• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

New Ford Broncos---Yay or Nay?

Get Shredded!
Success! The ST is on the way.

Now tell me about this "easy tune-up" that adds 100hp...

Me later:

View attachment 89704

I got you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And now add they are made by Fiat. They've gotten even shittier.
I concur.

I had a 93 Cherokee with the in line 6 … rode like a horse carriage but couldn’t kill it and could plow thrifty the snow just fine. Wife ended up getting a 2006 grand Cherokee with the vortec engine. What a pile.

That was years ago.

She now drives another piece of shit (she ain’t good at pickin cars or men if ya can’t tell lol)

Love my ram tho (pre fiat)

I concur.

I had a 93 Cherokee with the in line 6 … rode like a horse carriage but couldn’t kill it and could plow thrifty the snow just fine. Wife ended up getting a 2006 grand Cherokee with the vortec engine. What a pile.

That was years ago.

She now drives another piece of shit (she ain’t good at pickin cars or men if ya can’t tell lol)

Yeah ,that 4.0l straight six was tuff as shit

I’m not a fan of the Broncos. I drive a Cadillac Escalade ESV. I like GM, I’d go for a Tahoe over the Bronco.

Nay. Ugly AF.

Sent from my moto g 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

You prefer government motors, eh? Found the lib.

Calm down Karen. General Motors. I had a Tahoe and a Suburban before my Escalade. Those SUV’s can easily hit 200k miles with just routine maintenance,

I hate to say it, but after some test driving the bronco wasn't for me. The smaller models were literally too small and everything fit weird. The armrests were super low, I was ducking too look out the windshield, etc, etc. When I sat in the larger models, the windshield felt ridiculously tiny. Literally worse than the small models. Felt smaller than the old jeeps. Oh, and the 1.5L they have in some is a gutless wonder. You literally have to mash the gas pedal all the way to the floor. It does pick up at that point, but everything felt slow and delayed in it.

After some prodding from the wife and the salesman, I sat in the Explorer. I really, really, really hated to admit it...but it fit great. Lots of room and super comfortable. Smooth ride and plenty of pep. They only had the ST Lines on the lot, so they didn't have the full blown ST model. But they are going to have to bring in what we want anyway, so they're trying to get both and we're gonna let fate decide what we end up with. Or maybe flip a quarter if they manage to get both. I'm sure given the price tag, they'll do their best to get the ST in. 🤞
Lol my man with the mom wagon . They really are nice . My wife drives a little Lexus crossover thing she loves it but damn is it small but that’s the size cars that she feels comfortable driving . I am 6’1 and damn near in the back seat . I’m sure the little bronco is the same way .

Lol my man with the mom wagon . They really are nice . My wife drives a little Lexus crossover thing she loves it but damn is it small but that’s the size cars that she feels comfortable driving . I am 6’1 and damn near in the back seat . I’m sure the little bronco is the same way .

Lol...yeah, "soccer mom" is what I keep calling it. Picked it up last night. It really is stupid fast for what it is. I wanted to test it a bit more, but the wife started in with the "not so fast". Which is the exact opposite of what I'm used to hearing driving or in the bedroom...

The bells and whistles on it are beyond ridiculous. The a/c seats were one thing, but it literally does everything for you. Maybe it's common on most new cars, I dunno....but it even automatically brights/dims the headlights at night. As soon as you turn it off, the seat goes back and the steering wheel goes up...i made a few "fatties must love this" jokes. Pretty sure it has a butt wiper on it, but I haven't found it yet. I can push a button and the back seats automatically fold up, which is great after all the years of wrestling van seats in and out for hauling and vacations. I really do hate to admit the wife was right this time. Pretty sure she's gonna try and steal it from me though...

I got you.

My man!!

There’s actually a lot of tuners available for that vehicle

This is a story about one that will make it run 0-60 sub 4 seconds.

3c66db6b3c64a4a44abc683d1e0fde28--joe-dirt-dang-man-candy.jpg

This Lightning is bad ass ! My bro has one (2022 Lightning ) and they kick ass ! I am waiting on another electric car that’s not Tesla but I’m not sure if I’ll actually keep it ..but I might if it’s cool as shit ! 2026 is probably when you’ll see a large influx of e-vehicles from what I’ve been seeing . Seems like LG Sciences and StoreDot are leading the pack with battery tech, helping GM make their own battery as well as Volvo/Harley Davidson , Sony/Gm collab, even BP invested (of course Tesla is the target) but, I love the torque on these things . Just trips everyone out when I hit the pedal and they can’t Believe how fast they are . I have an e-kick scooter that goes 70mph now ! Sick !

Max
fadca65322a93675ab77a3f3575c24f7.jpg

(Stock photo)

This Lightning is bad ass ! My bro has one (2022 Lightning ) and they kick ass ! I am waiting on another electric car that’s not Tesla but I’m not sure if I’ll actually keep it ..but I might if it’s cool as shit ! 2026 is probably when you’ll see a large influx of e-vehicles from what I’ve been seeing . Seems like LG Sciences and StoreDot are leading the pack with battery tech, helping GM make their own battery as well as Volvo/Harley Davidson , Sony/Gm collab, even BP invested (of course Tesla is the target) but, I love the torque on these things . Just trips everyone out when I hit the pedal and they can’t Believe how fast they are . I have an e-kick scooter that goes 70mph now ! Sick !

