• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

What is the absolute furthest that your boss, manager or employee has ever gone with losing their shit?

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Just a topic for discussion, it doesn't relate to anything in my life.
For conversation piece, what has been the absolute furthest that you have ever seen your boss or manager go with losing their shit or even an employee or worker, to the point that it was next level shit that is unacceptable, definitely fire worthy, whether they were fired or not is irrelevant, what did they do, how bad did they lose their shit, and what was it over?

samgraves82

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
I nearly broke a guys hand over a scanner. He kept stealing ours so when he grabbed mine i caught him and showed him just how hard I could squeeze his hand around that scanner. I had to leave that night as you'd imagine. I didn't get fired tho, actually that's how I got hired full time from temp service. Fuck that guy, real tough guy he thought. Throwing peoples lunch bags away and shit. There's more to that story but too long to type

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I nearly broke a guys hand over a scanner. He kept stealing ours so when he grabbed mine i caught him and showed him just how hard I could squeeze his hand around that scanner. I had to leave that night as you'd imagine. I didn't get fired tho, actually that's how I got hired full time from temp service. Fuck that guy, real tough guy he thought. Throwing peoples lunch bags away and shit. There's more to that story but too long to type
Brother, I know the type.
Many years ago there was a guy that we worked with, he would toss little pieces of pebbles or small debris at people. It wouldn't hurt them but he would do it in a mocking teasing fashion when people weren't looking or were busy working, he was an abnormally large human being, like BIG. He would torment people, and he would get them to lose their shit, and when they lost their shit basically asking to be left alone he would laugh and say "or what"? Some years later he was found in the woods in a rural area half dead. He was beaten and stomped on and left for dead. Life caught up to him, and he fucked with the wrong person or people. No one was ever charged. Rumor circulated that he messed with the son of a biker gangs member. That's why you don't fuck with people, they might be a somebody, or they may know of somebody. Sounds like your coworker was a loser.

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was Assistant Director of a program and like 50+ staff in a community/med/etc program. My boss was the Director of course. About 6 months into the job, she revealed to me she wanted to fire one of the staff (who I liked). She had all these documented "complaints" against her. She then revealed a new one and she wanted me to sign it, saying that the staff called her a "B***" in front of both of us, and was insubordinate, etc, etc.

I refused to sign it and lie to get this girl fired. About a week later, our Area Director called me in to meet with him and my boss. He liked me so I wasn't worried.

When I came into the meeting he had a stack of complaints , being late, insubordinate. All from this same Director against me. (she made them all up)

So we both explained our sides. She cried and pleaded it was all true, etc. I denied the allegations. The Area Director asked me to leave. He called me back in an hour later.

My boss, the Director. He told her to her face she was lying. (for one she had no employee signatures on any of the so called complaints in the files). He knew she made up all of it. She was fired on the spot and I got her job that day and a raise.

What an evil evil disgusting woman. When she left and the following week, the entire staff threw a party for me now that I was the boss. The entire company hated that woman. I wanna say I was 32 years old at the time and the youngest director in the History of the company.

That is the worst incident I have ever seen. Someone totally framing people to fire them. Evil.

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I was young, I worked construction for almost 2 years. I was literally the gopher and got ALL the shit jobs. I hated it. To make matters worse, the old guy that worked there that considered himself the "lead man" even though we didn't have that kind of crew, and he did everything he could to make my life a living hell. Every...single...day. We started a new house and I got put with the two guys who were usually the trim carpenters, but when things got slow they would do the framing too. I'd framed a few houses with them and knew what they wanted and what to do. I was enjoying the time with them and the "freedom" from my elder overlord. Mind you, this guy was half my size and past due for retirement...l could have destroyed him if it ever became physical and it was everything I could do to restrain myself. So since things were slow, he eventually ran out of things to goof off at elsewhere and was put with us to finish framing the new house. The first morning there, he started in with his normal routine of "you're doing it wrong" and "do this, do that". I started to build an "H" where two interior walls come to T. It was simply 3 scab boards from scraps that are nailed between two studs (top, bottom, middle). So the other wall can have a nice vertical point to tie into (some framers use a whole third stud). He went into a tirade about me wasting lumber with three scrap boards instead of two...mind you...the more "scrap" I used, was the less I picked up later to haul to the dump. And I was doing EXACTLY what the rest of the crew had always told me to do. So that's exactly what I told him. He didn't like it. Then he went into telling the other guys how there weren't doing things right. It turned into a full on "fuck you" four way argument with the old guy being alone in his viewpoint. The guys got pissed, started rounding up their tools, threw everything in their trucks and took off. I was left standing there with nothing but my toolbelt and what I had in it. In my young mind I was like "well, I guess I got the rest of the day off." So I went home. I hadn't done anything wrong, so I wasn't worried about losing my job. I was still pissed about what had happened and made up my mind that the very next time the old guy opened his mouth, that was it. Even if it became physical, I didn't care...I was done. I went to work the next day, and the old fart started apologizing. I was even madder! I bit my tongue though and let it be. The owner put him working on another project and I didn't have to see him for a few weeks. When we did end up working together again, things went back to the way they were pretty quickly, albeit toned down a tiny bit. Just enough that it never approached physical again. I was never so happy to quit a job.

