• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Roids - strength gains over-rated

reddog309

🐍 Don't tread on me
Registered Member
Reaction score
Being strong is over rated, Looking aesthetily pleasing is where it's at...........:coffee:

Reactions: GS1

Guillotine

Registered Member
Reaction score
Strength > looks. I'd rather look like an ugly motherfucker who can bench press a car and deadlift a big rig than look like ZYZZ and need help pulling up my pants.

theCaptn'

HIV+
Registered Member
Reaction score
Strength > looks. I'd rather look like an ugly motherfucker who can bench press a car and deadlift a big rig than look like ZYZZ and need help pulling up my pants.

Umm.... I'd rather look like Zyzz have a cue of ppl lining up to suck my cock.

.... But back to the question, even on tren I never get mind-blowing increasing of strength. Slin was probably the most noticeable.

Rambo

Registered Abuser
Board Rep
Reaction score
I don't get the crazy strength that people claim either. I do get stronger on some isolation movements. But I'm still stuck at 275 for 4 on bench which was the same last year before I ever touched aas.

Tank82

Registered Member
Reaction score
Rambo if your bench hasn't increased in a year with the use of aas, either your gear is bunk or you don't know how to lift.

Tank82

Registered Member
Reaction score
My first cycle my bench went up 80 lbs. over a 12 week period of time.

Sherk

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll take strength over size any day of the week. I'd rather be able to bench press a car than look like a can but can't press over 200lbs. But to answer the discussion, I get a good amount of strength but I personally feel that the crazy strength increase we all talk about is somewhat over exaggerated. I wouldn't say over rated.

Rambo

Registered Abuser
Board Rep
Reaction score
So you're saying people are fucking liars, Rambo?
No but some ppl I think start really busting ass when they are on cycle. Shit most guys don't even workout unless they are on cycle so of course they see strength gains. I'm not saying that's the case with all. I do believe there is strength gains but I don't really get them for some reason.....on another note my rep ranges are in the 12-20 range and my rest periods between sets is only the time it takes to change the weight. So maybe I am retarded and strength is up.

nuttz51

I am a pothead
Registered Member
Reaction score
If you already have a lot of lifting experience and a solid natural base built, then yes I think strength gains from aas are very overrated.

on the other hand if your some skinny fat person who's been working out for like 6 months and gets on gear sure your bench is probably going to jump 50 lbs in 10 weeks.

i don't really get stronger anymore unless I'm training for strength, but who cares it's all about looking good naked anyways.

Rambo

Registered Abuser
Board Rep
Reaction score
Rambo if your bench hasn't increased in a year with the use of aas, either your gear is bunk or you don't know how to lift.
I'm sure you know how my body reacts to aas. I actually don't even workout, all my posts are for entertainment purposes....
My first cycle my bench went up 80 lbs. over a 12 week period of time.
And what happens off cycle? Your strength go to shit?

Rambo

Registered Abuser
Board Rep
Reaction score
If you already have a lot of lifting experience and a solid natural base built, then yes I think strength gains from aas are very overrated.

I agree with this. I lifted for 9 years before I touched gear.

petegriffin

Registered Member
Reaction score
I only lift for strength on a few compound lifts such as bench press n squats and it's really just to gauge how well the gear is working. I'm on a simple Tren E/Test E cycle right now and the strength increase on my bench is awesome, my goal was to hit 315X10 and I finally hit it.

nuttz51

I am a pothead
Registered Member
Reaction score
See I don't see any of these crazy strength gains people talk about and I run big cycles. But my rep range is always 12-15. After 6 weeks I may add 10-20 lbs to my working sets but that's about it.

test1

Registered Member
Reaction score
i stopped training super heavy years ago, strength isnt my goal, that being said when i blast my strength does go up, but drastically no, its noticable imo get more quality reps but adding a 100lbs to the bench or whatever that doesnt happen, my legs are the most noticable to me their strength goes up a pretty good amount. id rather be big and hard than strong all day long, that girl on the beach checking you out has no idea how much you lift nor does she care, she just knows you look sexy as fuck, thats just my opinion tho.

TBJ

:winkfinger:
Registered Member
Reaction score
I got strong, but it wasn't until my diet was better honestly. Tren is overrated if you don't eat right. Lol @ people who say you can eat like shit and shred at the same time on roids/tren

SoCalJC

Registered Member
Reaction score

Uber-negged.

Who cares that you can bench press 500lbs if you look like Shrek. Aesthetics is where its at.

SoCalJC

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!

.... But back to the question, even on tren I never get mind-blowing increasing of strength. Slin was probably the most noticeable.

This guy knows.

I get the best strength gains on Tren. Every week breaking new PRs. Maybe I just don't lift hard enough when I'm not on cycle lol.

SigRep

Registered Member
Reaction score

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guillotine

Registered Member
Reaction score
Uber-negged.

Who cares that you can bench press 500lbs if you look like Shrek. Aesthetics is where its at.
Negs returned in kind. I'm more about function than looks... In pretty much all things but women.

Eatsleeprepeat

Registered Member
Reaction score

I resent that... XP

In all honestly, I think there is a balance between the two. Functional muscle is where its at, and if you have the dedication to put in some aesthetics, do it!

reddog309

🐍 Don't tread on me
Registered Member
Reaction score
I think in my case my only option is to go small and tight over big and strong. I'm 5-8 175 and this is the most I have ever weighed. I've been on test C 200 mg a week for 10 weeks now (TRT) and I don't know if my strength went up or I just stopped working out like a pussy knowing that I now have something to work with with the test......:coffee:

Guillotine

Registered Member
Reaction score
Aesthetics or you don't even lift.
So powerlifters don't lift?
I resent that... XP

In all honestly, I think there is a balance between the two. Functional muscle is where its at, and if you have the dedication to put in some aesthetics, do it!
Exactly. But cutting to 8% BF sucks and holding at that BF really sucks. 15-18% BF much better quality of life, to me, but the 'aesthetic' goes out wibdow

TBJ

:winkfinger:
Registered Member
Reaction score

Exactly. But cutting to 8% BF sucks and holding at that BF really sucks. 15-18% BF much better quality of life, to me, but the 'aesthetic' goes out wibdow

You sound like one of my old friends. He was a fat shit, 5'6" and did nothing but talk about lifted trucks and power lifting and bashed dudes who looked better than him. No one gave a fuck. He also never got any pussy. This is in no way any relation to you nor a shot/insult to you. Just my remembering of an old friend and it made me lol.

Firefighter33

Registered Member
Reaction score

That's right. Without the necessary muscular volumen, we never could lift a reasonable weight without injuries. Is the most important part to be a powerlifter. Not only strength, volume and aesthetics are important. It's not necessary being a fat to be a powerlifter....