• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Over 60 and still pumping

CoachCabo

Registered Member
Reaction score
I saw a couple of things that made me chuckle. One was a t-shirt: “It’s weird old people being the same age as me.”

”I saw an old guy the other day and realized we went to High School together.”

When I turned 57 my 60 year old brother texted me “You‘re almost the same age as me.”

Uhhhhh, how does that work? Years of smokes, Bud Light and NASCAR I guess?

jmg52659

Registered Member
Reaction score
Starting over one more time. first time was around 2011 after a battle with colon cancer, lost down to 150 pounds, then around 2015 had a total knee replacement, but was in a brace and couldn't do much for about a year and a half before that, then rehab for several months. 2019 I had early onset hearing loss and severe vertigo (couldn't turn my head quickly without losing my balance), and the worst was a severe back injury requiring emergency surgery in 2020. I have permanent nerve damage in my lower left leg and right foot due to that. Was on my back for 6 months and rehab for 12. Just started back about 5 months ago and seeing how far I can come back. Currently on 400 test E and 300 deca a week. The worst is having to adjust to NOT being able to do certain exercises. I'll keep pushing because there is not another option besides becoming a couch slug and watching myself get old. I'll be 63 next month.

wesley_swolle

Large Member 🍆
Registered Member
Reaction score
Starting over one more time. first time was around 2011 after a battle with colon cancer, lost down to 150 pounds, then around 2015 had a total knee replacement, but was in a brace and couldn't do much for about a year and a half before that, then rehab for several months. 2019 I had early onset hearing loss and severe vertigo (couldn't turn my head quickly without losing my balance), and the worst was a severe back injury requiring emergency surgery in 2020. I have permanent nerve damage in my lower left leg and right foot due to that. Was on my back for 6 months and rehab for 12. Just started back about 5 months ago and seeing how far I can come back. Currently on 400 test E and 300 deca a week. The worst is having to adjust to NOT being able to do certain exercises. I'll keep pushing because there is not another option besides becoming a couch slug and watching myself get old. I'll be 63 next month.
You've been through a lot. Many people would probably just give up. Props to you for still going after it!

tommygunz

Fuck Your Feelings
Registered Member
Reaction score
When I turned 57 my 60 year old brother texted me “You‘re almost the same age as me.”

Uhhhhh, how does that work? Years of smokes, Bud Light and NASCAR I guess?
Living the good life can put the years on you that’s for sure.

jmg52659

Registered Member
Reaction score
You've been through a lot. Many people would probably just give up. Props to you for still going after it!
Thanks, I remember my dad's advice was "you never fail until you quit trying".

That's also why I've been married 5 times. Finally got it right! AND she can bench 205!