But yeah...an argument just shy of fisticuffs because of 3 scrap boards versus 2 scrap boards.

selfmademonster

Registered Member
Reaction score
Last boss I had over 20yrs ago was a good ole boy from Alabama, a hot head, called everybody son even if you were older. He came at me one day cussing and such because of what the foreman (who was a good friend) had done 😮....now I have never in my life yelled or cussed someone out, just ridiculous to me and I sure as hell don't put up with it so I told him talking crazy like that is just gonna make my old personality come back and if he wanted to take care of it we can step to the side and handle it... (the crew thought it was awesome)😂. Well of course he backed down because that's what loud mouths do, and from that point forward I realized I would not be able to work for most people so I quit a couple weeks later and started my own business.

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was Assistant Director of a program and like 50+ staff in a community/med/etc program. My boss was the Director of course. About 6 months into the job, she revealed to me she wanted to fire one of the staff (who I liked). She had all these documented "complaints" against her. She then revealed a new one and she wanted me to sign it, saying that the staff called her a "B***" in front of both of us, and was insubordinate, etc, etc.

I refused to sign it and lie to get this girl fired. About a week later, our Area Director called me in to meet with him and my boss. He liked me so I wasn't worried.

When I came into the meeting he had a stack of complaints , being late, insubordinate. All from this same Director against me. (she made them all up)

So we both explained our sides. She cried and pleaded it was all true, etc. I denied the allegations. The Area Director asked me to leave. He called me back in an hour later.

My boss, the Director. He told her to her face she was lying. (for one she had no employee signatures on any of the so called complaints in the files). He knew she made up all of it. She was fired on the spot and I got her job that day and a raise.

What an evil evil disgusting woman. When she left and the following week, the entire staff threw a party for me now that I was the boss. The entire company hated that woman. I wanna say I was 32 years old at the time and the youngest director in the History of the company.

That is the worst incident I have ever seen. Someone totally framing people to fire them. Evil.
I only had one legit, all out fight at work but I'll save that story for another day. But -
There's one thing that fires me up that I can't handle, is people berating me or cursing at me.
If a boss or a lead man wants to critique, or set something straight, that's fine. But the moment f-bombs, or a high level of yelling begins, my brain turns into scrambled eggs, and I literally feel my heart thumping out my chest, hands and knees shake, PTSD from my father.
The window of reasoning begins to shrink, quickly. Few years ago there was a house I was on for a minute, got there one morning and the plumber was there with the little mini backhoe..(scratching head). I didn't think anything of it, all the roughing was done, had full inspections, and the house was tied into the city sewer and water. I'm waiting on two box trucks with finishing products, and the plumber starts to dig a trench. He said there was a leak where he tied into the street. Okay no problem, there's still plenty of room for parking and room to move, there was actually a shitload of room for parking.. My box trucks pull up and we positioned to start unloading, and this guy went full blown retarded, yup, started yelling and cursing, it went from 0 to 2,000 mph in an instant. I recall eating an tuna sandwich, and I lost my shit and I was spitting chunks of sandwich all over his face while I was screaming, shit was flying out like shrapnel. My hands and knees were trembling, my head was all vibrating and twitching, I was fucking torqued, amped is an understatement.. he disappeared. We unloaded the trucks at a normal pace, 10 minutes tops. And they left, I was no longer needed there either and I went to another job and came back the next day.
I seen where he was digging, and the tracks he left, we were never in his way, or came anywhere near. Would you know it, that guy showed up to the job site to look for me, he walked in and I was working but I still said "hey man what's up, do you have more work to do"? In a normal tone (because I'm over it and it's another day).. he said no, he was driving by and wanted to stop to apologize.
He turned out to be super fucking cool, he showed me pictures of his issue, and it was bad, he was knee deep in water, he had a lot of pressure and people screaming at him about it..
I never seen him before, but oddly enough I bumped into him plenty of times after on job sites, and again he was one super cool dude. He just assumed the worst and thought we were going to camp on his parade. We are all entitled to bad days.

