• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Vials and Crimpers

MagicElevator

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Does the standard test cyp 200 mg per ml have a 20 mm cap?

Looking at Kebby's they have crimper compatible with flip off and not. So that means if u want a vial with flip off (makes u feel extra secure and more sterile assuming properly sterilized, I guess) u need to have one compatible with that?

It looks like some have an adjustment screw while others don't. And some have a little latch where u latch the handles together. What's the latter for?

CoachCabo

Registered Member
Reaction score
You don’t sterilize the seals, only the stoppers. Yes, 20mm is the common size. Flip tops just look better because people hate tear offs. Superior flip tops are…well, superior. No hanging metal bits.

The cheapest of crimpers can be adjusted to work well enough.

Kwashiorkor

Reaction score
Some of the cappers come apart so you can clean and sterilize them also. You can then choose to sterilize the stopper, seals, and vials.

Then you fill and cap in a laminar flow hood in a clean room.

Custom production pharma compounding is done this way. It was a prior career of mine.

If you don’t have a purpose designed pressurized clean room with a laminar flow hood for compounding, then sterilization of the capper doesn’t make any sense.

Most of the screw adjustable cappers are to accommodate for flip off vs tear off. They both have there place, but flip off makes more sense the far majority of the time.

20mm is the common size. 13mm exist also. Just make sure everything you have matches.

I think silicone stoppers are worth the extra expense.