• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Time To Get Serious - 58Ddriver’s Log

58Ddriver

Registered Member
Reaction score
It took me a few weeks to adjust and still go back and forth at times. Just stay the course. If you fail a day then chalk it up to a day lost and win again tomorrow

Yes, sir! I won't fail a day...that's too easy a fight to win. No matter what, the food is going down. If he's going to take the time to coach me, I'm going to make sure I'm not wasting that time...

58Ddriver

Registered Member
Reaction score
Lower Load/Upper Pump

Weight: 193.0 lbs

Felt really good today. My wife let me sleep in until a little after 7:00, and I am eternally grateful. Love that woman…Got my first meal down and headed to town to get my workout in.

Continuing to add weight to just about everything as I get more comfortable and confident with my form and recovery. Still being super conservative on all deadlift variations, and the Stiff Leg DL today was no exception. With my spinal issues, I’m going to ensure legit baby steps as we work our way up. If I’m going to hurt myself, that’s most likely where it’ll be, so I’m just focused on knocking the rust off before I really start pushing those.

Subbed out hanging leg raises for some DB Russian Twist Presses, since my groin still has a hint of discomfort from when I tweaked it. Hopefully another week of rest on the lower abs will resolve that.

Rest day tomorrow with some cardio. Then into 2 days of muscle rounds. I’ll check in later. Y’all be safe…

Attachments

• 12FD64E0-4A16-4601-90AE-DDE78488FCD0.jpeg
    12FD64E0-4A16-4601-90AE-DDE78488FCD0.jpeg
    888.8 KB · Views: 21

58Ddriver

Registered Member
Reaction score
Rest day today, so not much to report. One less meal on rest days, so the food went down easy. Weight was at 194.2 fresh out of bed, so it’s still trending up. Now that school is out for a month, I’m gonna have to find a way to stay just as active since I’m not walking around campus 5 days a week.

Upper muscle rounds tomorrow, so I’m looking forward to another good session. I’ll check in tomorrow with a log…

58Ddriver

Registered Member
Reaction score
Upper Muscle Rounds

Weight: 192.8

Damn, that was a workout today! Added weight on the first few exercises today, and it took a toll. By the time I made it to the shoulder press, I was GASSED. Had nothing left in the tank. No worries, just had to keep dropping the weight to keep the reps coming. I didn't feel bad at all. Actually felt strong today...I just pushed/pulled until I had nothing left.

Lower muscle rounds tomorrow, so getting the food down and gonna try to get a good night's sleep. More to follow after tomorrow. Y'all be safe...

Attachments

• IMG_3199.jpg
    IMG_3199.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16

58Ddriver

Registered Member
Reaction score
Lower Muscle Rounds

Weight: 193.4 lbs

Had a good night’s rest and sent my weekly check-in to Monte first thing this morning. Weight is up a little bit, just over half a pound for the week. That said, it fluctuates a good bit from day to day. Still trending upwards…

Lower muscle rounds did what it always does…left me in a puddle by the end. The pumps get pretty brutal towards the end of the cluster set. Still moving in the right direction. Added weight and reps on just about everything. That hammer strength preacher finished me good and proper.

Should hear from the boss man later on today and find out what’s in store for the next week. Gotta say, as a guy who knew just enough to probably get himself hurt, linking up with a coach was probably the best decision I could’ve made. Just having that safety net and a sense of accountability has sent motivation through the roof. Even though I’ve never met the guy, I don’t want to let him down. For anyone on the fence about it…getting a coach is the best investment I’ve made on this journey.

Attachments

• 17802701-C9AE-4DF4-8A03-817F66E0B55F.jpeg
    17802701-C9AE-4DF4-8A03-817F66E0B55F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lower Muscle Rounds

Weight: 193.4 lbs

Had a good night’s rest and sent my weekly check-in to Monte first thing this morning. Weight is up a little bit, just over half a pound for the week. That said, it fluctuates a good bit from day to day. Still trending upwards…

Lower muscle rounds did what it always does…left me in a puddle by the end. The pumps get pretty brutal towards the end of the cluster set. Still moving in the right direction. Added weight and reps on just about everything. That hammer strength preacher finished me good and proper.

Should hear from the boss man later on today and find out what’s in store for the next week. Gotta say, as a guy who knew just enough to probably get himself hurt, linking up with a coach was probably the best decision I could’ve made. Just having that safety net and a sense of accountability has sent motivation through the roof. Even though I’ve never met the guy, I don’t want to let him down. For anyone on the fence about it…getting a coach is the best investment I’ve made on this journey.
Glad you're happy with the programming so far.

You're giving me a lot of great feedback in your check ins which is a giant part of making the most of your money spent. Also, the "ok, I'll get it done" attitude, complete trust in the process and being perfect every day is what sets apart the guys who make incredible transformations and those who don't.

I don't have any magic method, secret drug protocol, secret diet or training methods. No coach does. It all comes down to communication, work ethic and going off what your body tells us we need to do.

Fantastic job.

zionoir626

Registered Member
Reaction score
Glad you're happy with the programming so far.

You're giving me a lot of great feedback in your check ins which is a giant part of making the most of your money spent. Also, the "ok, I'll get it done" attitude, complete trust in the process and being perfect every day is what sets apart the guys who make incredible transformations and those who don't.

