• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Test and deca effecting kidneys?

Soundcubed

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I am on 750mg of test a week and 350mg of deca a week as well. Will either of these effect my kidneys?

Bolan

Registered Member
Reaction score
Keep your BP in check and you shouldn't have issues...Just drink like a bodybuilder. 1.5-2 gals a day.

zionoir626

Registered Member
Reaction score
Fav cycle Test/Deca never a problem in 25+ yrs..but everyone is different..
Z

Glycomann

Registered Member
Reaction score
Oh no... I was trained by the government system. I can't think critically. I can't fatham that Eddie Giuliani lived to 87 doing deca and dainabol for decades. I am doomed to kidney fail.

Ghost Dog

Registered Member
Reaction score
Right, it has more to do with your kidneys than the gear. You should have a blood test for your GFR. The kidneys are the most sensitive organs in the body. Due to the genetic lottery, damage accumulates in some people more than others. The two main causes of kidney disease are diabetes and high blood pressure. I see a lot of guys on here pushing a systolic of 140, which isn't healthy in the long run. I imagine that for most of them the tradeoff is worth it.

NoodleArm

Registered Member
Reaction score
High blood pressure is a primary cause for renal impairment. I would monitor you BP while increasing fluids

Soundcubed

Registered Member
Reaction score
My doctor was worried about my creatinine level it was 1.40 and should be between .60 and 1.35
Does Protein Total or Calcium or Globulin have anything to do with the kidneys?
My blood pressure is high so getting a blood pressure medication for that.

Soundcubed

Registered Member
Reaction score
What are other values are there that show kidney function? And does taking creatine raise your creatinine levels?

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Board Rep
Reaction score
My doctor was worried about my creatinine level it was 1.40 and should be between .60 and 1.35
Does Protein Total or Calcium or Globulin have anything to do with the kidneys?
My blood pressure is high so getting a blood pressure medication for that.
Did they determine a cause for your high blood pressure? Many things can cause it as well as simply unfortunate genetics, but since you specifically mentioned kidney, poorly functioning kidneys can result in high blood pressure.

Soundcubed

Registered Member
Reaction score
Or vice versa right? High blood pressure can effect kidneys right? My blood pressure is probably high because of the test and deca I'm on. What about the creatinine level? Is that going to be a problem?

Soundcubed

Registered Member
Reaction score
Do I need to stop taking creatine because of high creatinine levels? And what does a 1.4 creatinine level mean? Are my kidneys failing?

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Board Rep
Reaction score
Yea dude, stage 4 kidney failure, you're dying

Matt88

Registered Member
Reaction score
Do I need to stop taking creatine because of high creatinine levels? And what does a 1.4 creatinine level mean? Are my kidneys failing?
It's not great but can definitely be fixed. What is your GFR?

What is your BUN? Maybe you're dehydrated. How much water do u drink?

The high blood pressure is tied to your kidneys I bet. I've heard mixed things about creatine and that. I'd drop the creatine for now. You need to be drinking 1 gallon plus of water a day.

What AI are you using? If your estrogen is through the roof it definitely isn't going to have a positive impact on your BP.

Do you do cardio? You need to do some cardio.

Are you obese? What is your weight and height?

Need way more information than I have available.

Soundcubed

Registered Member
Reaction score
What is GFR and BUN? I am taking 20mg of nolvadex everyday. I drink about a gallon a day of water. I do cardio every workout and am 10% bodyfat. 5'10" 192 pounds. Thanks for the replies guys!

Matt88

Registered Member
Reaction score
What is GFR and BUN? I am taking 20mg of nolvadex everyday. I drink about a gallon a day of water. I do cardio every workout and am 10% bodyfat. 5'10" 192 pounds. Thanks for the replies guys!
BUN and GFR are both kidney markers on the same panel as the creatinine which is why I asked bc I figured you would just look at the lab panel and tell me the values.

Soundcubed

Registered Member
Reaction score
My BUN was 14 normal is 6 to 22. My GFR was 61 for non african american and its supposed to be greater than or equal to 60.

NoodleArm

Registered Member
Reaction score
Creatinine is completely unrelated to creatine. Elevated creatinine is due to stress on the kidneys. All of this is most likely the result of elevated blood pressure. I wouldn't worry that much about this, just something to watch over time and try to mitigate. Nothing to be on high alert from. If you start having heart palpitations/blurred vision/bloody nose, then you need to more concerned. Just watch your body and look for increased symptoms

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Sounds like you need to stay a bit more hydrated.. you could have been dehydrated a bit when you tested. were you fasted for the test?
Get some kidney support supps.

This will happen with slightly red lined levels when training. if all of your labs come out good and that was the only red line, so many other factors could contribute, even over training can do this if you aren't getting enough days off/rest days and lack of hydration..

Glycomann

Registered Member
Reaction score
Creatinine is completely unrelated to creatine. Elevated creatinine is due to stress on the kidneys. All of this is most likely the result of elevated blood pressure. I wouldn't worry that much about this, just something to watch over time and try to mitigate. Nothing to be on high alert from. If you start having heart palpitations/blurred vision/bloody nose, then you need to more concerned. Just watch your body and look for increased symptoms
Creatine will metabolize to creatinine and give a false high for it. If the OP is using creatine then he should drop it, let it wash out for 6 weeks and retest.

Ghost Dog

Registered Member
Reaction score
My BUN was 14 normal is 6 to 22. My GFR was 61 for non african american and its supposed to be greater than or equal to 60

Your numbers are fine. Just make sure your blood pressure is well managed. Among BP medications, ACE-inhibitors and ARBs have reno-protective properties.

Creatine will metabolize to creatinine and give a false high for it.

This is true. The false reading is temporary.

Soundcubed

Registered Member
Reaction score
Is Lisinopril an ACE-inhibitor or an ARB?

Glycomann

Registered Member
Reaction score
It's an ACE inhibitor and said to be cardio protective. That's the one I use when I see my BP going up late in a cycle.

Bolan

Registered Member
Reaction score
I also use Lisinopril and Metroponol