• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Prevagen !? Jellyfish Supp for Brain $50-$80 a month?

maxmuscle1

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Apoaequorin 10mg(main active in Prevagen) is a protein that was originally discovered in the jellyfish species Aequorea victoria. They make a 20mg Max forumula

Problems with calcium regulation in the human brain are thought to play a role in age-related mental decline. Because apoaequorin has a similar structure to human calcium-binding proteins, some researchers believe it might help regulate calcium in the brain and reduce memory loss and mental decline.

Mental function. Early research shows that taking 10 mg of apoaequorin (Prevagen, Quincy Bioscience) daily for 90 days *might* improve some measures of mental function in older adults.
Memory. Early research shows that taking 10 mg of apoaequorin (Prevagen, Quincy Bioscience) daily for 90 days *might* improve forgetfulness, word recall, and the need for reminders in some people. But, this research is of lower quality.
Sleep quality. Early research shows that taking 10 mg of apoaequorin (Prevagen, Quincy Bioscience) daily for 90 days might increase sleep time by around 30-40 minutes per night, cut nighttime awakenings by 50%, and improve sleep quality in over 90% of people with trouble sleeping. But, this research is of lower quality.

Apoaequorin is POSSIBLY SAFE when taken by mouth appropriately. A 10 mg dose of a specific apoaequorin product (Prevagen, Quincy Bioscience) has been used safely for up to 90 days. No clinical research has adequately evaluated side effects caused by apoaequorin.

I’m out. Always looking for something that keeps plaque build up in the brain. Alzheimer’s suuuucks. This stuff looks worthless . IMO

Max

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
maxmuscle1;1973773 said:
I’m out. Always looking for something that keeps plaque build up in the brain. Alzheimer’s suuuucks. This stuff looks worthless . IMO

Max

Any recommendations?

maxmuscle1

Registered Member
Reaction score
Multislacking;1973789 said:
Any recommendations?

Supposedly Novartis is coming out with a drug, but beyond Pharma . Nothing is proven but people say the daily low dose aspirin, up to 4-5 servings black coffee.
1. They say : making sure you get any and all hearing Loss Fixed immediately!! Apparently if you have bad hearing or it goes bad (it kicks in Alzheimer’s hard
2. Healthy diet ,good cholesterols , good healthy fatty acids

Any tobacco is very bad. It’s a horrible affliction that I’ve watched twice and I’d ask for a bullet for sure . Worse for the family/loved ones. If your 85+ well you lived but guys are getting it in 40-50’s . Crazy but , I’d like to know what causes it to happen and what chemicals to avoid ! for real

Max

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pharma stuff makes me nervous. I've personally seen people get WAY worse when they went to an RX. On top of that, most of them say they will only slightly delay the inevitable. It's one of those risks that doesn't seem worth taking.

maxmuscle1

Registered Member
Reaction score
Multislacking;1973814 said:
Pharma stuff makes me nervous. I've personally seen people get WAY worse when they went to an RX. On top of that, most of them say they will only slightly delay the inevitable. It's one of those risks that doesn't seem worth taking.

Me too, they gave the oral , then the patch and my guy was freaking out. Seemed to make delusions waaay worse. I do notice once a smoking Alz patient gets a cigarette….it can instantly affect them. I watched it about 9x and told the nurse - pretty horrid disease . Just glad most don’t know what’s going on .

Max

Yeah, I’m keeping up on general health but , they blame a lot of chemicals , processed stuff and weird additives. So , eating locals , fresh groceries are pretty important and lots of fresh /veg & fruits .

Augustine5I

Carpet-Chewer
Registered Member
Reaction score
maxmuscle1;1973816 said:
Me too, they gave the oral , then the patch and my guy was freaking out. Seemed to make delusions waaay worse. I do notice once a smoking Alz patient gets a cigarette….it can instantly affect them. I watched it about 9x and told the nurse - pretty horrid disease . Just glad most don’t know what’s going on .

Max

Yeah, I’m keeping up on general health but , they blame a lot of chemicals , processed stuff and weird additives. So , eating locals , fresh groceries are pretty important and lots of fresh /veg & fruits .

Definitely bro.

Modern age… every thing is from a can, bag or box. Needing lots of chemical preservatives.

Stuff has to be effecting the body/brain.

I hate to say it, but everyone I know who limits red meat, is living longer. And I love a nice steak.

Also, regulated sleep lasting 8 hours is helpful.

All of our repairs, building etc happens at rest.

maxmuscle1

Registered Member
Reaction score
Augustine5I;1973822 said:
Definitely bro.

Modern age… every thing is from a can, bag or box. Needing lots of chemical preservatives.

Stuff has to be effecting the body/brain.

I hate to say it, but everyone I know who limits red meat, is living longer. And I love a nice steak.

Also, regulated sleep lasting 8 hours is helpful.

All of our repairs, building etc happens at rest.

Yeah , the 80-90year old farmers or their wives who eat off the farm. Male sperm counts are over 50% less from 1973 to 2021, I mean it has to be big time dietary (a lot of factors ) bottled waters and microwave plastics , coatings on pans. But I think a lot of it is Dietary (either the gmo thing or actual additives/preservatives - odd ingredients (plus all the tvp) textured vegetables protein (bad for estrogen ) . That’s my main reason for making my own Max burritos !! Lol

Max