• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Shoulder pain

Juicebox

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I’ll make it quick… I could possibly have a small tear in my shoulder. Dry needling, PT, etc., do help. Don’t need surgery atm…

Here’s the question- deca or eq (along with AI, test and required pct)? Which one should I go with for recovery.

I know all of the science, chemistry numbers, and pros and cons of both. I’m just looking for advice from someone with personal experience.

Im also aware rest is key and all of that fun stuff. I appreciate y’all’s Input.

Last thing. This post shouldn’t start a crazy debate. This is one meathead asking for advice that’s it.

Thx guys-

samgraves82

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
Deca low dose and don't do shit that hurts too bad. Use partial rom etc if needed

samgraves82

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
Oh and do a shoulder warm up every upper body day and also do ur rotator warm ups. These have some wonders for me

Juicebox

Registered Member
Reaction score
Ya my PT gave me some bands to start doing workout/warmups with. I give deca a try. Haven’t used it since playing college ball. Looked like a fucking blow fish… lol but at this point if it avoids going under the knife I’ll take it. I appreciate the advise

Augustine5I

Carpet-Chewer
Registered Member
Reaction score
Ya my PT gave me some bands to start doing workout/warmups with. I give deca a try. Haven’t used it since playing college ball. Looked like a fucking blow fish… lol but at this point if it avoids going under the knife I’ll take it. I appreciate the advise

With structural damage, like a tear, you will have to always keep up with your home exercises.

But if it keeps you feeling good and avoids surgery? No brainer

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’ll make it quick… I could possibly have a small tear in my shoulder. Dry needling, PT, etc., do help. Don’t need surgery atm…

Here’s the question- deca or eq (along with AI, test and required pct)? Which one should I go with for recovery.

I know all of the science, chemistry numbers, and pros and cons of both. I’m just looking for advice from someone with personal experience.

Im also aware rest is key and all of that fun stuff. I appreciate y’all’s Input.

Last thing. This post shouldn’t start a crazy debate. This is one meathead asking for advice that’s it.

Thx guys-
If it's a tear, neither is going to do much. Eq is supposed to increase collegen production which should help but, I haven't ever seen anyone get better by adding eq.

If it's joint pain the Deca will help more.

If I chose one.... Deca because eq is dog shit. I wouldn't use more then 100mg if it's just for this issue either.

The pre/re- hab part is huge with shoulders though.

Along with rotator cuff and shoulder warmup, over and backs with a long pole can actually be the cure for most any issues in the joint we get from training.

I do 5 sets of 20 before training, when I'm not being a dumb shit, along with external and infernal rotation of the joint with a cable or band. I see most guys use a Dumbbell for those but, it's not very useful at all compared to the constant tension you can apply with the band or cable.

I would expect your pt to find other issues going on with you though, not simply shoulder mobility. Tightness in the trap, rear delt, triceps and even the lats can cause shoulder joint and tendon issues from tightness and the body compensating.

Hell, ankle mobility if it's not addressed will eventually work up all the way into the quad so, it's a big picture look at a small part.

XOTG85

Registered Member
Reaction score
I'd drop the weight down drastically and add in Tb500 with 100mg of Deca. I'd also suppliment with a joint compound like IML joint repair. Just rest it and don't go crazy and it will heal up.