It was the screaming and yelling that set me off. That's something I can't do man, there's just no way. I get all weird.
It's not like I seen this coming or the guy just eased into the yelling, he just came straight from the head of the dick full blown bananas. I was so close to picking him up and tossing him into the dumpster.

I have quit jobs because of people not knowing how to talk appropriately to others. I never let it prolong, if it happens once, there's going to be a second and a third and a fourth, I don't let it get that far. I know my worth, and if shit can get that bad I can find work easily without stressing. Whenever I started a new job like that, that's the reason why they were hiring because other motherfuckers were walking away.

reddog309

🐍 Don't tread on me
Registered Member
Reaction score
I have been in two fist fights with co-workers in my 35 year career at my company and one screaming match with my one boss who was considered to be the biggest dick head on the planet.
Now that I am considered to be the "big boss" I find that I say please and thank you more than I ever have in my life and treat everyone with respect and 90% of the guys will do anything I ask.
After working for the biggest dick head on the planet I say that is one person I will never emulate. I have managers that report to me and I tell them, these guys are not your kids so don't treat them like they are,
respect goes both ways but it has to be earned.

Rot-Iron66

Registered Member
Reaction score
Never had a boss issue, luckily. I did have one "fight" if you want to call it that.
A wise-ass (Mark) used to like to go around yapping, and starting shit between other parties then sit back and watch it unfold.
So he did that to a guy I liked a lot (Rich), and me. He even came over with the guy I liked, because he (Rich) said he was going to fight me, so the yapper said he would keep watch on the door for any employee's
in order to warn us or "look out" for us. (I of course had no idea yet as to what they were planning).

Rich calls me into a conference room, starts a fight with me, and I just grab his head in a lock and try to calm him down, squeezing.
Im begging him to stop or I'd start punching, I was just holding him and talking him down. (I liked him too much and couldn't bring myself to punching him out).
After a couple mins of him struggling, he went limp of course so I helped him up and he went on his way after a few mins.
Came in next day in neck-brace and couldn't turn his head. I just told him that's what he gets for listening to Mark (Yapper). LOL :cautious:

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have been in two fist fights with co-workers in my 35 year career at my company and one screaming match with my one boss who was considered to be the biggest dick head on the planet.
Now that I am considered to be the "big boss" I find that I say please and thank you more than I ever have in my life and treat everyone with respect and 90% of the guys will do anything I ask.
After working for the biggest dick head on the planet I say that is one person I will never emulate. I have managers that report to me and I tell them, these guys are not your kids so don't treat them like they are,
respect goes both ways but it has to be earned.
This right here man, I been in upper management more often in my adult life, and because of my previous experiences, I have gauged and assessed on what is best and how to speak to people. Using verbal judo, it's so much easier to talk people off a ledge. I'm basically the Doctor Phil in a heated moment or a tense situation with employees or customers, because of working with assholes, I know exactly what cues and what words set people off, and what will instantly turn on someone's screensaver in their head where from there on out everything is just blank. Deescalate deescalate deescalate..
I have had people who weren't even in the wrong, make an apology, maybe because they realize how uncomfortable and unnecessary it really is for everyone. The reality is, most people, a large portion of people do not want problems. If guys want to have positions for the power Trip, they won't last long.. some people envy upper management or supervisor positions, fuck it if they want it they could have it, it's not as easy as they think it is, and there's nothing glamorous about it..

Everyone wants to be the boss, until you have to do boss stuff..

tommygunz

Registered Member
Reaction score
I’ve been the asshole boss before. Now that I’m older I care a lot less and I have almost no stress anymore.

