• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

VA disability

Bando

Registered Member
Reaction score
You might change your position on this when you realize the total disregard for our health put on some of us all the time. I joined in 1983. We fought fires made with wood and fuel with no respiratory apparatus. My first duty was repairing submarines. All of the documentation of exposure to asbestos and ionizing radiation just disappeared from my medical records since I separated.
The amount of exposure to small arms fire to big demo shots certainly has had it’s toll on me. Maybe not obvious yet but it will come.
In Kuwait and Iraq we were exposed to 100x the MPE of particulates and those letters and numbers are also now absent from my records.
Someone is trying to fuck not only me, but everyone I served with.

I fucked my knee on camp, was operated on by a Navy surgeon at and Army camp. The VA denied service connection. WTF?!? It took three years fighting something totally obvious.

Sure there are plenty of cunts trying to scam, but even those who might not exhibit symptoms now could be fucked it the future.

My dearest friend has the attitude that he would be scamming by putting in a claim. He was a DevGru (SEAL Team 6) operator for half his career. He is physically a wreck and no doubt 100% but because he is flush with a GS-15 guvment job, he thinks he doesn’t deserve it.
Yeah it’s kinda a personal thing for some. If in doubt, I say apply. I’m only bothered by the ones that know better but still take advantage. The ones totally healthy with no real issues tied to service time.

I loathe the mentality that someone owes you something. It’s the same spirit that has this country on the brink of extinction. And the same spirit that has eroded the fabric of society. It’s the opposite of personal accountability.

I hope and believe we are talking about 2 very distinctly different groups.

j2048b

Registered Member
Reaction score
You might change your position on this when you realize the total disregard for our health put on some of us all the time. I joined in 1983. We fought fires made with wood and fuel with no respiratory apparatus. My first duty was repairing submarines. All of the documentation of exposure to asbestos and ionizing radiation just disappeared from my medical records since I separated.
The amount of exposure to small arms fire to big demo shots certainly has had it’s toll on me. Maybe not obvious yet but it will come.
In Kuwait and Iraq we were exposed to 100x the MPE of particulates and those letters and numbers are also now absent from my records.
Someone is trying to fuck not only me, but everyone I served with.

I fucked my knee on camp, was operated on by a Navy surgeon at and Army camp. The VA denied service connection. WTF?!? It took three years fighting something totally obvious.

Sure there are plenty of cunts trying to scam, but even those who might not exhibit symptoms now could be fucked it the future.

My dearest friend has the attitude that he would be scamming by putting in a claim. He was a DevGru (SEAL Team 6) operator for half his career. He is physically a wreck and no doubt 100% but because he is flush with a GS-15 guvment job, he thinks he doesn’t deserve it.

Yeup they dont care about u, ur just a number…..

Shieet doesnt matter what ur new job is get what u can before its too late

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heckler7

IM>ASF
Registered Member
Reaction score
22 vets kill themselves everyday because they feel they have no choice and “Don’t deserve” treatment
I moved a disabled vet last week he could barely walk and was whimpering in pain it was extremely hard to listen to, I told my wife if I'm ever like that I'm going put one in my head and end it, I'm surprised this dude hasnt already he should be in a nusring home and I said that to his case worker and shes like ya we know, they are working on it. red tape

Boykinben82

Registered Member
Reaction score
I moved a disabled vet last week he could barely walk and was whimpering in pain it was extremely hard to listen to, I told my wife if I'm ever like that I'm going put one in my head and end it, I'm surprised this dude hasnt already he should be in a nusring home and I said that to his case worker and shes like ya we know, they are working on it. red tape
Thats so fucked up. It’s sad that the ones who reach out can’t get help. The ones who should be asking for help don’t! Then we have people kill themselves everyday. I’ve lost a few friends from suicide after we came back from Fallujah. It took me 8 years to get 100 percent and I was almost one of the 22 because I was too proud to admit I need help. I ended up in inpatient treatment for suicidal ideations so now I try and help every vet I can regardless if I know them or not. I’ve helped maybe 6 or so get 100 percent over the last few years.

SiliconeSack

Registered Member
Reaction score
It has taken me almost 20 years to get my head out of my ass and file a claim. Im three months into the process. I should have filed years ago but was to prideful. Im not sure what ill get but i claimed asthma, tinnitus, knee and back issues, ptsd and testicular cancer X2. Hoping for a good results.

Boykinben82

Registered Member
Reaction score
It has taken me almost 20 years to get my head out of my ass and file a claim. Im three months into the process. I should have filed years ago but was to prideful. Im not sure what ill get but i claimed asthma, tinnitus, knee and back issues, ptsd and testicular cancer X2. Hoping for a good results.

