• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Preparing for a disaster??

IML Gear Cream!
Apologies for the rant...but here's my 2 cents worth. I learn from you guys for the training, advice and vitamins for workouts and bodybuilding. I don't know shit about that but I am thankful for being part of this group and being taught. Prepping and setting up a home or bug out location for a disaster, I can help with! If you can figure out your cycles, you can do this too.

I have been off grid since 2005. We prep for every winter. My home is 3,200 sq ft and runs like a regular city home. Harbor Freight gen set, 20 solar panels, Magnum inverter, regular household wiring, 2200 gallons of fresh water storage, radiant heat, fridges, freezers, TV's, computers, iPads, phones, I run my business out of my house...In remote areas like ours, weather is a huge hurdle, but you can beat it if you plan accordingly. After being snowed in for 3 weeks one winter, we started going overboard with the preps. With the current economic and political climate, we insured that we are set for a couple of years, maybe longer if we can conserve and ration. Clean out a closet and add shelves. Stock it with food that you actually like and will eat. Add comfort foods like cookies, candy and fruit roll ups. If you have shitty food or your dehydrated food is a turn off, you have to start over and get something edible, which could be too late. We get enough pasta, canned food, rice, flour, sugar and yeast for a year. RDM, this is is a good start for your 50 or 100 a week idea. Rotate your stocks every week or two with your regular meals. Replace as necessary so your stock is always fresh. That's easy in the current state. Water; get backpack filters for emergency drinking water. Stock up on 3 gallon jugs for filtered / reverse osmosis water and keep 10 (or more) on hand, build a rack to stack them for space saving.

There's a lot more to being prepped than food, water and a few bullets; power systems, heating and cooling, cooking, hygiene, wood stoves, firewood, etc. Alternative living area or rally point. Protection is a huge issue, 1.3 million guns were purchased in February. Every month for years, that has been the norm. People are arming themselves for protection from the government and others in the community. Like Halloween, kids go to the rich homes to get good candy. Thugs will do the same after they've worked over the locals and we have seen that it does not take very long for a group of bad people to ransack a business, stores, homes, etc. You not only need enough guns to arm your Team, you need enough ammo for weeks, maybe months. I know - over kill? And you need more ammo to train. Shooting skills are reduced over time. Practice, practice, practice. Knowing exactly what the gun can do in your hand is a huge benefit. Ldog, you know what I am talking about. Midway USA, Natchez Shooters Supply generally have decent pricing on ammo and availability. It doesn't take long to stock up. More ammo is always better. Stick with NATO calibers for weapons; parts and ammo can be found easier. Guns need to be able to be used like a hammer, shoot and beat the fuck out of them. If they continue to work, it's a good tool. Glock, Sig, S&W, POF America as examples. Spending a little more on a quality gun could be the difference between life and death. Just like gear, get the best, it will perform and you will be happy.

I can keep going...

Anyone with questions you can PM me or I can respond here. I am happy to share my experiences. I don't know it all but will share what I do know.
Well it’s official…coffeeS and I are best friends now.

That’s a beautiful mountain location brother. Easier to defend. I know where I’m heading if my location and my back up gets “QZed”.

Im really interested in taking old steel storage containers and burying them underground and creating a large tunnel system…. Basically and underground city build in a really difficult to access area. I just don’t have the resources to do it.

If I could only find a way to make a few hundred million I’d be all set. Air handlers, generators, fuel storage/manufacturing, heavy equipment, etc…

Even if the world doesn’t go to shit. Just to be able to create a haven for like minded people to escape society would be nice.

Thanks Bruh - I kind of thought there would some guys like us here.

The container thing is interesting. I don't know what the maintenance would be for rust? I have seen some really cool shit fabbed out of them. I have a customer that sells the galvanized metal buildings and I've seen guys dig out the ground, put a pad in, build it and then bury it. Not sure the cost but might be worth looking into.

