• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Pill splitter

Nyde

Banned
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Does anyone know of any good pill splitters? The current pill splitter I have from Walgreens absolutely sucks! It crushes my pills 50% of the time and when it does decide to actually "split" the pill, I get an uneven split of usually 65/35. It's really annoying!

Nothing I do seems to work. I have pressed down, cut in a fast ninja like speed, slammed down....ive tried every BS technique possible, but nothing works.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TripleOvertime

Registered Member
Reaction score
I got one from GPZ with my last order of pins. Seems to work ok, although I've only used it a handfull of times.

ohsnapsicle

Registered Member
Reaction score
maybe try walgreens or walmart. i know which kind you're talking about. i have one that puts in in a vice like thing and you close the lid to avoid it shooting everywhere and splits it right down the middle. just look around.

Nyde

Banned
Reaction score
I got one from GPZ with my last order of pins. Seems to work ok, although I've only used it a handfull of times.

I use it to cut cytomel and arimidex tabs (real legit arimidex). The cytomel tends to crush up sometimes and the adex tabs never want to split down the middle evenly.

Can the one from GPZ cut Adex tabs that small?

Dirt700

Registered Member
Reaction score
I have tried several different cutters, all of them seemed to crush more than cut. Now I have a super sharp ceramic knife I use. It takes a little longer, and a little more patience, but I rarely crush one any more

BigNorm

Registered Member
Reaction score
I just use a single side razor from a box cutter...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

big_rich

Board Rep
Reaction score
I got mine from rite sis works great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

big_rich

Board Rep
Reaction score
Riteaid

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

bigtime916

Registered Member
Reaction score
Walamrt has a good one Ive been using.

gdawg

Low Life
Registered Member
Reaction score
I've got one I picked up at Kroger. It cuts Phizer Aromisin . They are hard coated . Does it perfect as long as I line it up right. Maybe it's the pills you are getting.

kilian97

Registered Member
Reaction score
If it won't split without busting just crush it up into a powder and then cut the pile in half.. If you want to be mg accurate use a scale.

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

weizen

Registered Member
Reaction score
I actually use my spring-loaded Gerber. I don't use it for anything else, but that is because I have a bunch of crappy knives to use. Otherwise, I use a crappy little pill cutter that gives uneven cuts depending on where the oral came from. Exact proportions don't bother me. I'll get all the compound sooner or later

Gokster

Registered Member
Reaction score
Just ordered splitter from Gpz. I'll update once I use it.

Samson

Whatever It Takes
Registered Member
Reaction score
Medical supply store

bc123jm

Registered Member
Reaction score

same here . gpz splitter works great . amp openers. well lets say i been though e few of those . but they are cheap so i always have a backup

JohnRambo

Registered Member
Reaction score
$1 store has the same ones from walmart man.
that or use a box cutter blade thats basically all you need as long as you keep the tablet from moving.
I swapped my pharmacy brand name AI because I couldn't properly cut the little sphere branded ones.... sometimes you can switch brands and they are either easier to cut or some come pre-scored with a line where you slip the cutter and it snaps in half.

Edit: the sharper the blade the less chance of it grinding itself