• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Question about proviron

jgroove

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Currently on TRT and taking 50mg proviron once day. I have a blood lab coming on soon for doc who has me prescried the trt.
How long should I stop taking the proviron before the lab so my free test levels arent high for the labs?

hot rod

Registered Member
Reaction score
this is kind of a tricky question- half life-10-12 hours-detection time 5 to 6 wks-complete elimination 7-14 days. Soooooo. how long before it affects your free test?(drops it) Don't know that answer bro. maybe someone else does. But my thinking would be it prob. hasn't raised it THAT much doing 50 mg,but it could be enough to affect your trt and u def. don't want to lose that. my best guess would be quit about a week before, but that's a guess. hopefully someone else chimes in bro. good luck!

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Currently on TRT and taking 50mg proviron once day. I have a blood lab coming on soon for doc who has me prescried the trt.
How long should I stop taking the proviron before the lab so my free test levels arent high for the labs?
Why would you want to do that, wouldn't you want to see if the Prov is actually working for you with more than just feels? See what it is actually doing and if it's worth even taking, it may not have even changed your FT much at all, for all you know.. Heres you chance to see if it is worth using or not.. Your Dr won't bug over high FT..

Prov won't do anything to your panel that will set off red flags, that much I can promise. its very mild.

jgroove

Registered Member
Reaction score
Why would you want to do that, wouldn't you want to see if the Prov is actually working for you with more than just feels? See what it is actually doing and if it's worth even taking, it may not have even changed your FT much at all, for all you know.. Heres you chance to see if it is worth using or not.. Your Dr won't bug over high FT..

Prov won't do anything to your panel that will set off red flags, that much I can promise. its very mild.

My TRT is with my primary care doc, and he doesnt prescribe the Proviron. I want my test levels to be lower for labs, so he continues the TRT every year. I run labs my own labs for checking my levels throughout the year on my own. This lab is for yearly TRT only.

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Drop everything for 7-9 days if you want baseline levels.

In PubMed studies, test E and Cyp peak at 24-48hrs and then decline. At day 9 almost 90%+ users are back to baseline.

Proviron is thought to be a 12 hour half life, however the combination of HRT and Proviron and how long free test levels would be elevated (compared) to normal would be hard to say. I have never seen a study that shows say hourly, bi daily, daily or any otherwise information on this combo.

jgroove

Registered Member
Reaction score
Drop everything for 7-9 days if you want baseline levels.

In PubMed studies, test E and Cyp peak at 24-48hrs and then decline. At day 9 almost 90%+ users are back to baseline.

Proviron is thought to be a 12 hour half life, however the combination of HRT and Proviron and how long free test levels would be elevated (compared) to normal would be hard to say. I have never seen a study that shows say hourly, bi daily, daily or any otherwise information on this combo.

Perfect, thank you!!

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My TRT is with my primary care doc, and he doesnt prescribe the Proviron. I want my test levels to be lower for labs, so he continues the TRT every year. I run labs my own labs for checking my levels throughout the year on my own. This lab is for yearly TRT only.

prov will not make your levels any higher, whatever your typical dosage is that he's giving you it's not going to change in a higher direction, the only influences it may have would be anything beneficial which would most likely be the possibility of lower estrogen by way of other mechanisms such as lowering shbg along with the possibility of slightly higher free testosterone, all of this in calculation with total will not be any higher.. it will not simulate, duplicate or replicate testosterone by making it appear higher. but if you want to go in there as low as possible then come off of everything and just stick with your normal dosage. when you decide to pull blood you may want to do them several days after your injection.. but just to put this out there something bizarre happened to me recently in which I've always been a low responder with my trt or any testosterone for that matter, and I'm prescribed 200 and I always come back within the 700s more on the higher end of the 700s, last month I tested 6 days out after my injection and I came back high 1250'ish.. that was the highest score I've ever got on 200, let alone 6 days out..