For the air handling, you could improvise a carbon filter or 2 like the pot growers do for far less than a system sold by an HVAC company.

d97ad17bf619d37441ba73b291a51ae2.jpg

I do keep these emergency food supply boxes (2) of them. I keep bottled water 144ct , tissue , ammo, and have 10g gas for my mower and lawn equipment. I drive electric ️, but Im looking to buy another 85 Jeep CJ7 (combustion) like my old one but, with Rancho Suspension, PSC Power Assist Steering, and Really Comfortable Reclining Seats + Dual “Africa” Metal Gas Cans. A lot Desert Land w Container Shelters/Homes not far from me. 2 - used 40Lx8Wx9.5 Tall Containers, cheap land , and a ton of hard work . The hard part is finding a good tight, no rust container (like finding an old Airstream that is water tight/rust-free). Ive always wanted an Airstream to put in the back or side of house as a guest room. Every single one I’ve found is a scam or it has leak or rust . I do have 2- 500gal hand held water filtration systems that one of my clients bought me which was super cool. He said it can make judy about any water potable. Does anyone know how to build or own a container homes ?

Max

There’s a few different options for underground. Everything depends on how much resources you have access to.

You can literally just dig out a couple large areas and pour concrete basements and pour slabs to use as a roof … or you can buy old containers or even big dumpsters or even trailers and reinforce them and bury them.

I knew a website that sold bunkers and bunker installs (ridiculous money) as well as a South Dakota based company that sold bunker spaces already built in place in SD.

I dunno about that tho considering SD has nuke silos and would probably be a likely target for nuclear bombs if nuclear war were to break out.

My idea would be to pick out non popular national and state park land and buy lots just outside of those areas and build a few medium to large bunkers and connect them with tunnels. Sometime like half mile apart. But again, I’m a poor boy with rich kid dreams lol

There’s a few different options for underground. Everything depends on how much resources you have access to.

You can literally just dig out a couple large areas and pour concrete basements and pour slabs to use as a roof … or you can buy old containers or even big dumpsters or even trailers and reinforce them and bury them.

I knew a website that sold bunkers and bunker installs (ridiculous money) as well as a South Dakota based company that sold bunker spaces already built in place in SD.

I dunno about that tho considering SD has nuke silos and would probably be a likely target for nuclear bombs if nuclear war were to break out.

My idea would be to pick out non popular national and state park land and buy lots just outside of those areas and build a few medium to large bunkers and connect them with tunnels. Sometime like half mile apart. But again, I’m a poor boy with rich kid dreams lol

Thanks Milford ! Pretty cool , especially for someone to have a project . I find after this remodel , I want to do more . I’ve seen a few really cool designs .

Max

the lot attaching to federal or state land is a great idea. that gives you access to acreage that you as an American taxpayer already own.

Get Shredded!
I just stocked up guns and ammo. I plan on taking what I need from the anti-gun demonrats if or when shit hits the fan. Like taking candy from a baby, literally 😄 🤣 😂

Thanks Milford ! Pretty cool , especially for someone to have a project . I find after this remodel , I want to do more . I’ve seen a few really cool designs .

Max
The thing about building underground that I like is….. if they can’t see it, they can’t tax it. Lol

Apologies for the rant...but here's my 2 cents worth. I learn from you guys for the training, advice and vitamins for workouts and bodybuilding. I don't know shit about that but I am thankful for being part of this group and being taught. Prepping and setting up a home or bug out location for a disaster, I can help with! If you can figure out your cycles, you can do this too.

I have been off grid since 2005. We prep for every winter. My home is 3,200 sq ft and runs like a regular city home. Harbor Freight gen set, 20 solar panels, Magnum inverter, regular household wiring, 2200 gallons of fresh water storage, radiant heat, fridges, freezers, TV's, computers, iPads, phones, I run my business out of my house...In remote areas like ours, weather is a huge hurdle, but you can beat it if you plan accordingly. After being snowed in for 3 weeks one winter, we started going overboard with the preps. With the current economic and political climate, we insured that we are set for a couple of years, maybe longer if we can conserve and ration. Clean out a closet and add shelves. Stock it with food that you actually like and will eat. Add comfort foods like cookies, candy and fruit roll ups. If you have shitty food or your dehydrated food is a turn off, you have to start over and get something edible, which could be too late. We get enough pasta, canned food, rice, flour, sugar and yeast for a year. RDM, this is is a good start for your 50 or 100 a week idea. Rotate your stocks every week or two with your regular meals. Replace as necessary so your stock is always fresh. That's easy in the current state. Water; get backpack filters for emergency drinking water. Stock up on 3 gallon jugs for filtered / reverse osmosis water and keep 10 (or more) on hand, build a rack to stack them for space saving.