But this one time…..
I had a foreman fire one of the guys on his crew, I paid the guy off and gave him a term slip. I called the hall for another man and that same guy took the call and showed up right back the next morning. I told him I was refusing his work clearance and to go back to the hall. He told me to fuck off and he’d keep taking the call every day. I said “not today” and picked him up and tossed him out of my office, when he thought he’s was tough enough, he made a run at me. I threw his butt out of the building and down a few short stairs. He never came back for two years.
Now my boss showed up the next morning and suspended me for 5 days. I took my lumps and flew the wife and I to Hawaii that week lol.
Funniest part is the guy who got run off and I are friends now.

Strange world.

reddog309

🐍 Don't tread on me
Registered Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is the one guy I fought in work we turned into pothead chess playing partners for years.
But to Visions point, there are people who would never take a management job but have all the answers to how to run the place,
sometimes I wish I could go back to my teamsters job and put my feet up and do the crossword puzzles, but pulling cable is a young mans gig.

Dano22

Registered Member
Reaction score
I worked at Blue Bell ice cream for a few years during senior year of high school and a few after . Boss was not with the the bullshit . He would tolerate 0 fuckery. The ice cream half gallons are never sealed . When you buy them from the store that’s exactly how they are packaged and shipped. Easy to open. Not sanitary at all . Well somebody shoved their dick into a half gallon of vanilla . Big beautiful dick print in the ice cream . Boss started raising hell (which I agreed with . Some kid or family could have bought that gallon) finally dipshit admitted to doing it . Boss beat that man half to death on the docks, sent his ass home. He came back the next day FUUUCKED up, not a word was said about it. Sometimes people gtta learn the hard way

HFO3

NO LIMITS.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a crazy fucken story for you guys

I used to manage a boat dealership before I started my Real Estate investment company back in 2006, my F&I manager was an old marine who had a serious addiction to hydrocodeins, he would get mouthy with me all the time he would be condescending as fuck and the day he was just a little too loud and a little too condescending and I had had it with his old ass, “fuck you cary” “fuck you, you little motherfucker” he swung , missed, he was a big ol boy compared to me...BOOM BBANG BOOM, we are on the floor, I’m on top of him, I had my hand wrapped tight as fuck around his esophagus yelling “cary don't make me hurt you"..., he tapped out. After wards I felt sorry for emabrassin him like that but man everyone has that line and they snap, I dont even remember what it was about. The owner and everyone else FLIPPED OUT lol, thankfully no customers saw or heard us, no harm no foul was the owners pov, we made him very rich man so he wasn’t firing anyone lol. Cary and I had margaritas after work at his house that day, he has a frozen margarita machine that runs 24 hrs a day , crazy fucker lol I love that guy ....You guys would too, He customized his suburban rear window with stick on letters, it read like this...

OBAMA
one. big. ass. mistake. america.

lmao

good times, good people... we are still friends today

maxmuscle1

Registered Member
Reaction score
Great story . I’ve definitely fantasized about hurting guys like that. When they are drunk or high ; it’s like their volume goes way up and they talk a lot of shit…yet when they’re not fucked up, they are nice guys. Luckily I grew up around a lot of drunks & drug users …just seeing them at bbq’s or even family reunions, just obliterated cured me of Ever wanting to use/abuse something . Of course I take medicines but , it’s a bit different

Max

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I used to manage a boat dealership before I started my Real Estate investment company back in 2006, my F&I manager was an old marine who had a serious addiction to hydrocodeins, he would get mouthy with me all the time he would be condescending as fuck and the day he was just a little too loud and a little too condescending and I had had it with his old ass, “fuck you cary” “fuck you, you little motherfucker” he swung , missed, he was a big ol boy compared to me...BOOM BBANG BOOM, we are on the floor, I’m on top of him, I had my hand wrapped tight as fuck around his esophagus yelling “cary don't make me hurt you"..., he tapped out. After wards I felt sorry for emabrassin him like that but man everyone has that line and they snap, I dont even remember what it was about. The owner and everyone else FLIPPED OUT lol, thankfully no customers saw or heard us, no harm no foul was the owners pov, we made him very rich man so he wasn’t firing anyone lol. Cary and I had margaritas after work at his house that day, he has a frozen margarita machine that runs 24 hrs a day , crazy fucker lol I love that guy ....You guys would too, He customized his suburban rear window with stick on letters, it read like this...

