• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Overweight friend

glock4319

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I have a friend who is around 280 and wants to start a body transformation. I sent him the info on how to get labs done and I’m sure those will show his test is low. Estrogen is probably off the numbers too. Once we get those back and they show what I think what would be the first step besides his diet and exercise changing? Clen? Get him on a basic test cycle?

TheOldJJdigs

SB Labs
Board Rep
Reaction score
You’re going to get a shit load of guys suggesting to clean up the dirt, wait on AAS, and for him to get down a solid workout plan. I’m not suggesting not to do that… he needs all that just like you are saying as well.

I still think getting him on a slightly higher than normal TRT dose… 250-300mg/wk of a medium ester testosterone would be huge for him IF his numbers were all jacked up. But he’s going to have to make a decision… does he want to go the doctor/clinic route or is he looking at UGL and self prescribing. Once he crosses that line he’s going to have tough time having a doctor/endo to get stable enough blood tests to prescribe for him. So as a friend I’d lay out all the options and allow him the opportunity to choose.

If he does decide to go this route then yea I think a higher testosterone dose would give him the jump he would need to really kick this into motion. We all suffer from a lack of motivation at times and if we look at the whole picture we (meaning the upper motivated types running AAS) even get complacent and unmotivated at times. So somebody that’s his weight and this out of shape he’s going to need to feel great and see some results first and hopefully the new endorphin release and the better recovery time will allow him to really lock in.

Personally I don’t trust most people with Clen… never mind someone that really doesn’t know what they’re doing. I’d keep the clen, t3, and peptides out out for a while. If he responds great with the higher test and he’s dropping the bad weight… give him a basic AAS beginner cycle

500mg Test E or C
300-400mg Masteron
Proviron 50mg ED

Seattlesbest

Registered Member
Reaction score
Clenbuterol is to put on the finishing touches to an already great physique.

Nothing will help your friend but to insanely change his diet. 280 didn't come over night and it's going to take him literally becoming a different person to change.

Diet, diet, coach, coach. He's not going to do it on his own.

Milford King

Twat Waffle Inspector
Registered Member
Reaction score
Clen will definitely work tho. If he dies of a heart attack he’ll get shredded eventually.

Is this guy just a really big dude or is 280 on a 5 ft frame? I’d hold off on the testosterone at this point. You can lose weight even if your test is low…. Cut the calories and move the ass. It’s a long journey ahead of him but he’ll probably benefit from the long haul. Make him respect himself a lot more and prevent gaining the weight back.

glock4319

Registered Member
Reaction score
Clen will definitely work tho. If he dies of a heart attack he’ll get shredded eventually.

Is this guy just a really big dude or is 280 on a 5 ft frame? I’d hold off on the testosterone at this point. You can lose weight even if your test is low…. Cut the calories and move the ass. It’s a long journey ahead of him but he’ll probably benefit from the long haul. Make him respect himself a lot more and prevent gaining the weight back.

He’s about 6 foot and just overweight. Former military, has PTSD and just started gaining weight from the PTSD/depression. He’s going to the gym about 4-5 days a week now. I told him it’s up to him regarding cleaning up his diet, that’s something I can’t help with.

jrogers2232008

Registered Member
Reaction score
As I tell my clients as a personal Trainer, He needs to do nothing but weight loss exercises, this includes Treadmill, stair master, push ups pull ups etc. Once he gets to a designated weight next step would be compound lift movements. This includes basic lifts and practicing with form. At his weight, I would not suggest any test or clen, that will just lead to heart issues. PEDs are for once you have experience under your belt

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a friend who is around 280 and wants to start a body transformation. I sent him the info on how to get labs done and I’m sure those will show his test is low. Estrogen is probably off the numbers too. Once we get those back and they show what I think what would be the first step besides his diet and exercise changing? Clen? Get him on a basic test cycle?
IMO.. keep him off the drugs.. I wouldn't treat or target hormones, even if he gets bloods and levels are off, that's because he is UNHEALTY.
I would suggest investing into a coach, seriously, and just focus on clean eating habits.. Learning how to eat and getting familiar with the kitchen will be the game changer for him, not drugs.
Cardio and clean diet, get rid of his current body composition, get down to a base and start from there.
You can 100% guarantee that his numbers on a future blood essay will most likely improve drastically, if he pulls things together with a healthy way of life with eating, training and cardio....
If he is truly consistent and puts in the work, in just 4 weeks he could see amazing results..

I strongly encourage him to learn about himself and discovers how he responds to adding and subtracting certain nutrients and timing food, without the presence of drugs..