I really hope they take care of you man

ordawg1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lost a kidney in the late 60s -luckily it did not disable me -I have done well , but others have not -almost 71 and just lucky to be here !!

j2048b

Registered Member
Reaction score

Look up the 38 CFR, that is the va’s bible

Go to a good person who can get u knee and back issues related and test cancer related to burn pits if u were around them…. I have buddies who have 100% t&p based off ptsd and and a few others….

Pride is what usually kills us…. Arrogance and pride go hand in hand in most cases….

I tell everyone to not wait, get what u can because they dont want to give u shit….

Augustine5I

Carpet-Chewer
Registered Member
Reaction score
Thats so fucked up. It’s sad that the ones who reach out can’t get help. The ones who should be asking for help don’t! Then we have people kill themselves everyday. I’ve lost a few friends from suicide after we came back from Fallujah. It took me 8 years to get 100 percent and I was almost one of the 22 because I was too proud to admit I need help. I ended up in inpatient treatment for suicidal ideations so now I try and help every vet I can regardless if I know them or not. I’ve helped maybe 6 or so get 100 percent over the last few years.

I am 52.

Got out in 1991.

Only thing that I have a real hard time with is hearing loss.

Idk if it’s related to my service or not? Or just age.

I remember one time I was firing on the range with a .45 pistol.

Forgot to put ear plugs in. I had ringing in my ears for 2 days.

Boykinben82

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I am 52.

Got out in 1991.

Only thing that I have a real hard time with is hearing loss.

Idk if it’s related to my service or not? Or just age.

I remember one time I was firing on the range with a .45 pistol.

Forgot to put ear plugs in. I had ringing in my ears for 2 days.
You would be surprised bro. Go get a physical from the VA and you would be surprised what you have blamed on other stuff that could be service related. I forgot my ear plugs firing a rocket in Iraq. You never forget that feeling… Ever haha

Riles

Registered Member
Reaction score
It took me ten years to get my rating and VA pulled some loop hole bullshit and only back paid me 16-18 months, the VA facility that is local to me is pretty poorly run for the most part, it’s been a total and complete pain in the ass, the care is marginal most of the time and I have fallen through the cracks more times than I can count, I had an infection once, they were concerned that was mursa so I had blood work that they said would take 3 days to get the results back, on the third day nobody in the facility could find any blood work or results, on the 6th day still no idea about my results, 9 days, same thing, 12 days, same thing, good god damn thing it wasn’t mursa! or the time I ruptured my long head biceps tendon, they described exactly how the procedure is done then told me that it’s “cosmetic” not structural and they wouldn’t fix it, I argued with them long enough that they sent me to San Francisco to see the Main VA orthopedic surgeon, it took almost 60 days to get in under emergency status and the surgeon told me that there is only a 30 day window to repair before your body does enough damage to the ruptured tendon that it can’t be done at all, I have buddies in other states that are happy as can be with their care through VA, it’s a total crap shoot when VA is involved,

they also rated me on issues that where secondary concerns for me and ignored the main reason for my application, I have tried many times to get them to look into my main concerns but not a single person I have talked to, including our patient rep, and have been blown off forever, VA recently extended the time period to file and my local VSO says that it doesn’t apply to me, I don’t understand since my issue is perfectly within the proper date range, the best care I have received was when they can’t fit you in in less than 60 days they send you to see a civilian Dr, I have been pretty happy all the way around when being transferred to the private sector, good luck everyone

Kansan

Registered Member
Reaction score
Glad to see there’s like minded individuals to myself here. That’s one of the reasons I just joined the forum.

I go back on forth on claiming (when the time comes). I think the hesitation a lot of people have with claiming has to do with the personality that joins in the first place. Hell I know guys who never claimed because they feel like they didn’t do enough to earn it during their stint.

After years of AD and involvement with health care, I’m starting to come around to the idea that most should claim it. I’d rather deal with one shitbag that got disability from hurting himself while jumping a fence to escape the first day of boot camp than hear about or struggle to help good vets that further jacked up their health by waiting to claim or not claiming at all.

Oldschool

Registered Member
Reaction score
A few guys at work have told me about this. I’m curious what it takes to get a 90-100% disability…
I have a 40% hearing loss and tinnitus from working on active runways, oh yeah and the ED thing, allegedly 🤣
Your ED thing has been verified... at least that's what I read on twitter...

Kwise1

Registered Member
Reaction score
I’m at 80%, did 23 years in the Air Force