Max
fadca65322a93675ab77a3f3575c24f7.jpg

(Stock photo)

I hate the look of it. Sits too low for a truck, I like a nice lifted truck with big tires, can't really do that on an EV because the range drops significantly.

Any update? How do you like it?

Freaking love it! You weren't kidding about it being quick. All the bells and whistles are nice too. I haven't found a thing to complain about it. I really, really hate that the wife was right. I'll never hear the end of it.

Freaking love it! You weren't kidding about it being quick. All the bells and whistles are nice too. I haven't found a thing to complain about it. I really, really hate that the wife was right. I'll never hear the end of it.
Still like it? I'm close to trading in my Jeep SRT milage wise.

Still like it? I'm close to trading in my Jeep SRT milage wise.

Definitely. I still look forward to getting stopped at red lights just so I can Mariokart it. And it still gets way better gas mileage than the truck ever thought about getting. Plus I'm getting pretty spoiled with all the bells and whistles. The shifter and drive mode dials still feel weird to me though. Doesn't help they are as close together as they are either. Good news is it won't let you slip into park while going down the road.

I have been renting a few cars of late and those push/pull control switches for gear selection are disturbing. I really, really don't like them. The type on the Chevy Terrain were just stupid.

Last week I rented a Jetta but they gave me a Chevy Bolt, which had similar controls to the Terrain (which, btw, was NOT 4WD..huh?). The dude lied to me about how much it cost to charge it. He said $6 but left out the $15+ "fee" on top of that. I tried the free/public ones and that thing put about 4 miles worth of juice in the battery in 45 minutes. Total joke.

I really liked the "go-cart" feel of driving the Bolt. It was my first time to drive an EV. The get up and go was astounding in a little shoe car.
I would consider buying one but I don't pay $7500 in income taxes to make the $7500 credit worth it to me.

I concur.

That was years ago.

had a 1980 jeep cj7 with straight 6, I took the thing deep in the Arizona desert, broke an engine mount the engine swung left and fan cut the radiator. I had some cargo straps and made a web to cradle the engine and used another strap around the transmission to pull the engine straight again, then drove it out to the side of the road. I figured there was no way a tow truck would get to where I was so I had to get it as close to the road as possible. after 30 minutes I got to the road I figured well this engine is probably toast but its still running so I continued to drive it home another 20 minutes. Replaced the radiator and changed oil and that thing kept running like nothing happened. great motor!

Get Shredded!
Wife wanted one when the 1st came out but with the waiting list and mark up we decided to wait. I now dont like them. She still does though

Definitely. I still look forward to getting stopped at red lights just so I can Mariokart it. And it still gets way better gas mileage than the truck ever thought about getting. Plus I'm getting pretty spoiled with all the bells and whistles. The shifter and drive mode dials still feel weird to me though. Doesn't help they are as close together as they are either. Good news is it won't let you slip into park while going down the road.
I get 15 MPG with 475 HP but the engine switches to 4 cylinders when you are just coasting.

What MPG are you getting?

I get 15 MPG with 475 HP but the engine switches to 4 cylinders when you are just coasting.

What MPG are you getting?

Close to 20 in town and I keep it in sport mode 99% of the time. HWY i'm gonna guesstimate around 24...but it is a pretty big mix of sport and regular mode. The wife gets a tad complainy about the aggressive shifting of sport mode. Insert male complaint about female driving here.

I'm not sure if they have or not

I think they did. There were a lot of complaints about that when they brought it back it out on the first couple of years models. But from what I've seen, it looked like they got it fixed. Not to say the new ones won't when they hit 50k miles or something...there may not have been enough time for the flaws to show up yet.

I think they did. There were a lot of complaints about that when they brought it back it out on the first couple of years models. But from what I've seen, it looked like they got it fixed. Not to say the new ones won't when they hit 50k miles or something...there may not have been enough time for the flaws to show up yet.
Yeah...they may have gotten the bugs worked out by now. It's always good to get the later models

My cousin got the same one Arnold did (same color) . I wish I could find one of these
9051673af65d16ecdf7cdae3fb80f246.jpg

Max
#badass

I'm looking for a new daily driver. I'm not super jazzed about the new Bronco look, but it seems to have some good marks for reliability, etc. Thoughts?
I have worked on so many of these in the past few weeks… mainly because people are just crashing their cars with the weather getting nicer over here. Bronco is definitely a badass truck, especially the ones that come lifted with the bigger tires. We even got a Bronco Raptor in a few days ago and boy I’ll tell ya I fell in love. Fucker is expensive though, but I say it’s worth it. They drive nice and you can take the roof off of that bad boy on a nice sunny day, or dominate the snow in the winter time. Im only a fan of ford when it comes to their higher end vehicles like the Raptor trucks and Mustangs but the Bronco has my vote.

Back