TheOldJJdigs

SB Labs
Board Rep
Reaction score
IMO.. keep him off the drugs.. I wouldn't treat or target hormones, even if he gets bloods and levels are off, that's because he is UNHEALTY.
I would suggest investing into a coach, seriously, and just focus on clean eating habits.. Learning how to eat and getting familiar with the kitchen will be the game changer for him, not drugs.
Cardio and clean diet, get rid of his current body composition, get down to a base and start from there.
You can 100% guarantee that his numbers on a future blood essay will most likely improve drastically, if he pulls things together with a healthy way of life with eating, training and cardio....
If he is truly consistent and puts in the work, in just 4 weeks he could see amazing results..

I strongly encourage him to learn about himself and discovers how he responds to adding and subtracting certain nutrients and timing food, without the presence of drugs..
I don’t know man… the more I hear what’s going on with this guy it sounds like some Testosterone would really help him out. Veteran… depression… ptsd… when I came back from deployment within a year I was a full mess. I didn’t plan it that way it was just something that happened. It was awful and shitty all rolled up into one. And still being in the military I was off all testosterone and hormones… went to the VA and did the gauntlet of medications they prescribe. After a couple of months I was even more of a disaster. The SSRI’s and all the crap they had me on.. it was awful I truly mean that.

Anyway I got off all that crap when I finally realized it wasn’t going to help me. Actually I was almost arrested at the behavioral health center at the VA on two occasion… I walked away from them and I immediately went back to TRT and AAS and within a month I was in a much better place. 3 months later I was a completely different person man.. granted I had experience with running the Testosterone and AAS but I’m the depression department it cleared that up very quick.

Getting my hormones in line and the added endorphins was enough to set me on my way and that was 10 years ago! I’m the best me I can be right now. Granted not everyone has the same experiences but not too long ago I read some articles on Testosterone and treating depression. I’m sure there’s other situations where synthetic hormones could make the situation worse as well… so I agree he needs to want these changes for himself. I think adding Testosterone in a TRT manner could really help this guy out.

My 2 cents

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don’t know man… the more I hear what’s going on with this guy it sounds like some Testosterone would really help him out. Veteran… depression… ptsd… when I came back from deployment within a year I was a full mess. I didn’t plan it that way it was just something that happened. It was awful and shitty all rolled up into one. And still being in the military I was off all testosterone and hormones… went to the VA and did the gauntlet of medications they prescribe. After a couple of months I was even more of a disaster. The SSRI’s and all the crap they had me on.. it was awful I truly mean that.

Anyway I got off all that crap when I finally realized it wasn’t going to help me. Actually I was almost arrested at the behavioral health center at the VA on two occasion… I walked away from them and I immediately went back to TRT and AAS and within a month I was in a much better place. 3 months later I was a completely different person man.. granted I had experience with running the Testosterone and AAS but I’m the depression department it cleared that up very quick.

Getting my hormones in line and the added endorphins was enough to set me on my way and that was 10 years ago! I’m the best me I can be right now. Granted not everyone has the same experiences but not too long ago I read some articles on Testosterone and treating depression. I’m sure there’s other situations where synthetic hormones could make the situation worse as well… so I agree he needs to want these changes for himself. I think adding Testosterone in a TRT manner could really help this guy out.

My 2 cents
Well that's the case, we might as well suggest that he should jump on some insulin as well because of his weight, and potentially being a diabetic..

That makes no sense now does it?!?

Exactly, throwing this guy on drugs makes no sense if he is already unhealthy.

It would be very narrow-minded for people to continue with the mindset, and the brainwashed ideology that ptsd, depression, overweight and whatnot is all signs of low test.. in fact having those symptoms before having low test, can give someone low test.. so what do you treat from there on out, low test? Or do you treat the contributing factors by correcting them?

You're comparing an instance trying to find similarities.

I was diagnosed with PTSD in chronic depression well over 20 years ago at the same time with low test, none of them are related. Do you see how this can flip flop? 👍

Lathe Crasher

Registered Member
Reaction score
Don't use clen for general weight loss. Being overweight is already taxing enough on someone's heart, etc.

There’s a source here listing phentermine. I tried it. Legit AF. You’ll never eat while on it.

MonsterMaker

Registered Member
Reaction score
Stick him with some tren and clen… lol jk he’s gotta get his mind right first. Obese people have some serious physical issues that stem from serious issues between the ears….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zionoir626

Registered Member
Reaction score
PTSD is a huge problem that often is over medicated or even street drugs are used to suppress memories by the one affected..And often the real issues are never delt with or can't be due to the trauma..
Getting proper help for that issue would where I would help him..Many of us have these scars that we pick at..Just from what I've read the depression and overweight are just symptoms Not the Cause...
Just some basics exercises at home or in a gym Will help..just by releasing endorphins and following a healthier diet Should put him in a better Place..
For Me,yes PED's helped but I found myself in very dark places,between the hormones and mood swings..and without proper attention to the Cause...I spun out-of-control..
Just another perspective my Friend..
Z...