• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Netflix Reviews and Recommendations

maxmuscle1

Registered Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm in the same boat. Only 6 weeks to wait then binge... Great idea in theory. Awful in reality lol... I've haven't watched Loki. I've heard it's great though. My favorite Loki moment
lol

Such an awesome scene! Makes those movies great!

Max

TheOldJJdigs

SB Labs
Board Rep
Reaction score
Theres a great mini series about Ted Kasinski Called - Manhunt: Unabomber

Great series… I have to admit I didn’t know a lot about the unabomber but it’s a great way to learn what his philosophy was and what his story is. Too be honest a lot of what he believed in I too believe in and see the tragic impact technology has made on the new world. I just don’t agree with how he aired his grievances.

Kasinski was a sick man but probably one of the smartest men at the same time.

Anyways it’s a great show… I believe 6 or 7 episodes… easily can watch it in a long weekend if you‘re into binge watching.

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I caught Monster Hunter last night (I couldn't find it on a free open source or any of my subscriptions). It was NOT what I was expecting from the previews. By a long shot. But I think that made it a better watch. The ending was cheesy as hell, but I could let it slide with a laugh. Worth watching free. Not sure I'd pay to see it though. And I'm a huge Milla fan...huge. If that girls had tits, she'd be dangerous AF.

maxmuscle1

Registered Member
Reaction score
I caught Monster Hunter last night (I couldn't find it on a free open source or any of my subscriptions). It was NOT what I was expecting from the previews. By a long shot. But I think that made it a better watch. The ending was cheesy as hell, but I could let it slide with a laugh. Worth watching free. Not sure I'd pay to see it though. And I'm a huge Milla fan...huge. If that girls had tits, she'd be dangerous AF.

Nice! Yeah it is free on one of my media things but , omg, she is fine AF ! Plus I looked up her modeling pics and she has been fine since birth!

Max

E.J.D

Registered Member
Reaction score
Theres a great mini series about Ted Kasinski Called - Manhunt: Unabomber

Great series… I have to admit I didn’t know a lot about the unabomber but it’s a great way to learn what his philosophy was and what his story is. Too be honest a lot of what he believed in I too believe in and see the tragic impact technology has made on the new world. I just don’t agree with how he aired his grievances.

Kasinski was a sick man but probably one of the smartest men at the same time.

Anyways it’s a great show… I believe 6 or 7 episodes… easily can watch it in a long weekend if you‘re into binge watching.
I seen it. Was a good series to watch. Didn't his sister-in-law tip the authorities off that Ted was the Unabomber.

TheOldJJdigs

SB Labs
Board Rep
Reaction score
I seen it. Was a good series to watch. Didn't his sister-in-law tip the authorities off that Ted was the Unabomber.
She did and I believe that’s a real part of the whole story. I know his family had a part of turning him in.

I have a tendency to be really inquisitive about certain topics that I hear about... and it was after watching that series I started learning a lot about him. He’s a brilliant guy who was a genius (a lot of which was told in the series) however if you read a lot of his writings it’s incredible watching how his mind works.

Highly recommend this series guys 👍

E.J.D

Registered Member
Reaction score
Anyone watch the John of god documentary on Netflix? I remember Dave Palumbo talking about him several times. Can't remember if he ever did try see him to get healing.

E.J.D

Registered Member
Reaction score
Who's seen this? I have to rent it while the lady isn't around. Minds her of Chucky who she's terrified of lol

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Who's seen this? I have to rent it while the lady isn't around. Minds her of Chucky who she's terrified of lol

Bwahahaa....I'd have to watch while the wife isn't around too. Not that she'd be scared. She'd just be sighing so hard, you'd think there was a tea kettle going nuclear on the stove. Zero sense of humor.

Dude...the movies you find! (y):roflmao:

JJB1

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I saw CLOSE on Netflix yesterday. It was very good. It stars Naomi Rapace. Here is the synopsis:
Zoe, a wealthy heiress, is in need of protection when her life is put in danger. A bodyguard and counter-terrorism expert is assigned to safeguard Zoe when a kidnapping forces them both to go on the run.

dale.c

OG
Registered Member
Reaction score

I just got to watch this tonight since I couldn’t find it free on any of my services either so i had to buy it for $15.00
It was pretty good though. Worth buying rather than paying $20 a person to watch in theater

maxmuscle1

Registered Member
Reaction score
I just got to watch this tonight since I couldn’t find it free on any of my services either so i had to buy it for $15.00
It was pretty good though. Worth buying rather than paying $20 a person to watch in theater

Nice ! Watching now!

