• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Question for my Grad Thesis...

MuscleMatthew

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hello Everyone! I've done a pretty good job of introducing myself in the new members area, but I'll give a quick recap here. I'll be asking a lot of questions over the next few weeks as I compile info so please be patient with me and If I post a question in the wrong place let me know where it would be better placed.

I'm a graduate student working on my final thesis and dissertation for my PharmD. My thesis relates to the relationship between healthcare professionals, (doctors, practitioners, pharmacists, etc.) and users of illicit steroids (outside of hormone replacement therapy).

Obviously, I need to gather evidence to support my thesis and defend my position and I would like to use this forum as a resource for my thesis. As is standard practice in any medical related research anyone that participates will be kept strictly anonymous and at no time will I ever ask anyone for their real identity or for any personally identifiable information. I will also ask consent from any source I contact before using any information that is used in my thesis.

The major things I am trying to learn from members of this forum are:

1. When buying steroids from online sources, how often are people actually getting what is advertised? I will need to get samples from multiple vendors and test their products with LC-MS and HPLC to determine if the correct drug is used, in the advertised dosage and whether or not it contains contaminants or adulterants.
  2. What are the general attitudes of steroid users and what is their primary reason for using them?
    1. What steroids are they taking?
    2. What dosages are they taking?
    3. What is their cycle length, or do they not cycle at all?
    4. Are they doing any PCT and how do they determine how to manage it?
    5. How often do they have lab work done?
    6. etc...
  3. Have they discussed their steroid use with a physician? Why, What was the outcome?
  4. Would would it take to get illicit steroid users to openly work with a physician to help manage their use.
Anyways the thesis covers much more but this is the general info I am trying to gain from the forum and I am trying to be as open and honest as possible. Nobody should ever feel as though their freedom or liberty will be compromised by any of my research as I am bound to only collect and keep anonymous information. My findings will however be made public when my thesis is published, so the findings of the lab results could be useful to the community.

Let me know if you have any concerns, otherwise I look forward to becoming an active and valuable member of the community. (and on a side note, I have a decent amount of knowledge and background in bodybuilding.) A couple years ago I qualified to compete in a regional NPC show, although I didn't compete due to in injury and I now only use steroids under the care of a physician.

Now to finally get to my first question and the reason for this entire post...

1. When buying steroids from underground sources how confident are you that you are getting what is advertised?
2. Assuming you are getting the correct compound how confident are you that it is dosed accurately and is free of contaminants?
3. Do you believe the lab you buy from follows proper manufacturing processes and has the proper equipment to maintain product safety?

I'd really appreciate your answers, just answer however you feel is appropriate, (full sentences or scale of 1-10). I may reach out to some of you individually for follow questions so please be patient with me. (Sorry for the long post)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you are going to come off as a Cop to many members here.

These are very precise questions that not many people are going to want to, nor will they answer.

Also labs don't want to be identified as "having proper equipment" by members here.

What are "contaminants"??

Imagine sir you are on the show breaking bad, and you are going to just communicate with Jesse Pinkman, if the lab in the basement that Gustavo made was FDA compliant, or maybe you are going to ask the Twins about Tuco Salamanca? This in a sense is what you are doing.

No disrespect sir but I suspect you are barking up the wrong tree. Good luck to you.

1656010695193.png

I’m not jumping on the wagon… however I completely agree. I was reading your post and the terminology you are using doesnt sound like any grad student I’ve ever known.

Also no source is going to send you samples of anything. That’s a fact. Testing for contaminates and the quality of their gear lol.

Im not sure if you are a detective however you come across like one. And I remember your Introduction in the new members forum… that went a lot better than how this is about to go 😞

I guess now that I see that from your perspective... you're right. I see how this could feel like a bit of a witch hunt. Although I don't think commenting on anything I've asked would be incriminating at all... would it?

As for vendors not wanting to talk about their manufacturing processes THAT MAKES TOTAL SENSE! And you're right, trying to get any information from vendors is probably out of the question here. @GYMnTONIC thanks for pointing that out.

Seems kinda obvious but I hadn't thought about that. I can actually gain a lot of info just reading between the lines though... none of the labs (or at least very few) on forums like this probably have the equipment needed to make this stuff properly so I can drop that from my questions too!

I also know that no vendor on here would be willing to give me samples and even if they did I couldn't use them. I do need to obtain some products and test them but I have a budget for that.

Are the three main questions I asked too incriminating to answer? (Unless you are a board sponsor or a rep in which case I guess it could be seen as bad for your brand.)

Yeah..I'm with Wes on this One.
I feel like Liam in Taken..
"Good Luck"
Z...

Hmmm. Just out of honest curiosity is:

When buying steroids from underground sources how confident are you that you are getting what is advertised?
too private or incriminating? I'm being serious. (Maybe I just gave way too much background before the question?)

This isn't a cop. I'll answer your questions dude. I have nothing to hide. God knows I've been around enough cops in my time, and spent enough time on the hot seat in a box to know this isn't a cop. Or his/her approach. PM me home boy. I'll answer what I can.

