• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Well this sucks…

VoodooMessiah

Registered Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me.. benching, felt tearing severe pain in pec, racked weight ran to freezer and got ice.. I was sure I tore it,...pain got worse next day but then leveled off no bruising...good news was just a bad strain...withing a week I was able to train everything else except shoulders .....bad news was I couldn't to anything chest or shoulder related for around 4 months.....as an FYI about 6 months later was benching again and felt very minor twinge in delt,. Skipped rest of workout...pain kept for a couple weeks got it checked complete rotator cuff tear

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So the doctor poked around. She doesn’t think it’s tear. She thinks there would be more pain, more discomfort, more evidence in general if it were a tear. She thinks it’s just a strain of some sort. Waiting on insurance fo approve an MRI, and hopefully getting one this week.

Very smart sir. Truly hoping for the best for you!

ghazni

Registered Member
Reaction score
Orthopedic surgeon or family doc said that?
Demand ortho referral if was pcp