Into
Side raises
Dumbel shrugs,forward,backward rolls with reg shrugs at end
Into
Front delta raises

4sets each
Minumum rest

Peel down weights last 2 sets of each.
Basically getting 25/30 reps last 2 sets of everything..

Really focusing on traps..
Seems to be working..

Input/tweaks
Fire away please...
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Startingover

Registered
Reaction score
Do deadz on back day..
Love em!

Battousai

Registered
Reaction score
Do you guys do like one set per lift? lol. I do 4, max 5 lifts per session. One body movement, one power movement, then a couple accessories.

Battousai

Registered
Reaction score
Mike mentzer style? I do 3-5 sets 6-8 movements
Same here. I do generally 3 sets on accessories, 5 sets on body movements, sometimes up to 10 sets on my power movement. My point is I don't get guys that have 20 different exercies in one workout. This is why I hate bodybuilding formulas. It's just so borrrrring to me, jumping around from exercise to exercise with little to no intensity. I focus on my main lift, sometimes I will be on the squat rack for 30 minutes, then complement it with a couple accessories. That's just my training philosophy but I powerlift, I'm not a bodybuilder so to each their own.

Wardamn

Registered
Reaction score
Same here. I do generally 3 sets on accessories, 5 sets on body movements, sometimes up to 10 sets on my power movement. My point is I don't get guys that have 20 different exercies in one workout. This is why I hate bodybuilding formulas. It's just so borrrrring to me, jumping around from exercise to exercise with little to no intensity. I focus on my main lift, sometimes I will be on the squat rack for 30 minutes, then complement it with a couple accessories. That's just my training philosophy but I powerlift, I'm not a bodybuilder so to each their own.

You think there is no intensity in bodybuilding training?

Ckmeter

Registered
Reaction score
Seems lacking on lateral head of delt. Imo, that’s way too many exercises on trap. Why not do 1 exercise for trap on shoulder day like a heavy dumbbell shrug with a ton of volume. Then, do some exercises on back day for additional trap work.

Startingover

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a bodybuilder per say..
But 100% intensity during all and every workout.
I'm into my cardio as much as my lifting.
Jumping Jack's in between sets.
Had to give ya my rebuttle.
Anyways everyone's differant.

Startingover

Registered
Reaction score
Seems lacking on lateral head of delt. Imo, that’s way too many exercises on trap. Why not do 1 exercise for trap on shoulder day like a heavy dumbbell shrug with a ton of volume. Then, do some exercises on back day for additional trap work.
I here ya..
Been on this for 4/5 weeks now.
Gonna switch it up some
More for Boulder shoulders..

Doug 64

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a bodybuilder per say..
But 100% intensity during all and every workout.
I'm into my cardio as much as my lifting.
Jumping Jack's in between sets.
Had to give ya my rebuttle.
Anyways everyone's differant.

I add push ups in btwn all sets and if I'm feeling froggy...I'll do pull ups 10 behind the head and no less than 5 ifo in the same set...fucking ROCKS SHIT!

Astro95

Registered
Reaction score
I mean 10 sets on a power movement seems like a lot of filler sets to me. 10 sets on anything is just filler volume imo. I hear what you’re saying though about guys who just move around the gym half assing everything.

Bodybuilding type of training is different for everyone though, there’s guys like me who train high volume and guys that train a few sets 3-4 movements and are done.

You can make anything high intensity, it’s all about how you train. Upping the weight, Sets to failure, supported reps past failure if you got a training partner, partials, drop sets, shorter rest periods, super sets, mega sets you name it. If we could do a back day together you’ll be bored as hell puking in the trash bin lol

Battousai

Registered
Reaction score
I mean 10 sets on a power movement seems like a lot of filler sets to me. 10 sets on anything is just filler volume imo. I hear what you’re saying though about guys who just move around the gym half assing everything.

Bodybuilding type of training is different for everyone though, there’s guys like me who train high volume and guys that train a few sets 3-4 movements and are done.

You can make anything high intensity, it’s all about how you train. Upping the weight, Sets to failure, supported reps past failure if you got a training partner, partials, drop sets, shorter rest periods, super sets, mega sets you name it. If we could do a back day together you’ll be bored as hell puking in the trash bin lol
When I say 10 sets it's not 10 working sets. I start with the bar and gradually work up. But yes I agree there's a lot of ways you can work intensity. I didn't mean anything against the original poster. It's the way I train it's impossible for me personally to do a lot of different exercises because of the intensity that I work at. I've tried doing lots of movements, I've tried lots of volume through high sets, and combining all that together with heavy weights/intensity would just burn me out. I think it's important to for people to pick and choose their battles. You want to squat 5 sets of 10 at 70% of your max? That's great but you're going to have to sacrifice a certain amount of strength, so being aware of your goals is important.

Astro95

Registered
Reaction score
When I say 10 sets it's not 10 working sets. I start with the bar and gradually work up. But yes I agree there's a lot of ways you can work intensity. I didn't mean anything against the original poster. It's the way I train it's impossible for me personally to do a lot of different exercises because of the intensity that I work at. I've tried doing lots of movements, I've tried lots of volume through high sets, and combining all that together with heavy weights/intensity would just burn me out. I think it's important to for people to pick and choose their battles. You want to squat 5 sets of 10 at 70% of your max? That's great but you're going to have to sacrifice a certain amount of strength, so being aware of your goals is important.
I know exactly what you’re saying. If you train or are looking to train high volume with very high intensity being properly hydrated, carbed up and an intra drink with fast acting carbs is a MUST imo. I train very high volume very high intensity and if I don’t hydrate properly, carb up or I don’t have my intra carbs/pump mix I’ll just fall out throughout the workout or lose my pump due glycogen loss etc. it’s literally night and day. Also, pwo aas are an ace up the sleeve when training this way.

Battousai

Registered
Reaction score
I know exactly what you’re saying. If you train or are looking to train high volume with very high intensity being properly hydrated, carbed up and an intra drink with fast acting carbs is a MUST imo. I train very high volume very high intensity and if I don’t hydrate properly, carb up or I don’t have my intra carbs/pump mix I’ll just fall out throughout the workout or lose my pump due glycogen loss etc. it’s literally night and day. Also, pwo aas are an ace up the sleeve when training this way.
Amino acids and carbs def make a difference. I can attest to that.

YourMuscleShop

Sales
Board Rep
Reaction score
Your training regimen looks intense and focused on developing your traps. If you're seeing positive results and feeling satisfied with the routine, keep up the good work!

libby