This isn't a cop. I'll answer your questions dude. I have nothing to hide. God knows I've been around enough cops in my time, and spent enough time on the hot seat in a box to know this isn't a cop. Or his/her approach. PM me home boy. I'll answer what I can.
Good luck with that, and you are being pretty brave stepping up.

Dude these questions are harmless.
Thanks for the answers. I think I'll take a different approach next time I ask a question. Lesson learned.

Dude these questions are harmless.
They're not.

A manufacturer with a capping machine for instance is gonna serve alot more prison time then a manufacturer capping them by hand or say with one or your 100 capsule plastic toy machines on Ebay.

The guy might have good intent. But he's new.

And he's not trusted.

We don't have Mods and Admins for kicks and giggles. It's bc we know the game much better then the average person.

You always defer to safety.

Ask Rick Collins how many of his clients had "good intent".

It does you no good to "help" an untrusted new member. It does the forum no good either.

I've been to Prison for steroids. Have you? How many here can question me on this topic? How many would?

Dude I'm 50yrs old and been in this life since my early to mid 20s. I'm well aware of what's going. So 25+ years with no issues. Do I wanna question you? No you've done time for them. I'm cool man don't worry about it.

I'll tell you what can't be trusted. A dude who has done time for them and has his face all over this forum. You're documented. For anyone to make you a rep or a mod is out of their mind.

These idiots may trust you but I don't. Just like I don't trust the kid asking the questions. The questions weren't incriminating in the least so I answered them. You're documented and still running game in a life you did time for. Moron

I'll tell you what can't be trusted. A dude who has done time for them and has his face all over this forum. You're documented. For anyone to make you a rep or a mod is out of their mind.
I'm also documented for Jaywalking asshole

Keep running your mouth though. I've earned my trust over the years. I'm also not the one advising others foolishly to answer questions about illegal substances CURRENTLY.

I'm also documented for Jaywalking asshole

Keep running your mouth though. I've earned my trust over the years. I'm also not the one advising others foolishly to answer questions about illegal substances CURRENTLY.
You busted and can't be trusted

Damn boys! Settle down. :oops: Nobody needs to trust me. That will come with time... or it won't. I'll NEVER ask ANYBODY for information that could incriminate them and I haven't done so.

None of the questions I asked for anything other than personal opinion. I'm mostly concerned with the attitudes and relationships between bodybuilders and healthcare professionals. I think there is a world where you guys can get more help managing your cycles, or at the very least PCT from your family doctor. Those kinds of changes by doing research and publishing papers. I'm only trying to help, I don't care about anybody's criminal past, or present.

Honestly OP you can literally get the answers to most of your questions just by reading what's already here and using the search feature... As far as samples go.. You can try to order what ever you want from whom ever you want but I think several sources will be beyond your reach.

You would have had better luck not telling any one what you are doing here and just asking questions from a prospective buyer stand point. Any way best of luck to you.

Honestly OP you can literally get the answers to most of your questions just by reading what's already here and using the search feature... As far as samples go.. You can try to order what ever you want from whom ever you want but I think several sources will be beyond your reach.

You would have had better luck not telling any one what you are doing here and just asking questions from a prospective buyer stand point. Any way best of luck to you.
I'm starting to think you're right. I could definitely glean a lot of info using the search tools. I'm sure that's exactly what the cops would do. I guess I had imagined a more collaborative approach but I feel like I kicked the hornets nest.

And its really strange that everyone got so defensive about simple questions but then I see other posts where guys are going into crazy detail about all kinds of things I'd never ask in any of my research. Either way, I'm trying to learn and play by the rules. I'll figure it out as I go. Thanks for the reply. (y)

Damn boys! Settle down. :oops: Nobody needs to trust me. That will come with time... or it won't. I'll NEVER ask ANYBODY for information that could incriminate them and I haven't done so.

None of the questions I asked for anything other than personal opinion. I'm mostly concerned with the attitudes and relationships between bodybuilders and healthcare professionals. I think there is a world where you guys can get more help managing your cycles, or at the very least PCT from your family doctor. Those kinds of changes by doing research and publishing papers. I'm only trying to help, I don't care about anybody's criminal past, or present.
Sorry I can be feisty

I am very protective of our members and the forum and sponsors. If I am wrong, I am sorry. We don't know you and we don't trust people we don't know

Don't take that offensively. I'm merely being honest.

No offense taken. You’re a moderator and you’ve gotta protect your people. Hopefully someday I’ll be considered one of them. The fact is, people should be careful what they say on these forums. That almost counts for double when you’re talking to people you think you know and can trust. Just because a comment is directed to a trusted member of the forum, it’s open for EVERYONE to see… forever.

Something that would show your credibility is sharing a copy of your literature review with the board. It should be full of peer reviewed sources on this very subject and may provide information that is useful to our community as a whole.

Also, please test and report results. It is encouraged and keeps our community safe and honest.

Something that would show your credibility is sharing a copy of your literature review with the board. It should be full of peer reviewed sources on this very subject and may provide information that is useful to our community as a whole.

Also, please test and report results. It is encouraged and keeps our community safe and honest.
I will definitely make my final paper available to the community. I will also post test results when I begin that phase.

Don’t worry, everything will be made available to the forum.

Back