steak 1 x a day

Zyglamail

Registered
Reaction score
I never understood this theory as well, there's nothing to support it but just some well worded articles that float around the internet with no actual studies to support it.. Just a lot of theories and myths that look pretty good on paper..... just eat the whole fucking egg and call it a day!

If you're so worried about cholesterol just eat a bowl of Cheerios afterwards it will save your fucking life...lol:roflmao:

Consumed cholesterol has virtually no bearing on blood cholesterol, somewhere along the line the medical community simply made a bad association. With that in mind the yolk simply has a large fat content and in turn extra calories where as the white is largely protein. I think most people realize the decision to not eat, or eat fewer yolks is more about macro contents and calories than cholesterol.

TrainInsane89

Board Rep
Reaction score
Steak is a great meal choice, i wish i could afford to eat it more then once a day. Oz per Oz it has more protein then most other meats. Typcially I eat it once a day after my post workout shake. Its also great to eat before bed because it takes so long to be digested so you get a steady flow of amino acids in my body throughout most of the night. When im bulking ill eat 1 big ass steak as my last whole meal like 14ozs its probably close to 100g of protein, then an hour later ill have 2 cups of greek yogurt and go to bed with 150gs of slow digesting protein in my system. Its always worked best for me. For whatever reason on high test I just grow better on a diet rich in red meat compared to chicken and fish. Ill usually eat those things earilier in the day as they digest faster and dont make me feel as full and sluggish as steak does. But one steak a day, a lean one like top sirlon is fine.

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Consumed cholesterol has virtually no bearing on blood cholesterol, somewhere along the line the medical community simply made a bad association. With that in mind the yolk simply has a large fat content and in turn extra calories where as the white is largely protein. I think most people realize the decision to not eat, or eat fewer yolks is more about macro contents and calories than cholesterol.

That is false, the body can obtain cholesterol from animal-based-foods... The issue is, people don't truly know how cholesterol works, its direct course of action, and the good vs bad..

Did you know that cholesterol is in fact not bad? Its only been that past 2 decades that the medical community has advocated cholesterol being bad (basically and with out regards- they are correct,but failing to explain the difference).. The body sees and recolonizes cholesterol in the blood as a steroid hormone, and in fact the same as testosterone (did you know that cholesterol produces/manufactures testosterone, and without it you would be shut down?)

People like to blame high levels of cholesterol on their diets , it dose have a pivotal role however their liver is most-likely to blame for high levels due to liver enzymes combining cholesterol with proteins creating lipoproteins, with these liver enzymes manufacturing bad cholesterol LDL (BAD) vs a low ration of HDL (good)..

In many cases high levels of good vs bad is a genetic disposition... and in some users who have a sensitive system, elevates test levels will create this environment!

Zyglamail

Registered
Reaction score
That is false, the body can obtain cholesterol from animal-based-foods... The issue is, people don't truly know how cholesterol works, its direct course of action, and the good vs bad..

Did you know that cholesterol is in fact not bad? Its only been that past 2 decades that the medical community has advocated cholesterol being bad (basically and with out regards- they are correct,but failing to explain the difference).. The body sees and recolonizes cholesterol in the blood as a steroid hormone, and in fact the same as testosterone (did you know that cholesterol produces/manufactures testosterone, and without it you would be shut down?)

People like to blame high levels of cholesterol on their diets , it dose have a pivotal role however their liver is most-likely to blame for high levels due to liver enzymes combining cholesterol with proteins creating lipoproteins, with these liver enzymes manufacturing bad cholesterol LDL (BAD) vs a low ration of HDL (good)..

In many cases high levels of good vs bad is a genetic disposition... and in some users who have a sensitive system, elevates test levels will create this environment!

I stand by my statement. Yes the body CAN obtain cholesterol from animal based foods BUT the consumption of cholesterol is not the driving force behind elevated cholesterol. High insulin levels are which come from high carb diets. I also never said cholesterol was "bad".

Cholesterol is the base for many hormones so in that regard its not bad. The medical community got on the anti cholesterol campaign because they discovered it collecting on the arterial walls. The collection on arterial walls led to hardening and restriction and therefor was deemed "bad". The truth of the matter the cholesterol adhering to the arterial walls acts as a band-aid to help strengthen damaged arterial walls. As the arterial wall under the cholesterol is repaired the cholesterol will fall away. The problem is modern diets are severely lacking in the nutrients to facilitate arterial repair and thus the cholesterol becomes an issue.