OBAMA

lmao

Man, I have zero tolerance for condescending people. I can deal with a bit, but if its front of others I get all weirded out, flash backs of my father and his abusive ways, I get people like this at work who are homeowners or builders, I have to shut it down right away before I do anything silly. I'm on board with what you did. People can say what they have to, critique me, let me know how or where to do something better, but once curse words start flying or berating begins I get very uncomfortable and I lose my shit. Being put in a position where now I have to do everything to deescalate, and avoid conflict is something I have boundaries with, I'll do my part but if someone progresses, they need to be accountable for their own shit on their side of the street.

I had a guy I worked with years ago, this guy was not right, very unstable. I had some words with him in the office about he tidiness on jobs, and his trash/scraps being left behind. But of course he loses his mind and it escalated, fast.
The guy took of his shirt. In my head I was like "Really, shirt off, like this, here and now? I DIDN'T want to swing I was actually very hungry and just wanted to eat my breakfast, I looked at the office manager and told him to call the police, no one moved or tried to stop this from becoming a full scale fight. I walked out the side door, and he walks out the other door that lead to the same place on the side of the building. There he was and closing the distance on me. Great, just what we all need at 7:30 am, all over words about picking up after jobs are completed, it needed to be said, I wasn't wrong.
He did some crazy running flying knee, totally telegraphic. I have drilled this exact scenario 100's of times on the mat, it was text book basics from my POV, like slow motion, just an other day of drilling for me. His leg was there for the taking, snatched up the other one once I had my hook in with the leg he gave me, with a double leg take down. (much like you I landed top). I instantly got top position/top mount, he posted up tying to make a desperate attempt to push me off of him. AGAIN, drilled this on the daily, he gave me his arms so I'm gonna take them, I slipped in with a head & arm choke, I didn't even synch it yet, I told him to chill out, NOPE, he tried to muscle out, I just tightened it up until he stopped moving. He faded out but not for long I let it it go just to let him know that it stops here. Of course he has a few words to say, so I gave it one final squeeze (it doesn't take much with a head in arm choke from top mount). Point was made at that point.
What upset me most of all of this, most the crew was there watching, no one even tried to stop the shit in the office and all watched it unfold outside.
I was never once in danger or harms ways, the assholes all asked why I didn't pound on him when I established top control? Because he wasn't a threat to me, I was in control of him the entire time, latched on to him like a crocodile.
This is the result when some men think they can't fight and fuck around and find out, compared to what can really happen out on the streets. That crazy shit he tried might have worked with others that are in his same class of trouble makers that are not trained people, shit starters and brawlers. Pull that shit on someone that's seasoned, it won't go as planned.

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great story . I’ve definitely fantasized about hurting guys like that. When they are drunk or high ; it’s like their volume goes way up and they talk a lot of shit…yet when they’re not fucked up, they are nice guys. Luckily I grew up around a lot of drunks & drug users …just seeing them at bbq’s or even family reunions, just obliterated cured me of Ever wanting to use/abuse something . Of course I take medicines but , it’s a bit different

Max
Its not even worth getting the better of someone if they are wasted, plus they most likely won't remember the encounter to even learn anything from it.
If I wrecked someone that was incapable, I'd feel terrible.. A nice HARD shove always does the trick! (y)

Augustine5I

Carpet-Chewer
Registered Member
Reaction score
Man, I have zero tolerance for condescending people. I can deal with a bit, but if its front of others I get all weirded out, flash backs of my father and his abusive ways, I get people like this at work who are homeowners or builders, I have to shut it down right away before I do anything silly. I'm on board with what you did. People can say what they have to, critique me, let me know how or where to do something better, but once curse words start flying or berating begins I get very uncomfortable and I lose my shit. Being put in a position where now I have to do everything to deescalate, and avoid conflict is something I have boundaries with, I'll do my part but if someone progresses, they need to be accountable for their own shit on their side of the street.