I don't have any magic method, secret drug protocol, secret diet or training methods. No coach does. It all comes down to communication, work ethic and going off what your body tells us we need to do.

Fantastic job.

Great Job...Mont.
Props...
Z...

58Ddriver

Registered Member
Reaction score
Upper Load/Lower Pump (B)

Weight: 193.8

Checked in with Monte over the weekend and we’re keeping things as they are for another week to see how I respond. I’m good with that because I’m just starting to (semi)comfortably get the increased food down. I’ve gotten every bite down in the last week, but the first few days were rough.

Yesterday was a rest day. Did my cardio around the neighborhood and even jogged a bit. Haven’t got the slightest idea why I did…won’t be doing it again soon. I remember now why I haven’t run since I retired.

Gym was good today. Still adding weight and reps. Adding it slower on some exercises than others just to be safe. Tempo is still the name of the game. Rest day tomorrow before we’re back at it on Wednesday. More to follow…

Attachments

• 3541D545-AB44-4C41-9A39-09F30BAD4708.jpeg
    3541D545-AB44-4C41-9A39-09F30BAD4708.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9

58Ddriver

Registered Member
Reaction score
Lower Load/Upper Pump

Good rest day yesterday. Monte was right…I’m starting to get hungry again on the increased calories. Not like I’m starving or anything, but I’m definitely ready to eat by my mealtimes. He recommended True Nutrition EAA++ for my intra-workout. Got to try that for the first time today, and it’s actually delicious. Surprisingly good…

Another good day in the gym, by my standards. Still adding weight and/or reps almost everywhere. Smith Machine was tied up until the very end of my workout, so had to sub in High Close Leg Press in the place of Smith Close Stance Squat. Made it work…

Just gonna keep doing what I’m told and trusting in the process. I’m having fun and feeling good, so that’s what matters…

Attachments

• 4A503F53-4842-40BD-B65A-0B3FF56BA27B.jpeg
    4A503F53-4842-40BD-B65A-0B3FF56BA27B.jpeg
    1,013.8 KB · Views: 9

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
58Ddriver;1941760 said:
So, I know I’m not the only guy with average genetics who is in average shape on here who is ready for change. There’s quite a few logs on the forum that have motivated the fuck out of me to get off my ass and either shit or get off the pot. I just didn’t want to wait until I had achieved my goals to start holding myself accountable. And, maybe, there’s another dude on here who just needs a shove in the right direction to do the same.

I retired from the military a couple of years ago, and like a lot of us do, let myself go to shit. About 9 months ago I was 215 lbs and at least 30% body fat. It took me being disgusted with what I’d become to get me going. I started slow…started tracking my food and working out in the home gym. Since then I’m down about 25 pounds and 5 inches off my waist. Slowly but surely…

Along the way, I ended up on TRT, progress really picked up and I got to where I needed to decide how serious to get. Fuck it, I felt great…we’re going all in.

I realized I could keep shelling out money on the cookie-cutter programs that I was using or admit that there are guys with decades more experience that can point me in the RIGHT direction. After stalking the forums for a while, I sent Montego1 a message. After chatting with him, I committed to 6 months of coaching. Yep, I’m a noob who hired a coach. Why? Because while he can’t do the work for me, I have no doubt that he’ll tell me to pull my head out of my ass and I’ll make progress exponentially faster than I would fumbling around in the dark.

So, we’re now into our second week on his program. Dude has me eating more food than I thought was humanly possible. First few days were rough, but I’ve adjusted pretty well. I found a good local gym because the home gym just wasn’t going to cut it anymore. I’ve been sore, but it’s a good sore. He’s started me off slowly, focusing on form and leaving the ego at home.

Current cycle is super basic:

Weeks 1-8: Anavar- 50mg/day
Weeks 1-12: Test C- 525 mg/week

Goals: Continue to get leaner and see where my body is willing to go with regards to musculature.

More to follow as I continue, but I just wanted to get this started for accountability. We all start somewhere, and this is it for me. Just a dude who said “fuck it, the dad-bod ain’t gonna cut it…”

Pics are from this weekend’s check-in
Wanted to updated drivers status. He's got a Christmas tree. 8lbs down in the pics I'm posting here compared to those starting pics at the beginning of the log.

He's lost a good bit of fat and added muscle, especially in the legs. Executing daily and never complaining! Oh, very very minimal AAS with zero fat burners.
b4dae5c2b60cd4d12909968186b3518c.jpg
ef91f27e86f1e4c8b073b2da4e25ff74.jpg

can1

Registered Member
Reaction score
Montego1;1977061 said:
Wanted to updated drivers status. He's got a Christmas tree. 8lbs down in the pics I'm posting here compared to those starting pics at the beginning of the log.

He's lost a good bit of fat and added muscle, especially in the legs. Executing daily and never complaining! Oh, very very minimal AAS with zero fat burners.
b4dae5c2b60cd4d12909968186b3518c.jpg
ef91f27e86f1e4c8b073b2da4e25ff74.jpg
like the tatoos..........

HFO3

NO LIMITS.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice job adding some lbm and get lying rid of your fat