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I stand by my statement. Yes the body CAN obtain cholesterol from animal based foods BUT the consumption of cholesterol is not the driving force behind elevated cholesterol. High insulin levels are which come from high carb diets. I also never said cholesterol was "bad".

Cholesterol is the base for many hormones so in that regard its not bad. The medical community got on the anti cholesterol campaign because they discovered it collecting on the arterial walls. The collection on arterial walls led to hardening and restriction and therefor was deemed "bad". The truth of the matter the cholesterol adhering to the arterial walls acts as a band-aid to help strengthen damaged arterial walls. As the arterial wall under the cholesterol is repaired the cholesterol will fall away. The problem is modern diets are severely lacking in the nutrients to facilitate arterial repair and thus the cholesterol becomes an issue.

Im well aware of the binding properties of cholesterol (basics 101), and I never stated that consumption was the a pivotal point in cholesterol levels, I was just adding to you no baring statement, that is it false..the majority of the blood bound levels is due to the liver and its more a genetic disposition that can be influenced through diet, and it doesn't have to pertain to HIGH carb diet, its more a sensitivity..

the medical field has been on this kick for the past 20-30 years like I stressed above..

BTC

Registered
Reaction score
If you eat grass fed beef you wont have to worry about cholesterol. And I personally have have had bloods reflect cholesterol intake.

BTC

Registered
Reaction score
Im well aware of the binding properties of cholesterol (basics 101), and I never stated that consumption was the a pivotal point in cholesterol levels, I was just adding to you no baring statement, that is it false..the majority of the blood bound levels is due to the liver and its more a genetic disposition that can be influenced through diet, and it doesn't have to pertain to HIGH carb diet, its more a sensitivity..

the medical field has been on this kick for the past 20-30 years like I stressed above..

The thyroid, namely low or low range T3 has a direct bearing on Cholesterol. just as a side note

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The thyroid, namely low or low range T3 has a direct bearing on Cholesterol. just as a side note
Good feedback!

Zyglamail

Registered
Reaction score

We know low thyroid also has a negative effect on sex hormones and cholesterol is the base for many sex hormones. There doesnt appear to be a cholesterol feedback mechanism but One has to wonder if the increased cholesterol due to low thyroid hormone production is almost due in part to a feedback mechanism and the body trying to provide more cholesterol for sex hormone production just in case thats the "bottleneck" so to speak.

The hard part about strict diet testing is getting people to eat certain foods during the study period. One would almost have to sequester the subjects to get solid data.

fever

Registered
Reaction score
Ive got u all beat bro just got back from hunting trip and dropped of 30 lbs of bison meat. Damn this stuff is delicious, lean and GRASS FED

BTC

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
We know low thyroid also has a negative effect on sex hormones and cholesterol is the base for many sex hormones. There doesnt appear to be a cholesterol feedback mechanism but One has to wonder if the increased cholesterol due to low thyroid hormone production is almost due in part to a feedback mechanism and the body trying to provide more cholesterol for sex hormone production just in case thats the "bottleneck" so to speak.

The hard part about strict diet testing is getting people to eat certain foods during the study period. One would almost have to sequester the subjects to get solid data.

My wife had high cholesterol for years. "genetic" (bullshit). No matter the diet, ect. never below 200. When her hashi's was gotten under control and has/is been well managed it never goes above 160 no matter the diet.

Zyglamail

Registered
Reaction score
My wife had high cholesterol for years. "genetic" (bullshit). No matter the diet, ect. never below 200. When her hashi's was gotten under control and has/is been well managed it never goes above 160 no matter the diet.
Its amazing how many things are affected by suboptimal thyroid function. Its a shame the medical community is so clueless about it.

BTC

Registered
Reaction score
Its amazing how many things are affected by suboptimal thyroid function. Its a shame the medical community is so clueless about it.

almost everything is due to the thyroid.. There is no money in fixing people.

raysd21

Banned
Reaction score
My behind the neck press went up 40lbs since I started my beef and broccoli diet last week.

Although it could have been the 10 days I was shooting insulin pre and post workout.;)

Insulin, carbs and creatine trump all the gear in the world...except maybe halotest...or pheraplex...IMO...:p