• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Unsponsored Gear Pro Lean Bulk

Wacker

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
To help myself with tracking my progress I decided to run a log of my lean bulk. I will be only using Gear Pro for this blast I have heard nothing but great stuff about his product and my experience with him to date has been outstanding, I can be a bit of a hoarder and will often mix vendors but only after running one clean cycle of the vendor. This log completely unsponsored it is not a promotion I will discuss the good and bad only as it relates to me and my experience.
Ok I little about me I am 51, 5'10", 187lbs per my weigh in this morning. I did not start using gear until I was in my mid-thirties and only used test until I was 40. I have never come off, so I do not use and PCT protocols I just blast and cruise. I get my blood work done thru my Doc and make sure he monitors everything while I am cruising. My current goal weight is a lean 195, which would be the biggest I have been or want to be (for now). I did a over 40’s show in 2015 and learned a lot about myself and what works and doesn’t work but I have always been more interested in being lean than being big.
My first pin was on 10/1 running, EQ, TEST400, Mast and Deca no orals for now may add in some var down the road.

Thank you Wacker. Keep us posted on your progress and if you need anything don’t hesitate to ask.

Cycle for now is below, may lower or raise the different compounds based on how my body is reacting. AS stated in my first post my first pin was on 10/1/22 I front loaded the first 3 pins and doubled the doses since they are long esters. The T400 has a little bit which I expected but after the first week I was waking up like a teenager again...lol

Pinning Monday/Wednesday/Friday
T400- 600MGs/Week
Deca- 450Mgs/Week
EQ- 600mgs/Week
Mast- 200mgs/Week

Typical split for me is below, off days may change based on family commitments but always hit 1-5 in a 7-day period.
1. Chest
2. Back.
Off Day
3. Shoulders
4. Arms.
5. Legs
Off Day

Macro's to start will be based on starting with around 2770 cals: Protein 45%- Carbs 40% - Fat 15% or 310 grams Protein/277 Grams Carbs/46 grams fat. This ratio has worked well for me the past, I will adjust every two weeks as needed once I see how I am responding but this is the general starting plan.

I just got my blood work back and everything looks good but my hdl is really low so I think I may have to adjust my healthy fats open to suggestions here.

Going to start logging my workouts tonight, going to start off with chest. I have been working on a 5x5 for the last two months and was able to increase by 17lbs, last week I failed on the 5th set 3 reps in and my joints are a little sore so I'm going to switch over to higher reps for 2-3 weeks then start heavy again. As far as the gear, my appetite is really starting to increase. I have tried EQ for this before and never noticed any increases but for some reason this time I feel like I eat my meal and am immediately want something else to snack on. Going to get my current weight in the AM will update with the workout then.

Attached are two photos one of me pre-covid before the gyms shut down and one of me this week working my way back. I was 185 in the first photo. Hoping to get back to photo one with more lean mass.

Attachments

• IMG_0339.jpeg
    IMG_0339.jpeg
    516.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5957.jpeg
    IMG_5957.jpeg
    704.1 KB · Views: 23
Weight this morning 188.5, going to start eating more!
Hit chest last night was a lighter weight higher rep workout 4 sets each 10-15 reps.

Incline Bench
Seated Chest Press
Peck Deck
HS Lower Pec Press Machine
Pull Overs

Tuesday Back Night-
Pulldowns-Front and Back 6 sets
Close Grip Pull Downs 4x10
Seated Row Wide Grip 2x12, 2x10
High Seated Rows 10x4
Pull Over Cable 5x15
Reverse Pec Deck 4x12
Shrugs 4x10

Wednesday is a rest night, hunger was high.

Yogurt and granola to start day
Eggs and Ham
Chicken and Rice
Yogurt and Granola
Pork Chops and Potatoes
Special K and Protein
Almond Butter and Jam-Whole Grain Bread
Fruit
Chicken Breast

Bed

Last night was shoulders, had a great workout despite some shoulder pain I have been pushing through. Thinking it's time for a cortisone shot.

5x10 BB Press
5x12 High Cable Crosses for rear delt
5x12 Bent Over Cross for upper rear delt
5x12 Leaning side Raises
5x10 Front Cable Raise with rope through legs
4x10 Cable Pull Up Rows
4x10 Rear Pec Dec
4x10 front pec deck seat low to provide more focus on front delts

Sauna 20 min

Sorry I haven't had much time to update since Friday.

Saturday was leg day, I got there a little later than I like, and it was packed with the weekend warriors. Was still able to get a good work out in and wabbled around the rest of the weekend.

Sunday was just cardio and sauna day with some needed R-n-R with lots of food. The gear really feels like it's kicking in now, the test hit quick now I can start to see the difference from the EQ and Deca as well as the Mast I picked up two weeks ago. The good thing is I have not started holding water which I think has a lot to do with my diet and keeping everything else in check.

My doctor also told me I need to start doing cardio 4-5 times a week, so I added the tread mill in 20 mins after my workouts. Not really beneficial to gaining weight but he said he highly recommends while I am on gear for the heart. At 51 I would rather gain a little less and live longer lol...have increased my food to try and make up the cal's.

Monday was chest and I just had a great work out despite some shoulder pain still hanging around might be time for a cortisone shot.

Started with flat bench was able to finish the 5th set with 225 for 8 then pyramided down for a total of 8 sets the last 2 to failure. I know most of you warm up with that but that is a good set for me I have never tried to lift heavy until recently.
The rest of the workout was:
cable flys high to low 4x12 then low to high 4x12.
Incline DD 3x10
Decline hammer 4 x 10
cable pull downs 4x12

Cardio
Sauna (relieves mental stress for me)

Work has been a little crazy but here is an update:

Tuesday was back night:
Wide grip pulldowns 3x8 front, 3x8 back
Tbar rows 4x8
Seated Wide grip rows 3x10
DB rows 4x10
Close grip pull downs 4x8

20 mins cardio
Sauna

Wednesday was my off day just went and did 30mins cardio and 15mins sauna

So far, I really like results of the pin schedule and doses I am using no pip and easy to follow. Going on vacation in two weeks for a week thinking of starting the var now to harden up a little.

Shoulders last night:

Seated BB Presses-
3x10 @ 135, 3x8 @ 155
Reverse Pec Deck
4x12@120
Side Raises Cable
4x10 @ 40
Front Raises DB
4x10 @ 25
Upright Rows
4x8 @ 70
Shrugs
3x10

I have to sit down this weekend and readjust my calories up feel like I am not getting enough. I eat every 2 hours, but something is off, I even added a PP&J post workout.

Catching up from the weekend, Friday I hit arms and Saturday was legs.

Last night was chest still making good gains in strength after warm up was able to get 225x8, 225x7, and 225x6. I am on vacation next week when I get back I am going to start another 5x5 series to see how far I can push this.
Followed by:
Seated presses 180x8x3
Incline BB 185x10x4
Pec Deck 120x12x4
Pull overs 80x12x4

The test and the mast combined is not only keeping deca dick away it has me ready to go all the time. The wife is very happy...lol...happy wife happy life.

Back