• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

RIP Kobe Bryant...??

so typical of the media, this is going to be plastered all over for 24 to 48 hours nonstop, but yet when our brave military service members get killed in line of duty they get about two seconds of recognition. those are true heroes that deserve the nations highest respect.

Him and his daughters death is a tragedy, but what you said is fucking true unfortunately!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brutal

So Mr. Plane mechanic, what could have gone wrong to cause it to spiral like that then crash? I know you got an eye for stuff like that. Or is it as simple as saying it could have been a million things. What is your educated guess?

Brutal

So Mr. Plane mechanic, what could have gone wrong to cause it to spiral like that then crash? I know you got an eye for stuff like that. Or is it as simple as saying it could have been a million things. What is your educated guess?
well first I apologize I guess that isnt a legit video and it was being passed off as Kobe's helicopter, I think this helicopter lost a blade or the swash plate failed it looks uncontrollable. I did watch a video of tower communication and it seems they were too low

following this video it seems they were too low could have been a bad altimeter or pilot error, he wasnt on IFR and using his instruments he was VFR and following the freeway looks like he needed to be above 1500ft and last communication they said he was at 1200ft then he dropped of radar

https://youtu.be/LnpKAYbLEC4

Great response.

You as well! <high five>

following this video it seems they were too low could have been a bad altimeter or pilot error, he wasnt on IFR and using his instruments he was VFR and following the freeway looks like he needed to be above 1500ft and last communication they said he was at 1200ft then he dropped of radar

https://youtu.be/LnpKAYbLEC4

From the debris spread it seems like they impacted with plenty of ground speed. Any suspicions on the cause?

This is kinda intriguing.

The radio traffic indicates the helicopter is flying at only 1,200 ft which is too low for the hills in the area, but the maps and photos cropping up on the news show the crash site to be on the western slope of THE OAKS, a high plateau just to the east of MALIBU CREEK / STONE CREEK. The flight path had to have been along I-101 (verified on radio) to squeeze between hills higher than 1,200 ft, but instead of continuing along 101 to Thousand Oaks further west, they circled around south then east into the hillside.

Here's a map to show what I mean.

The "CRASH SITE" is an approximation from news photos like this one:

kobe-bryant-crash-investigation.jpg

Attachments

• Kobe crash site.png
    Kobe crash site.png
    769.5 KB · Views: 54
I drove home thru there in the morning and the fog was so thick I couldnt see 10 feet in front of my truck, not good conditions for VFR, it did clear up thru the day. Seen a few crashes on days like this. sad

IML Gear Cream!
Wait so what record was broken? Points?
Then he dies in a helicopter crash? Damn, that's a shitty day!!!

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
James passed him as 3rd most all time point scorer the night before.

I drove home thru there in the morning and the fog was so thick I couldnt see 10 feet in front of my truck, not good conditions for VFR, it did clear up thru the day. Seen a few crashes on days like this. sad
I saw an interview from another pilot that didn't want to fly that morning because of the heavy fog.

I saw an interview from another pilot that didn't want to fly that morning because of the heavy fog.

I was up and heading to the gym around 4:30am and I couldn’t see more than a few feet in front of me. We were driving about 30mph on the freeway. It was fucking thick

“Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did,” his statement said.

“After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.” -Kobe Bryant

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...laim-marked-kobe-bryants-darkest-episode/amp/

pot being stirred....

“Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did,” his statement said.

“After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.” -Kobe Bryant

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...laim-marked-kobe-bryants-darkest-episode/amp/

pot being stirred....

Get your hoods out

great RIP thread :blah:

Latest reports suggest they got swallowed by fog, the pilot continued with VFR flying and probably got severely disoriented... then flew into the ground. That would explain both being off the flight path to Thousand Oaks as well as descending from 2,500 ft to 1,000 ft (at 4,000 ft/min) where the wreck was found, as well as the wreck being scattered over multiple sides of the hill.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/27/us/kobe-bryant-helicopter-crash.html

Maybe that valley with Las Virgenes roadway funnels fog up from the coast? I don't know the area, but grew up in the Bay where fog channeling could be intense, pouring through the gate and across the water right into Berkeley and Oakland, sacking them in all day while everyone else was in sunshine.

Latest reports suggest they got swallowed by fog, the pilot continued with VFR flying and probably got severely disoriented... then flew into the ground. That would explain both being off the flight path to Thousand Oaks as well as descending from 2,500 ft to 1,000 ft (at 4,000 ft/min) where the wreck was found, as well as the wreck being scattered over multiple sides of the hill.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/27/us/kobe-bryant-helicopter-crash.html

Maybe that valley with Las Virgenes roadway funnels fog up from the coast? I don't know the area, but grew up in the Bay where fog channeling could be intense, pouring through the gate and across the water right into Berkeley and Oakland, sacking them in all day while everyone else was in sunshine.

I’m familiar with the area and yes, that that area gets extremely dense with fog while other areas close by aren’t as sacked in or even have almost no fog. There’s a constant breeze that channels through the valleys of those mountains. That morning in particular was pretty fucking foggy. I was on the way to the gym around 4:30am and I couldn’t see more than a few feet in front of me by the time I got to the summit of one of the hills the freeway goes up. My guess from the time I heard about this was it was most likely caused by fog

I’m familiar with the area and yes, that that area gets extremely dense with fog while other areas close by aren’t as sacked in or even have almost no fog. There’s a constant breeze that channels through the valleys of those mountains. That morning in particular was pretty fucking foggy. I was on the way to the gym around 4:30am and I couldn’t see more than a few feet in front of me by the time I got to the summit of one of the hills the freeway goes up. My guess from the time I heard about this was it was most likely caused by fog
I'm learning that I live close to a few of you guys, I better be more careful who I troll here

Back