What is the funniest things/stories you have ever seen in a gym??

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Lets hear the stories you guys have.

What are the funniest things you guys have seen in a gym.

I can go first.

In college this kid literally put one of those leather Cardillo weight belts on..He sat on the bench press and had a kid pull it and put his foot on the kids chest, to pull it so tight. As tight as he could. Then the kid lays down on the bench, he has 225 on the bar. And he fails the lift. Meanwhile kid is turning blue. I'm sitting there watching in disbelief. It was in the college gym so all the students and athletes, we are all watching in disbelief.

Anyways the kid can't breathe so he starts panicking. He's yelling "get it off me" (the belt). So his buddy pushes him onto the bench. Again puts his foot against the kids chest and is pulling trying to get the belt off. Can't get it off. The kid is yelling "get it off me". I now start to laugh (sorry can't help myself)

Finally the leather belt comes off. The kid frantically stands up from the bench, passes out instantly and faceplants onto the floor in front of us all. The floor is rubber, thankfully for him.

My mouth is open in shock at this point. Seconds after faceplanting, the kid instantly wakes up, starts crying and sprints out of the gym with literally dozens of us watching.

We all erupt in laughter at this point. Like probably 50 of us.

I couldn't even finish my workout. I just kept laughing the rest of the workout. Had to be the stupidest funniest thing I have ever seen...

I never saw that kid ever again in the next 4 years at the University Gym.

Priceless.

What do you guys have?

dale.c

OG
Registered
Reaction score
Lets hear the stories you guys have.

What are the funniest things you guys have seen in a gym.

I can go first.

In college this kid literally put one of those leather Cardillo weight belts on..He sat on the bench press and had a kid pull it and put his foot on the kids chest, to pull it so tight. As tight as he could. Then the kid lays down on the bench, he has 225 on the bar. And he fails the lift. Meanwhile kid is turning blue. I'm sitting there watching in disbelief. It was in the college gym so all the students and athletes, we are all watching in disbelief.

Anyways the kid can't breathe so he starts panicking. He's yelling "get it off me" (the belt). So his buddy pushes him onto the bench. Again puts his foot against the kids chest and is pulling trying to get the belt off. Can't get it off. The kid is yelling "get it off me". I now start to laugh (sorry can't help myself)

Finally the leather belt comes off. The kid frantically stands up from the bench, passes out instantly and faceplants onto the floor in front of us all. The floor is rubber, thankfully for him.

My mouth is open in shock at this point. Seconds after faceplanting, the kid instantly wakes up, starts crying and sprints out of the gym with literally dozens of us watching.

We all erupt in laughter at this point. Like probably 50 of us.

I couldn't even finish my workout. I just kept laughing the rest of the workout. Had to be the stupidest funniest thing I have ever seen...

I never saw that kid ever again in the next 4 years at the University Gym.

Priceless.

What do you guys have?

thats truly some funny azz chit right there !
I really can’t say I’ve sen anything all that funny at the gym but then again im always paying to much attention to the booty walkin around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DisgruntledJimmy

Registered
Reaction score
Last week, I was in the sauna after a solid ass workout like always. Watched a kid (couldnt have been more than 20 years old) come up to the sauna door and pull on it to come in. Didn't work, so he pulled harder. Then he assumed (I think) it was a sliding door and tried to slide it open - leaned his body weight into it and all. At this point I'm asking myself if this kid is fucking serious...I lost it when he put a fucking foot on the wall and REALLY tried to pull the damn door open. Finally starting feeling bad for this fella and got up to open the door for him. All he had to do was push.

dale.c

OG
Registered
Reaction score
Last week, I was in the sauna after a solid ass workout like always. Watched a kid (couldnt have been more than 20 years old) come up to the sauna door and pull on it to come in. Didn't work, so he pulled harder. Then he assumed (I think) it was a sliding door and tried to slide it open - leaned his body weight into it and all. At this point I'm asking myself if this kid is fucking serious...I lost it when he put a fucking foot on the wall and REALLY tried to pull the damn door open. Finally starting feeling bad for this fella and got up to open the door for him. All he had to do was push.

damn man no sense makes life harder !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shotta609

Registered
Reaction score
It wasn’t what these dudes did it was more the way they acted and what they wore…. This about 10 yrs ago I was 31 and these young kids probably 19-20 started coming in everyday, after about a month they be walking around with small wife beaters on, weight belts, chalking their hands they couldn’t weigh more then 100lbs , very skinny but they walked around like they were the biggest guys in the gym I got a good kick out of them everytime

Kansan

Registered
Reaction score
Not as good as the first post, but years ago as an undergrad at my college’s gym, during peak time no less, a group of yell leaders (or whatever they’re called) were hitting the iron. One of of them is doing concentration curls in front of the mirror and he starts screaming at himself: “Ah yeah, yeah! You’re so fucking big!” Keeps going on while the entire gym is just staring at him, totally oblivious.

implicitnewt

Registered
Reaction score
Watched a kid lay on a flat bench one time with his feet up and put a folded towel across his forehead... I was like ok he must be feeling it a bit, kinda looked like he didn't lift much. Then he proceeded to put a 5 lb plate on the towel and do neck raises.

Shotta609

Registered
Reaction score
This actually happen to my friend, there was someone doing front shoulder raises , my friend goes down to pick up a weight as the guy going up with the dumbbell, got him right in the face

wrekem

Registered
Reaction score
Would watch this middle age to older man prolly 50's go stand in front of the wide grip pull down handle. Put his two hands close to the middle, weight maybe at 10 or 15lbs and just push it down, let go til it hit his hands and do it over and over again. Like a cat playing with a toy. I just..i didnt know what to think

CoachCabo

Registered
Reaction score
This is a testament to how stupid youth is today…or maybe always. I have watched this type of struggle so many times and I used to be itching to help. Now I just see how long it takes them to solve the puzzle.

I watched these two yutes trying to put bands on a bench press. They were at it for no less than twenty minutes. They ended up with loose bands that at the top of the rep, only had the slack taken out.I blame the internet and Instagram.

The silliest thing I am seeing EVERYWHERE is people doing dumbbell shoulder presses and rotating elbows in at the bottom. I wondered what this was and asked a guy. He said ”they are doing Arnolds.” Like they saw start and finish pics and that’s what they are doing, just totally wrong. I saw it yesterday here in Tennessee too.

BTW, sauna and steam room doors are supposed to open outward. That way if someone is woozy, they can fall OUT of the door instead of being stuck in there any dying.

GJ503

Registered
Reaction score
I saw a guy squatting 275 completely bow to the iron. Did not know the body could contort like that. It was like a yoga child's pose with his feet still on the ground. It was on a prison weight pile and they installed safety bars after that.

implicitnewt

Registered
Reaction score
We have noticed that the younger generation seems to think that short-shorts (on men) & white Keds are "gym-equipment" :ROFLMAO:
Or hey dudes, I see those now and then. Although I forgot my shoes one day and worked out in my slides, that was crazy comfort lol.

There is a kid here that wears compression shorts on his leg days. If he had the legs to back it up would be one thing... maybe... I like to keep shorts over my compression shit regardless. I'll leave the skin tight for the ladies.