• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Should I lower my dose or cold turkey

Bobbyg

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey y’all I’ve been using test e none stop for about a year or so , I just drop lower my dose somewhat and cruise while I cycle on and off the gears . I’m gonna need to stop completely to have surgery done . I’m just wondering should I lean myself off or just cold turkey ??? Does it matter I know eventually the body will go back to normal lol I hope?

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey y’all I’ve been using test e none stop for about a year or so , I just drop lower my dose somewhat and cruise while I cycle on and off the gears . I’m gonna need to stop completely to have surgery done . I’m just wondering should I lean myself off or just cold turkey ??? Does it matter I know eventually the body will go back to normal lol I hope?
Why do you have to stop for surgery?

No, your body probably isn't going to just go back to normal.

It will take months to regain any form of noticeable testosterone production even with an extensive pct protocol given you've been on for as long as you have.

Mynuts

Registered Member
Reaction score
Why would you stop for surgery?
Are you on legal trt or self administered?

Reactions: 220

Bolan

Registered Member
Reaction score
Ive had 4 surgeries while on, yes I dropped the dose, but not to HRT levels.

Matt88

Registered Member
Reaction score
So is the issue that you won't physically be able to give your self the shots or what's the situation?

Bobbyg

Registered Member
Reaction score
Well it’s fusion back surgery I’ve got my girlfriend who will shoot me , I was just told and thought it would be good to come off everything for surgery

Matt88

Registered Member
Reaction score
As long as you're using an actual trt dosage then it's not different than you getting dr prescribed trt. Say 200mg a week. I wouldn't come off bc then you're going to be dealing with crashed test on top of the surgery.

Unless you rly want to come off then a good full length PCT is a must. Don't just stop without a pct. Slowly dropping your dose vs cold turkey doesn't matter bc shutdown is shutdown. Rather you're on 500mg of test or 100mg you are shutdown.

dale.c

OG
Registered Member
Reaction score
Well it’s fusion back surgery I’ve got my girlfriend who will shoot me , I was just told and thought it would be good to come off everything for surgery

I strongly disagree that coming off would be a good idea, your levels would be almost non existent for quite some time given you’ve been on as long as you have and will make you feel like shit mentally and physically which is no good having surgery and your healing abilities along with immunity would be lowered. Just drop to a TRT dose and i pray you make a full speedy recovery brother.

Augustine5I

Carpet-Chewer
Registered Member
Reaction score

Maybe do a proper pct, and give your body a nice rest after the surgery.

Focus on your recovery.

You won’t be training with any real intensity for months anyway.

Idk. Just a thought

Bobbyg

Registered Member
Reaction score
As long as you're using an actual trt dosage then it's not different than you getting dr prescribed trt. Say 200mg a week. I wouldn't come off bc then you're going to be dealing with crashed test on top of the surgery.

Unless you rly want to come off then a good full length PCT is a must. Don't just stop without a pct. Slowly dropping your dose vs cold turkey doesn't matter bc shutdown is shutdown. Rather you're on 500mg of test or 100mg you are shutdown.
I’m thinking imma order some clomid , I’ve been running 250 mg a week on cruise control lol and ramping it up on cycle

Matt88

Registered Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking imma order some clomid , I’ve been running 250 mg a week on cruise control lol and ramping it up on cycle
I'd rly just stay on though at 200mg a week. Could just do 1 shot a week. Obviously 2 is optimal but u can get by on 1.

When your gains start disappearing you're going to wish you had stayed on.

If you're going to pct I'd suggest nolva and clomid both. Maybe hcg as well. I'm not a pct guru bc I stay on but I'd definitely research it. There is a good pct sticky thread.

Matt88

Registered Member
Reaction score

Bobbyg

Registered Member
Reaction score
I'd rly just stay on though at 200mg a week. Could just do 1 shot a week. Obviously 2 is optimal but u can get by on 1.

When your gains start disappearing you're going to wish you had stayed on.

If you're going to pct I'd suggest nolva and clomid both. Maybe hcg as well. I'm not a pct guru bc I stay on but I'd definitely research it. There is a good pct sticky thread.
Ya I’ve been doing one pin a week , im kinda new to this I really appreciate the advice

Bobbyg

Registered Member
Reaction score
I’m already not looking forward to losing my gains honna suck

Augustine5I

Carpet-Chewer
Registered Member
Reaction score
Who's giving you said advice that you should come off if you don't mind me asking?

Well, despite testosterone or not, he won’t be training all that much and he will certainly lose gains.

Back surgery can really take some time.

Do you think maybe it’s a good time to rest his body with steroid use??

SkeevsBudz

Registered Member
Reaction score
I’m already not looking forward to losing my gains honna suck
just take your regular TRT/cruise dose. you'll lose some muscle but when your come back muscle memory is a great thing. wont be as hard to gain back

ive went through hand surgery when i got a boxers fracture. couldnt work out for 3-4 months other then legs. my uppers got VERY weak but once i started to blast it came right back without hesitation. i think i even got more stronger if anything

Matt88

Registered Member
Reaction score
Well, despite testosterone or not, he won’t be training all that much and he will certainly lose gains.

Trt and time off isn't the same. Trt dose he is simply supplementing his natural testosterone production. Only difference is he will be high normal range opposed to whatever he was naturally.

Bobbyg

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!

Ya it’s gonna be 3 month down time , imma lose most my gains and shrink up some , my mom actually said I probaly should because when she had surgery they told her to be steroid free for 3 months in order to do the surgery…. I just figured good time for a break also but imma be working all the way till the surgery and don’t wanna feel slumped

Matt88

Registered Member
Reaction score
Ya it’s gonna be 3 month down time , imma lose most my gains and shrink up some , my mom actually said I probaly should because when she had surgery they told her to be steroid free for 3 months in order to do the surgery…. I just figured good time for a break also but imma be working all the way till the surgery and don’t wanna feel slumped
Steroid = corticosteroids such as predisone.

Anabolic steroids and corticosteroids are 100% different.

Testosterone is naturally occurring.

Bobbyg

Registered Member
Reaction score
Steroid = corticosteroids such as predisone.

Anabolic steroids and corticosteroids are 100% different.

Testosterone is naturally occurring.
Ya that’s kinda what I was thinking , but still I feel the tren and other gears may kinda fall into that category but the test I wasn’t sure about but it is natural so I should be good