• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • GO HERE👉www.musclegelz.com
    20% off Coupon code: arnold20 💪

Tennis elbow (both elbows) discussion

MidWest

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey fellas,

So for going on at least 30 days I have been battling this, started in one elbow and now in both.. to me the pain I am having seems to point to what most commonly is labeled as tennis elbow and I can't even pull cloths out of the washer or grip a damn water bottle in a certain way without cringing.. I have layed off heavy lifting obviously and doing what I can to avoid certain movements at work but only so much I can do..

My gear mix has mast in it and I am wondering if the nature of that compound may be exacerbating the issue at all? Thoughts on that piece?

Beyond that, who all out there has battled this and managed to treat it beyond some surgical measure? Having a quick chat with my doc he obviously wants me to lay off the arm work, regime of anti-immflamatories, and then as next measure look at cortisone and proceed from there etc etc..

Mentally this is kicking my ass... I am still putting in lower body work and getting creative beyond that but this is frustrating to no end and I really don't understand why it has occured all of the sudden especially in both elbows...

I have a read a few articles about winny and light work to strengthen and rehab them... any experiences with this out there?

I love my prop/tren/mast mix right now but if I need to change something up, so be it..

Anyway, thanks in advance for your thoughts

MidWest

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have layed off heavy lifting obviously and doing what I can to avoid certain movements at work but only so much I can do..

The part of your story that stood out to me was that. I think because I had a close friend suffering from Tennis Elbow and he kept thinking it was gear and gym related, and changed everything but still had the pain and realized it was work related.

What do you do at work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The part of your story that stood out to me was that. I think because I had a close friend suffering from Tennis Elbow and he kept thinking it was gear and gym related, and changed everything but still had the pain and realized it was work related.

What do you do at work?

Hey Zepp,

I have no doubt work contributed. I have a few side gigs online (mostly affiliate marketing endeavors) but I also manage lumber/building materials at a local home depot. One of the ways I load plywood on the panel saw is most likely a culprit for sure which I have changed up since this started.

Hey Zepp,

I have no doubt work contributed. I have a few side gigs online (mostly affiliate marketing endeavors) but I also manage lumber/building materials at a local home depot. One of the ways I load plywood on the panel saw is most likely a culprit for sure which I have changed up since this started.

I have weird feeling its from doing awkward lifts at work. Its a long recovery 6-8 weeks. Make sure you take fish oil and glucosamine, they will help. And in the gym stay away from any straight bar movements, especially straight bar curls. Any barbell movements like benching, or straight bar pushdowns will aggravate it. Stick to dumbbells for now, and use the curly bar for curling and triceps.

On top of that any hardening agents like tren and mast wont help. Deca will be your best friend right now.

Hey Zepp,

Yup that's probably your largest contributing factor. For me splitting wood during the winter really made mine worse.

From my experience, stay the hell away from the nsaids, they literally make the problem worse because they're stifling the healing inflammation that you need to deliver growth factors to the injury (GH, IGF-1, IGF-2, MGF, FGF, etc). For me the only thing that actually worked was autologous blood therapy. Basically PRP except using whole blood instead of plasma only. According to studies it works better. So I drew 1cc of veinous blood and injected it right into the point of most pain in my forearm. Got super inflamed and couldn't hardly flex it for a few days, then it gradually got better and it's never came back since.

I've heard dry needling works well for it too, kind of the same concept. Just starts the inflammation/healing process over again and gets the growth factors and nutrients it needs delivered to the area

Yup that's probably your largest contributing factor. For me splitting wood during the winter really made mine worse.

From my experience, stay the hell away from the nsaids, they literally make the problem worse because they're stifling the healing inflammation that you need to deliver growth factors to the injury (GH, IGF-1, IGF-2, MGF, FGF, etc). For me the only thing that actually worked was autologous blood therapy. Basically PRP except using whole blood instead of plasma only. According to studies it works better. So I drew 1cc of veinous blood and injected it right into the point of most pain in my forearm. Got super inflamed and couldn't hardly flex it for a few days, then it gradually got better and it's never came back since.

I've heard dry needling works well for it too, kind of the same concept. Just starts the inflammation/healing process over again and gets the growth factors and nutrients it needs delivered to the area
Thanks Garlic, to be real, I am not sure I have it in me to take those kinds of steps. For now I am going to drop the hardening compounds and probably stock me up on some NPP.

However, by nature of what you are describing with dry needle... wouldn't doing some light and strategic work maybe even with resistance bands to create a bit of trauma and then backing off for a week initiate a similiar repair/healing process? Then rinse and repeat as needed?

Thanks Garlic, to be real, I am not sure I have it in me to take those kinds of steps. For now I am going to drop the hardening compounds and probably stock me up on some NPP.

However, by nature of what you are describing with dry needle... wouldn't doing some light and strategic work maybe even with resistance bands to create a bit of trauma and then backing off for a week initiate a similiar repair/healing process? Then rinse and repeat as needed?

It doesn't unfortunately man. It's something about the direct trauma that really causes the healing process to start over again. I don't think re-injury works the same, as I re-injured mine over and over in a 6+ month span with no resolve.

Nandrolone and low dose GH or even mk-677 will definitely help some. I don't expect most people to go to the extremes I'm willing to lol. I'm honestly afraid to do the needling myself without ultrasound guidance, the blood injection was more generalized so easier, the needling is so precise. I would see if there's anyone in your area that does it and give it a go on one side if it's not too expensive. Wear something supportive of your wrist to keep it from getting pulled on as much as possible too, wearing a brace at night seemed to help mine some.