I had a guy I worked with years ago, this guy was not right, very unstable. I had some words with him in the office about he tidiness on jobs, and his trash/scraps being left behind. But of course he loses his mind and it escalated, fast.
The guy took of his shirt. In my head I was like "Really, shirt off, like this, here and now? I DIDN'T want to swing I was actually very hungry and just wanted to eat my breakfast, I looked at the office manager and told him to call the police, no one moved or tried to stop this from becoming a full scale fight. I walked out the side door, and he walks out the other door that lead to the same place on the side of the building. There he was and closing the distance on me. Great, just what we all need at 7:30 am, all over words about picking up after jobs are completed, it needed to be said, I wasn't wrong.
He did some crazy running flying knee, totally telegraphic. I have drilled this exact scenario 100's of times on the mat, it was text book basics from my POV, like slow motion, just an other day of drilling for me. His leg was there for the taking, snatched up the other one once I had my hook in with the leg he gave me, with a double leg take down. (much like you I landed top). I instantly got top position/top mount, he posted up tying to make a desperate attempt to push me off of him. AGAIN, drilled this on the daily, he gave me his arms so I'm gonna take them, I slipped in with a head & arm choke, I didn't even synch it yet, I told him to chill out, NOPE, he tried to muscle out, I just tightened it up until he stopped moving. He faded out but not for long I let it it go just to let him know that it stops here. Of course he has a few words to say, so I gave it one final squeeze (it doesn't take much with a head in arm choke from top mount). Point was made at that point.
What upset me most of all of this, most the crew was there watching, no one even tried to stop the shit in the office and all watched it unfold outside.
I was never once in danger or harms ways, the assholes all asked why I didn't pound on him when I established top control? Because he wasn't a threat to me, I was in control of him the entire time, latched on to him like a crocodile.
This is the result when some men think they can't fight and fuck around and find out, compared to what can really happen out on the streets. That crazy shit he tried might have worked with others that are in his same class of trouble makers that are not trained people, shit starters and brawlers. Pull that shit on someone that's seasoned, it won't go as planned.

Bro, he didn’t stand a chance.

You use dragon style. He was using flying serpent style.

That style doesn’t work around here!

giphy.gif

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Bro, he didn’t stand a chance.

You use dragon style. He was using flying serpent style.

That style doesn’t work around here!

giphy.gif
Truly he didn't stand a chance. Ha..
It was so bizarre and completely unexpected, I have never experienced anything like that before or after.
It was a perfectly normal and ordinary morning, it went from 0 to 2,000 miles an hour in a nanosecond, next thing I know a dude has his shirt off?!?! Like WTF..
I heard through the grapevine that the guys in prison for a long time. It's where he belongs. People like him don't fit into society.. now I have PTSD and I question if I should tell people to pick up their trash hahaah

CoachCabo

Registered Member
Reaction score
I imagine today businesses are fully of mouthy young people who think their keyboard prowess converts to real world toughness. Unless someone is there to tighten them up, things will only get worse. I think most guys in my age range are retiring or getting so close they have added an extra shield of tolerance.

I joined the Navy in 1983. Most of the guys who “raised” me were Vietnam vets, from the era where “fan room counseling” still extisted. This meant if you pushed the wrong buttons or failed to do your share of work, you got your ass kicked.

I deployed to the desert in 2006-07 and all of 2008. Most of the sailors were E4 and E5. Most were millennials and certainly weren’t familiar with my kind of Navy. I had been away from the regular Navy for almost 20 years and didn’t see the shift in the units I was in, because these units were populated by great guys.

Towards the end of the deployment the battalion had a bunch of misfits from different companies and my seniors decided to create a division for these guys and gals just to get through the deployment, their bright idea was to put me, the dinosaur, in charge of them. They gave me as much lattitude as I wanted, so the first thing I did was load them into Humvees and take them to the outskirts of the camp, doing manual labor. Our tasks seemed stupid and by the middle of the first day the mutiny started. I was High Year Tenure, meaning I was in my rank too long and not promotable, so I really had nothing to lose. I told these sailors that they WOULD do what they were told or else. “I am leaving here with an Achievement Medal or as an E1, their choice, but they WERE going to do what they were told. I think they had never had anyone hold them accountable and it is probably why they became shitbags during the deployment.
I always say that my father never beat me BUT, I knew he would. That worked on me. Eventually I helped them wrap their heads around their situation and they started to actually enjoy the work, away from the rest of the company and it’s monotonous bullshit.
I got an Army Commendation Medal on that deployment.

I’m no tough guy. I have been in my share of fights and had my ass beaten pretty badly a couple of times. I honestly don’t know how guys can get through life with out ever fighting. One thing I have learned is to never say “I’ll beat your ass!” because you never know. When guys say that to me I just reply with “Don’t think you will come out of this uninjured.” This usually cools most guys down.

