• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Upper endoscopy. Stressed!!!!!

Bigbadwolf04

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So been having burning pain under my right pec, side and back for 5 months now. Had ultra sound, ct, hida scan all came back good. Happens usually after eating along with burping.

Dr prescribed me omeprazole 40mgs which I took for 3 days and all my burning went away. Had to come off it though cause it made me really nauseous.

Going for an upper endoscopy this week and am terrified. Obviously on gear. Bps been high been trying to moderate it. Also been getting heart palpitations frequently. A lot is due to stress but still letting my Dr know and possibly seeing cardiologist.

However I'm stressed I'm going to have a heart attack once under the anesthesia. Should I cancel the appointment and just hop back on the meds and hope it goes away?

TheOldJJdigs

SB Labs
Board Rep
Reaction score
You’re concerned you may have a heart attack but you want to cancel your doctors appointments? I’m sorry but that sounds like a knee-jerk reaction…. that’s just my opinion.

All I’m saying is if it were me and I was having the issues you described I would keep going to any doctors appointment and getting a referral to a cardiologist ASAP. It’s just not something to mess around with. I can understand your mindset of wanting others to assure you you may be overreacting and wanting things to be back to normal… and I’ll say you’re probably right when you say it’s stress related. However don’t take the chance and keep your appointments brother.

Stick around… it’s nice here on earth 😁

samgraves82

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
So been having burning pain under my right pec, side and back for 5 months now. Had ultra sound, ct, hida scan all came back good. Happens usually after eating along with burping.

Dr prescribed me omeprazole 40mgs which I took for 3 days and all my burning went away. Had to come off it though cause it made me really nauseous.

Going for an upper endoscopy this week and am terrified. Obviously on gear. Bps been high been trying to moderate it. Also been getting heart palpitations frequently. A lot is due to stress but still letting my Dr know and possibly seeing cardiologist.

However I'm stressed I'm going to have a heart attack once under the anesthesia. Should I cancel the appointment and just hop back on the meds and hope it goes away?
I just had one done and colonoscopy at same time. It's not a big deal man. You'll be fine. I was mid cycle when I did mine

Wiseguy

Registered Member
Reaction score
No you should not ignore it. That is the worst thing you can do. Most likely nothing, but get it checked out.

CoachCabo

Registered Member
Reaction score
Well, if you do have a heart attack, a hospital is a good place to have one.

Rot-Iron66

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get it done, you'll be fine... Acid/GERD issue most likely. You get to my age (mid 50's) you start looking FWD to these things. (Just to make sure all is OK)..

Jackz

Registered Member
Reaction score

I get upper GI's all the time. No big deal. Knock me out with Valium in an IV. Best 10 seconds ever going under.

heavyhitter

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score

You’re not fully under anesthesia. You’re in twilight. You’ll be fine. Have you been checked for sleep apnea? Huge contributor to elevated heart rate and bp

MonsterMaker

Registered Member
Reaction score
Ya doctor visits and tests are stressful but dying kinda sucks, or so I’ve heard. I would get your shit figured out man. Chest pain can be very serious, hence why your doctor is looking into it. Maybe time to cruise for a few weeks till you sort it out? Your decision.

For the record endoscopies aren’t bad. I have to get one with a colonoscopy every couple years to keep an eye on my polyps, which have the potential to be cancerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MonsterMaker

Registered Member
Reaction score
I personally like the anesthesia

That milk colored stuff hits ya hard for a few seconds before you go nighty night… closest thing you’re gonna get to an IV opiate rush…

Bolan

Registered Member
Reaction score
Stressing is just going to make it worse....
Upper Endos are tit... My Ex use to have one done before every teeth cleaning because of calcification of the Vessels of the heart.

XOTG85

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
I've had two this year... I ended up finding out I have ulcerative colitis and Crohn's. I haven't had any real problems yet but I'm definitely avoiding certain foods.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk