• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Pete Rose...

Lyrad

Registered Member
Reaction score
Dam. What’s a greater threat to the sport???
1. Athletes (who get caught) betting on outcomes?
2. Athletes who use PEDs to increase their talents?

MindlessWork

Registered Member
Reaction score
Think Barry Bonds and Mark McGwire should be even after taking all those steroids and hitting all those boomers?

E.J.D

Registered Member
Reaction score
The baseball Hof is a joke. A extremely hypocritical place as well. Pete Rose deserves to be in there. Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds as well. They were hall worthy before the greatest era of baseball happened. Also they never failed a drug test after they were banned. But hey what do I know. A guy just got in last year who failed a test and was in the drug program for testing. McGwire a case can be made his ba, rbis numbers aren't hall worthy. Then again Harold Baines got in 3 years with shit numbers.

Augustine5I

Carpet-Chewer
Registered Member
Reaction score
Hall of fame just really looks down on gambling. It’s dirty.

And he said he never bet against his own team. Idk if I can believe that… you could easily manipulate which pitchers to use and win games.

If he only had admitted it, they may have went easy on him. Idk

01dragonslayer

Registered Member
Reaction score

And he said he never bet against his own team. Idk if I can believe that… you could easily manipulate which pitchers to use and win games.

Even if he did admit to it it makes no difference on how he played.

SiliconeSack

Registered Member
Reaction score
Dam. What’s a greater threat to the sport???
1. Athletes (who get caught) betting on outcomes?
2. Athletes who use PEDs to increase their talents?

I guess its how you look at it and if you feel one person can change the outcome of the game. If the person betting on games is betting against his team and throwing the game or his portion, its just as bad as the one taking PEDS to be better.

If you feel that its a team sport and one person can only do so much and doesn’t make or break the team does either really matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Augustine5I

Carpet-Chewer
Registered Member
Reaction score
When he was a player? Yes, great asset to his team.

Later, he became a team manager. His position as a team manager could absolutely allow him to make choices to impact a game he was betting on.

At any rate, Hall of Fame??

Politics and bullshit.

Take the rock n roll hall of fame. They have LL Cool J, and a bunch of other rappers who sang RAP songs. That was their music genre. Inclusion is bullshit.

But again, it's all bullshit.

Bolan

Registered Member
Reaction score
LMAO.... looks alike for sure!!

01dragonslayer

Registered Member
Reaction score

When he was a player? Yes, great asset to his team.

Later, he became a team manager. His position as a team manager could absolutely allow him to make choices to impact a game he was betting on.

At any rate, Hall of Fame??

Politics and bullshit.

Take the rock n roll hall of fame. They have LL Cool J, and a bunch of other rappers who sang RAP songs. That was their music genre. Inclusion is bullshit.

But again, it's all bullshit.
I get it. As a player....IMO....no one played harder then him. Most hits ever in MLB. The dude had talent and skills as a player....no question about it...he gave it his all whenever he was on the field.

Lyrad

Registered Member
Reaction score
I guess its how you look at it and if you feel one person can change the outcome of the game. If the person betting on games is betting against his team and throwing the game or his portion, its just as bad as the one taking PEDS to be better.

If you feel that its a team sport and one person can only do so much and doesn’t make or break the team does either really matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Completely agree. I think once a person gets to that talent level, then what’s it matter if PEDs where allowed. If everyone was using them, then what would be the outcome (besides transparency of who is using PEDs).