Hey fellas,

So for going on at least 30 days I have been battling this, started in one elbow and now in both.. to me the pain I am having seems to point to what most commonly is labeled as tennis elbow and I can't even pull cloths out of the washer or grip a damn water bottle in a certain way without cringing.. I have layed off heavy lifting obviously and doing what I can to avoid certain movements at work but only so much I can do..

My gear mix has mast in it and I am wondering if the nature of that compound may be exacerbating the issue at all? Thoughts on that piece?

Beyond that, who all out there has battled this and managed to treat it beyond some surgical measure? Having a quick chat with my doc he obviously wants me to lay off the arm work, regime of anti-immflamatories, and then as next measure look at cortisone and proceed from there etc etc..

Mentally this is kicking my ass... I am still putting in lower body work and getting creative beyond that but this is frustrating to no end and I really don't understand why it has occured all of the sudden especially in both elbows...

I have a read a few articles about winny and light work to strengthen and rehab them... any experiences with this out there?

I love my prop/tren/mast mix right now but if I need to change something up, so be it..

Anyway, thanks in advance for your thoughts

MidWest

Last year mine was so bad I would wake up and have to use my other arm to force open my left arm, it would "hermit crab" right up, and get locked.. I did a VERY aggressive HOT/COLD treatment to it for days and days, any chance I had.. I laughed at the idea when my buddy suggested it, in fact I actually thought I tore something.. I tried everything, even predizone :(
The HOT/COLD repeated CURED it.. of all things...

The first time it was my left arm. Lasted about 1 year. No bicep training for 1 year that sucked bad . Then finally it let up and I had a couple of months of relief and got back into everything heavy slowly but surely. Then out of nowhere my right arm... the positioning was a little bit different and more classic tennis elbow. But didn't quite last a year it was a good half a year. This time it affected me differently and not only could I not train biceps there was a lot of other movements I couldn't do either such as shoulders. I would say side laterals for the worst. It just takes time

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I fucked my elbow up slipping on a rope climb (dropped about 10 feet before I managed to catch myself). It was some bad golfers elbow but my research shows some similar treatments which helped alot (about 30 days heal time vs the 3 or 4 months that seem to be the common recover time).

I did a lot of graston therapy on my biceps, triceps and forearms, especially the extensors.

Also flossed a shit ton with a voodoo band. Basically wrapping tight from mid forearm to above the elbow and doing a lot of extension and flexion work.

I was able to get away with some training but had to really watch and see. I backed off the moment pain started to go up.

IML Gear Cream!
Years ago this happened to me............Left arm 1st but went to the right within weeks...What I found to be the cause was,heavy lifting certain exercizes....ie....barbell curls,wide grip pull-ups,heavy bent-over rows......heavy like 315...With all my PR's came some form of injuries.....That's what I want you to take away from this.!!Cure was time off,,,,not what you wanted,nor I,at the time but that is in the end,what fixed the problem..................working thru it only pissed me off more,and in retro,may have caused some of my issues today...Injuries happen ,stone cold facts of life....sometimes it's just the roll of the dice,sometimes it's the body saying ,,,"stop the stupid shit".....At this point in my life,I don't take the risk I used too...Injury=Wisdom...Hope this shed some light,,,Good luck Brother,,get better soon

I'm sure DHT makes the situation worse. For me Winny is unberable and then if I was doing manual labor on top of my workout, it would be even worse.

I would add to this convo, see if you can get your hands on some ADEQUAN. Some sources may have it, and its commonly sold by Veterinarians. That stuff if magic. I used to work with a girl who taught and raised horses for racing and she introduced it to me and that stuff is liquid gold. It is not approved by the FDA for human use in the US, but it is used in Europe with great reviews.

Another thing you can check out is this:

I have golfers elbow right now. I been out of the gym for two months, on anti inflammatory, and icing. Some mornings I can barely move my arms, it sucks

Best thing for this is fenestration at the lateral epicondyle - it invokes a healing inflammatory response; find a good sports med doc to do this for you. I do it under ultrasound for patients and it is highly effective.

How did any of you guys respond to prednisone?
Urgent Care gave this to me last winner for my elbow, I lasted a whole 2 days then I threw that stuff in the trash..
Apparently it works great for the issue, but there was not a shot in hell I was going 7 days like that.. that stuff is awful!

How did any of you guys respond to prednisone?
Urgent Care gave this to me last winner for my elbow, I lasted a whole 2 days then I threw that stuff in the trash..
Apparently it works great for the issue, but there was not a shot in hell I was going 7 days like that.. that stuff is awful!

I'll let you know in a few days. Doc just started me on it today after naproxen wasn't helping.

PRP. I did it and solved the problem. You can start with prolotherapy if you like, its usually a little cheaper. But I'd go straight to prp if it was me. Game changer

PRP. I did it and solved the problem. You can start with prolotherapy if you like, its usually a little cheaper. But I'd go straight to prp if it was me. Game changer
Yup. That's how I solved mine. Well kind of...lol. I did whole blood injection and did it myself without ultrasound guidance. Worked like a mofo and it's never came back since then. It was pretty inflamed for a few days but once it started going down it just kinda went away and never came back. There's a thread on here about it

I'll let you know in a few days. Doc just started me on it today after naproxen wasn't helping.

To been honest,,it worked great for me the first few runs,but the older I got the worst the sides became....

A lot of people swear by it for this issue, but I personally couldn't last.. I felt like I was crawling out of my skin.
If there was an alternative to that medication, what one would you guys suggest? I'm just thinking ahead because I know this winter I'll probably get another bout..

Back