Jbswole40

Registered Member
Reaction score
Great topic.not a manager loosing it but I lost it on my manager for being such a push over.fn lazy people spend more time on their phones or break or spending to much time in bathroom, well long story short I'm the manager now,my point was why should pay 5 guys same amount of $$ while Me do 75% of work,not great detailed story,but I could fill threads on how many times I flip or loose my composure on people 😀.

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I imagine today businesses are fully of mouthy young people who think their keyboard prowess converts to real world toughness. Unless someone is there to tighten them up, things will only get worse. I think most guys in my age range are retiring or getting so close they have added an extra shield of tolerance.

I joined the Navy in 1983. Most of the guys who “raised” me were Vietnam vets, from the era where “fan room counseling” still extisted. This meant if you pushed the wrong buttons or failed to do your share of work, you got your ass kicked.

I deployed to the desert in 2006-07 and all of 2008. Most of the sailors were E4 and E5. Most were millennials and certainly weren’t familiar with my kind of Navy. I had been away from the regular Navy for almost 20 years and didn’t see the shift in the units I was in, because these units were populated by great guys.

Towards the end of the deployment the battalion had a bunch of misfits from different companies and my seniors decided to create a division for these guys and gals just to get through the deployment, their bright idea was to put me, the dinosaur, in charge of them. They gave me as much lattitude as I wanted, so the first thing I did was load them into Humvees and take them to the outskirts of the camp, doing manual labor. Our tasks seemed stupid and by the middle of the first day the mutiny started. I was High Year Tenure, meaning I was in my rank too long and not promotable, so I really had nothing to lose. I told these sailors that they WOULD do what they were told or else. “I am leaving here with an Achievement Medal or as an E1, their choice, but they WERE going to do what they were told. I think they had never had anyone hold them accountable and it is probably why they became shitbags during the deployment.
I always say that my father never beat me BUT, I knew he would. That worked on me. Eventually I helped them wrap their heads around their situation and they started to actually enjoy the work, away from the rest of the company and it’s monotonous bullshit.

I’m no tough guy. I have been in my share of fights and had my ass beaten pretty badly a couple of times. I honestly don’t know how guys can get through life with out ever fighting. One thing I have learned is to never say “I’ll beat your ass!” because you never know. When guys say that to me I just reply with “Don’t think you will come out of this uninjured.” This usually cools most guys down.
Two things I want to comment on here, but first I'll start off with the I absolutely love the navy, I'm obsessed with it.
Hit me up in PM's and let me know what ships you served on.

There's a comment that you made about people floating through life not getting in a fight, I agree with this 100%, but there's two people particularly that I know that have never been in a fight and they're absolutely nasty individuals.

My little brother for one has never been in a fight, but he's a collegiate wrestler. Quiet, shy individual, always avoid confrontation. But he could hold his own if it ever came down to it.

There's another dude who I graduated with back in the early 90s, we nicknamed him ogre.. him and his little brother were just all around brute tough boys.
He's never been in a fight, no one would fuck with him either because he just had that energy and vibe about him that he would wreck some shit.
He was a tailback, but this is back when football would have power backs, those days are long gone. Motherfuckers would bounce off of him. He was that type of breed that was just a genetic freak.

Yet there's other motherfuckers I remember who were always picking fights, some of them were pretty crafty fighters, and others must have had some type of complex because they were always getting beat up.

But one thing's for certain is times have changed, back when majority of fights were settled, there was none of this bullshit with beating someone up with your mouth.
Anymore that's all I see is people beating each other up with their mouth.
Back when if you talk to talk, it was almost expected in The Honorable thing to do was to back it up.

Even bullying was different back then.
The bullies these days with kids are more tormentive.. shit is definitely weird these days.

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

OBAMA

lmao

Man I had to read that story again.
That's absolutely crazy. But what's unique is how you guys were able to just turn that switch off with the nonsense and leave it where it happened, and you're able to carry on and move forward with a few cocktails.
It's interesting because 99% of all confrontations I got into physically I always felt awful about him afterwards.
I believe I told you the instance how I choked out my wife's ex-husband.
I warned him for months, I even told my wife to tell him to stand down and knock it off with his rhetoric.
He pushed too far, and I was sick of trying to be the better man with always being passive. I was being passive because he knew not what he did. I put him to sleep late one evening when he pushed all boundaries and buttons. It was terrible, it was in front of everybody, all of the kids and everything.. I always liked the guy, even when he didn't like me, he had a lot of great characteristics that I admired. And I still do. I'm very good friends with one of his best friends, and the topic came up one day. And every time it's ever mentioned I always try to shut the conversation down but I end it with nothing but good things to say about the guy. This is why I hate scuffles, because it's a small world, and on top of that it never really goes away.

