUPER EASY and can literally be eating it in 15 minutes made fresh and it tastes amazing. Maybe its not a game changer buts its surely a staple for me

1 avocado
1 cup rice

rice
beans
meat
cheese
sliced and diced avocado
sour cream

its so good that way you dont even have to mix it up, I usually do mix it though. Also, you can use any type of ground meat, I prefer the 99% turkey

that’s like a Mexican shepherds pie. And it sounds amazing.

the game changer for me is….. get your wife to unleash her inner woman/mom/wife and eat dinner together as a family. Then on Sunday I pull out all the pressure cooker, rice cooker, air fryer, skillet, cooker helper outer gadgets…. And prep my meals for the week for work. It is time consuming and sometimes sucks but spending dumb money at the cafeteria at work for shitty tasting food pisses me off so

food cooking gadgets definitely make it easier and cheaper and you can turn it into a ritual and make it less sucky.

summers coming and I am eager for the beer can chicken and the ribs…. Mmmmmm

wife’s meatloaf is done. Gotta go

😉

deejal01

Registered Member
Reaction score
One minute bread recipes in a coffee mug

tatertot

Reaction score
HFO3;1976306 said:

1 avocado
1 cup rice

rice
beans
meat
cheese
sliced and diced avocado
sour cream

Oh man, this sounds like it makes a good portion of food and is easy. I'm going to have to try it.

MonsterMaker;1976650 said:
I got this one because it was rated very good in an article I read. It’s fast and accurate!

https://www.thermoworks.com/thermapen-one/?avad=184698_c2762869d

Thanks for the lead! That's a spendy little guy, but i bet it works awesome!

MonsterMaker

Registered Member
Reaction score
Oh man, this sounds like it makes a good portion of food and is easy. I'm going to have to try it.

Thanks for the lead! That's a spendy little guy, but i bet it works awesome!

Worth its weight in gold though! Super accurate too! Just don’t do what I did a couple days ago. I forgot it on the grill grate and turned it into a melted puddle of plastic, batteries and wires

blingcrosby

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
yeah, 8oz of nutrient rich fresh vegetables and elk meat is no more nutritious than 8oz of chemical laden mcdonalds soy meat with all the vitamins and minerals stripped out. sounds legit.

Bft84

Registered Member
Reaction score
yeah, 8oz of nutrient rich fresh vegetables and elk meat is no more nutritious than 8oz of chemical laden mcdonalds soy meat with all the vitamins and minerals stripped out. sounds legit.
Didn’t say that did I? But as far as fatloss/weight loss or weight gain/muscle gain goes it’s literally cico.
It’s the fucking laws of thermodynamics. If you deny this you’re a retard and don’t know what you’re talking about.
I’ll post my physique when i dieted on all junk food and protein shakes and you post yours.
There’s no good or bad food. It’s energy and all has a place. The dose is what makes the poison. You can die from over consuming water.

Bft84

Registered Member
Reaction score
Twinkie diet
This professor lost weight and had all his health markers improve

blingcrosby

Registered Member
Reaction score
Twinkie diet
This professor lost weight and had all his health markers improve
Weight loss and health are 2 different things. both can go hand in hand but just because he lost weight from eating less calories does not mean he had the nutrition he needs. bloodwork will show you fast how deficient your diet is eating crap like that. anyone with a little common sense knows a difference between garbage food and nutritious food.

Bft84

Registered Member
Reaction score
Weight loss and health are 2 different things. both can go hand in hand but just because he lost weight from eating less calories does not mean he had the nutrition he needs. bloodwork will show you fast how deficient your diet is eating crap like that. anyone with a little common sense knows a difference between garbage food and nutritious food.
Funny dig into the story. He was healthy. In fact he became healthier doing his experiment than he was previously.
Losing weight improves health markers period.
You seem to have an unhealthy relationship with food. It’s not all or nothing.
Again post your current physique and I’ll post mine on all “junk food” and protein shakes.
Do you live in extremes?
Fuck it this when I dieted on all junk food and protein shakes
Also peoples health absolutely improves with only weight loss.

Attachments

• 1E0086B5-8102-4294-BFF0-6DE9B10D2C8D.jpeg
    1E0086B5-8102-4294-BFF0-6DE9B10D2C8D.jpeg
    964.4 KB · Views: 15

JJB1

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
I did a McDonald’s 3 quarter pounder patties and lettuce only 5 times a day for 3 weeks for one bodybuilding show. It works for the Atkins or keto diet. That was back in the 90’s when it was cheap. I’m too poor for that now. 😀
But you’re right, we can’t eat junk crap with our HDL in single digits unless we want blocked arteries and a heart attack by age 30.

blingcrosby

Registered Member
Reaction score
Funny dig into the story. He was healthy. In fact he became healthier doing his experiment than he was previously.
Losing weight improves health markers period.
You seem to have an unhealthy relationship with food. It’s not all or nothing.
Again post your current physique and I’ll post mine on all “junk food” and protein shakes.
Do you live in extremes?
Fuck it this when I dieted on all junk food and protein shakes
Also peoples health absolutely improves with only weight loss.
so someone anorexic is the most healthiest of all? go tell this to a nutritionist or your doctor and see what they say, or do they know nothing and it is all about a cnn article? I am sure that is the case. poor quality food = poor health. if you truly eat garbage, imagine how much healthier you would be if you actually ate well.

Bft84

Registered Member
Reaction score
so someone anorexic is the most healthiest of all? go tell this to a nutritionist or your doctor and see what they say, or do they know nothing and it is all about a cnn article? I am sure that is the case. poor quality food = poor health. if you truly eat garbage, imagine how much healthier you would be if you actually ate well.
Didn’t say that either. I’m not gonna continue with you when on this when all you can do is straw man.
I’m done with you.
I don’t always eat “bad food”. I did then as an experiment. You know what? My health markers were all fine and I wasn’t malnourished. You’re one those people that have critical no thinking ability.
I didn’t say any point you’re trying to create and get me to argue against.

Bft84

Registered Member
Reaction score
I did a McDonald’s 3 quarter pounder patties and lettuce only 5 times a day for 3 weeks for one bodybuilding show. It works for the Atkins or keto diet. That was back in the 90’s when it was cheap. I’m too poor for that now. 😀
But you’re right, we can’t eat junk crap with our HDL in single digits unless we want blocked arteries and a heart attack by age 30.
It’s dictated more by high body fat than the food choices.

blingcrosby

Registered Member
Reaction score
Didn’t say that either. I’m not gonna continue with you when on this when all you can do is straw man.
I’m done with you.
I don’t always eat “bad food”. I did then as an experiment. You know what? My health markers were all fine and I wasn’t malnourished. You’re one those people that have critical no thinking ability.
I didn’t say any point you’re trying to create and get me to argue against.
Lol what is "critical no thinking ability"? No matter what nonsense you spew, eating an unhealthy diet is unhealthy. Sure you can do it for a period of time but your body will eventually pay the price. You stated all food is the same, that is not true in no way shape or form.