Max

maxmuscle1

Registered Member
Reaction score
I saw CLOSE on Netflix yesterday. It was very good. It stars Naomi Rapace. Here is the synopsis:
Zoe, a wealthy heiress, is in need of protection when her life is put in danger. A bodyguard and counter-terrorism expert is assigned to safeguard Zoe when a kidnapping forces them both to go on the run.

Had to mention; I love Noomi Rapace ! She was phenomenal in a lot of movies but “Girl With the Dragon Tattoo” she was sick!. “What Happened to Monday” my bro said it was decent too.

Max

E.J.D

Registered Member
Reaction score
Bwahahaa....I'd have to watch while the wife isn't around too. Not that she'd be scared. She'd just be sighing so hard, you'd think there was a tea kettle going nuclear on the stove. Zero sense of humor.

Dude...the movies you find! (y):roflmao:
I'm definitely going to check it out. The lady picked Sonic over Benny. Sonic which while being good I would rather have watched Benny lol

E.J.D

Registered Member
Reaction score
Awesomeness!!
You will never take your tires for granted on your car again after you watch this movie. I've seen 20 minutes of it. Gotta check on Tubi if it's available.

E.J.D

Registered Member
Reaction score
Watched episode 1 of Moon Knight. Was interesting. Will take a few episodes I think to decide if it's good or not.

E.J.D

Registered Member
Reaction score
YouTube pop up. Think they are on to me lol. Looks strange/interesting. Rory Kinnear who was on Black Mirror plays several roles.

Pump's squeeze

Registered Member
Reaction score
I stick to watching older movies I haven't seen before, as the propaganda from yesteryear seemed a lot more tolerable and relatable.

TV shows I'd recommend- Squid Games, Black Mirror, Inventing Anna, and the Crown

Movie-wise, if I had to suggest some I'd avoid at all costs; "The Killing of the Sacred Deer" tops the list. The plot is interesting enough, but some of the dialogue made me go wtf am I watching. That feeling is encapsulated by the dialog where the protagonist recounts about the time he once jerked off his drunk father to see if his load was bigger than his.

Another one is "I care a lot", decent premise but it quickly takes a turn for the worse when you realize that this entire movie revolves around female empowerment. This subsequently compromises in the manner in which the events flow, as they seem so unnatural that employing suspension of disbelief requires a borderline Herculean Effort.

E.J.D

Registered Member
Reaction score
Just finished watching this amazing movie. Absurd and ridiculous don't do it justice. If you don't have a sense of humor don't bother watching this. There is one part that might trigger some people. Benny I think is now my favorite horror figure of all time.
Once again there is one part of the movie that might trigger some unpleasant reactions.

Bft84

Registered Member
Reaction score
Every alien movie is on tubi. I started last night with the first.

E.J.D

Registered Member
Reaction score
Every alien movie is on tubi. I started last night with the first.
Tubi has alot of movies that are watchable. Some good stuff. I need to check this "hidden gem" out soon

I'm checking out this version. Based on Straight to video movie in Russia, Radical Jack.. lmao

jbs290

Registered Member
Reaction score
Been watching series making a murderer on netflicks. Makes you think if guy was really guilty or not.

Bft84

Registered Member
Reaction score
Tubi has alot of movies that are watchable. Some good stuff. I need to check this "hidden gem" out soon

I'm checking out this version. Based on Straight to video movie in Russia, Radical Jack.. lmao
Tubi has imo one of the best selections
especially for a horror fan

E.J.D

Registered Member
Reaction score
I have prime, hbo max, Netflix, Hulu, and Disney+ I pay for and tubi is the one I watch the most.
I have all of them you mentioned above as well. Prime is the least watched and for me the quality is overall awful. For me I think it's close between Netflix and HBO Max as most watched. The lady I usually let pick what to watch since she's finicky about things lol. She's currently on a Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D kick. So Disney+ it's been. The streaming channel that's most played though is Pluto. I will just throw on the Ink Master channel and let it run while I do other things lol