CoachCabo

Registered Member
Reaction score
The problem now with fighting is either no one does fight and always pulls a gun like a total pussy or if you do get in a fight, with the proliferation of MMA, it is likely you will end up getting pretty fucked up if you are one of those “I don’t know bro, I just get mad, see black and go wild!” That guy will end up needing major reconstructive surgery on his shoulder if he tries his “freestyle” with me. As recently as 3 years ago I was fighting inmates in jail who thought they could get one up on “the new old dude”.
I have decided that if it comes to blows, there is no gentleman left in me. I prefer to walk away if I can but I won’t take shit.
Two things that make me go from zero to hero in a flash are condescension and fucking with my food. The latter of which I recently made myself look like an asshole at a hostel in San Diego when someone took my egg whites out of the fridge and left them on the counter all day. I lost it and was embarrassed afterwards. Luckily an Italian bodybuilder was staying there and said “You canna take-a as many-a of my uh eggs-a you-a wanna to.”

Jbswole40

Registered Member
Reaction score
The problem now with fighting is either no one does fight and always pulls a gun like a total pussy or if you do get in a fight, with the proliferation of MMA, it is likely you will end up getting pretty fucked up if you are one of those “I don’t know bro, I just get mad, see black and go wild!” That guy will end up needing major reconstructive surgery on his shoulder if he tries his “freestyle” with me. As recently as 3 years ago I was fighting inmates in jail who thought they could get one up on “the new old dude”.
I have decided that if it comes to blows, there is no gentleman left in me. I prefer to walk away if I can but I won’t take shit.
Two things that make me go from zero to hero in a flash are condescension and fucking with my food. The latter of which I recently made myself look like an asshole at a hostel in San Diego when someone took my egg whites out of the fridge and left them on the counter all day. I lost it and was embarrassed afterwards. Luckily an Italian bodybuilder was staying there and said “You canna take-a as many-a of my uh eggs-a you-a wanna to.”
Went thru same things 2 years behind bars..lots of fights.& yes I'm with u on messing w my food.some1 ate my breakfast sandwich at work other day ....I lost it was ready to fight.lol .I cooled down.it was a female that ate it and we had more.i get hangry 😆, and on another note yeah dude was mouthing off at gas station some we got into it,he pulled gun..like the scared man he is.u just never know these days,well I can say anger management is something else.guess it's not helping much,I just have a low tolerance for ignorance.

Wiseguy

Registered Member
Reaction score
True story. 1996 I was terminating and employee for his temper. The company that I worked for always required a manager and HR during termination. The employee had an idea we were terminating him when he walked into my office and saw HR. As I started reading his write up he became very agitated and started raising his voice. I continued but realized he was leaning forward in the chair and was about to do something. Sure thing he went to back if his pants and that’s when I lunged over the desk and tackled him. He had a 9mm getting ready to pull it out. Fortunately I over powered him and took the weapon away. Police was called, arrested and released because he never actually pulled the gun out. He got charged for concealed weapon and I don’t think he did any time.
Anyway could have turned very ugly.

Augustine5I

Carpet-Chewer
Registered Member
Reaction score

I want more details on the ass beat downs you got.

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
True story. 1996 I was terminating and employee for his temper. The company that I worked for always required a manager and HR during termination. The employee had an idea we were terminating him when he walked into my office and saw HR. As I started reading his write up he became very agitated and started raising his voice. I continued but realized he was leaning forward in the chair and was about to do something. Sure thing he went to back if his pants and that’s when I lunged over the desk and tackled him. He had a 9mm getting ready to pull it out. Fortunately I over powered him and took the weapon away. Police was called, arrested and released because he never actually pulled the gun out. He got charged for concealed weapon and I don’t think he did any time.
Anyway could have turned very ugly.
That is terrifying, what was your policy at work with conceal and carrying? Was he legally permitted to carry it?
Dude, that was potentially nanoseconds from being lights out, shit gets ugly fast when rounds start flying.