There's a lot more to being prepped than food, water and a few bullets; power systems, heating and cooling, cooking, hygiene, wood stoves, firewood, etc. Alternative living area or rally point. Protection is a huge issue, 1.3 million guns were purchased in February. Every month for years, that has been the norm. People are arming themselves for protection from the government and others in the community. Like Halloween, kids go to the rich homes to get good candy. Thugs will do the same after they've worked over the locals and we have seen that it does not take very long for a group of bad people to ransack a business, stores, homes, etc. You not only need enough guns to arm your Team, you need enough ammo for weeks, maybe months. I know - over kill? And you need more ammo to train. Shooting skills are reduced over time. Practice, practice, practice. Knowing exactly what the gun can do in your hand is a huge benefit. Ldog, you know what I am talking about. Midway USA, Natchez Shooters Supply generally have decent pricing on ammo and availability. It doesn't take long to stock up. More ammo is always better. Stick with NATO calibers for weapons; parts and ammo can be found easier. Guns need to be able to be used like a hammer, shoot and beat the fuck out of them. If they continue to work, it's a good tool. Glock, Sig, S&W, POF America as examples. Spending a little more on a quality gun could be the difference between life and death. Just like gear, get the best, it will perform and you will be happy.

I can keep going...

Anyone with questions you can PM me or I can respond here. I am happy to share my experiences. I don't know it all but will share what I do know.
This is a good post and I agree with everything you said. Well written and I admire your diligence is getting your house prepared. Get fired up!

The thing about building underground that I like is….. if they can’t see it, they can’t tax it. Lol

Indeed ! I was just doing my taxes yesterday…today , sucked! But it’s done

Max

d97ad17bf619d37441ba73b291a51ae2.jpg

I do keep these emergency food supply boxes (2) of them. I keep bottled water 144ct , tissue , ammo, and have 10g gas for my mower and lawn equipment. I drive electric ️, but Im looking to buy another 85 Jeep CJ7 (combustion) like my old one but, with Rancho Suspension, PSC Power Assist Steering, and Really Comfortable Reclining Seats + Dual “Africa” Metal Gas Cans. A lot Desert Land w Container Shelters/Homes not far from me. 2 - used 40Lx8Wx9.5 Tall Containers, cheap land , and a ton of hard work . The hard part is finding a good tight, no rust container (like finding an old Airstream that is water tight/rust-free). Ive always wanted an Airstream to put in the back or side of house as a guest room. Every single one I’ve found is a scam or it has leak or rust . I do have 2- 500gal hand held water filtration systems that one of my clients bought me which was super cool. He said it can make judy about any water potable. Does anyone know how to build or own a container homes ?

Max

Nope but i know a jeep guy if u want his info!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coming from a poor family we were able to learn alot. Rock salt is my definite must have. Salted meat fish a ton of other things can be cured with salt. We can a bunch. Plenty of ammo for those trying to take shit. All in all its definitely crossed my mind about prepping but honestly as it stands were good for a couple months. If shit goes south im headed to the mountains.

Been doing it for the past few months the way things are going in this country. Have a few thousand rounds of ammunition now. I'm going to start making a pantry full of canned beef stew, water, baby wipes, and a backup generator. I have gas masks, ammo vest and plated vest.

Great ideas guys. Its good to see folks are taking things seriously and planning ahead.

Been doing it for the past few months the way things are going in this country. Have a few thousand rounds of ammunition now. I'm going to start making a pantry full of canned beef stew, water, baby wipes, and a backup generator. I have gas masks, ammo vest and plated vest.
Gas masks… damn that’s a solid idea.

Can you point me in a direction on this?

Back