• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Need help

Seattlesbest

SB Labs
Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
All right, this is the first time I've really tried to get super super lean not sure what the hell I'm doing any tips would be greatly appreciated from someone who got around 5%.

I've only bulked up. I stay pretty lean year round. I'm two and a half weeks out from my vacation. I'm probably around 8, or 9% right now. I've been carb cycling. One day high, 2 days low, one day zero. Then I refeed. I'm legitimately treating this like I'm getting ready for a show.

Today for instance eating six meals. 7oz 99% lean ground turkey. No fat no carbs. ZERO. Can't even have my protein shakes cuz it has a little in there and I'm really trying to do zero.

Can I maintain my muscle and size and get leaner like this or what would you guys do? Thinking about cycling in high-fat days when carbs are at zero. Am I doing to much. I'm pretty flat throughout the week but on my refeed days I fucking explode haha.

I just really have no idea what I'm doing. Thanks guys

Last edited:
Meal 3
ae152b9f89fa68ff6fdd6bb3d12e249b.jpg

I’m just gonna leave this here

8404c7d5d54ac75cb5d62565456137dc.jpg

Lol sorry bro I got nothing just look at my soft ass self… wish I could help man this thread made me suicidal just reading it tbh

Seriously though you ever use clen? I’ve heard it can be pretty effective… i couldn’t handle the cramps though…

I’m just gonna leave this here

8404c7d5d54ac75cb5d62565456137dc.jpg

Lol sorry bro I got nothing just look at my soft ass self… wish I could help man this thread made me suicidal just reading it tbh

Lol, hella funny. Bro you look good your on your way man! I have some clen just afraid to use it. Looking more for diet tips.

Dropping from 9 to 5% in 2 weeks is an extremely tall order. Nothing fancy man just have to continue to reduce calories and bump cardio if weight isn't coming off.

moar cardio + less food...

I would have given yourself more time also. the lower you are in body fat the harder it is to keep getting lower. Its a lot easier for a guy to drop 4% fat in 2 weeks when they are 20% than it is for a guy who is 9%.

Also fuck clen and t3... you think youre flat now, that shit will really take it out of you.

I just finished a cut and it was the most effective cut I have done. I started off carb cycling and it just wasn’t working for me. I felt like I was over complicating things way to much. I switched to a caloric deficit routine and didn’t cheat. Truth is less calories in than out is the formula. Let’s be real how much muscle do you think you will really lose in 2.5 weeks? The difference between people that get lean and those that get absolutely shredded isn’t found in a bottle, it is between their ears. It takes discipline and dedication. Get your BMR and then run a deficit off of that between calories and cardio and you will lose weight and if you are on gear less of the weight loss will be lean body tissue.

To be fair though I did add Clen and t3 in for the last section of my cut when I stopped seeing results.

Just my two cents.

I would have given yourself more time also. the lower you are in body fat the harder it is to keep getting lower. Its a lot easier for a guy to drop 4% fat in 2 weeks when they are 20% than it is for a guy who is 9%.

Also fuck clen and t3... you think youre flat now, that shit will really take it out of you.

The Clen made my cramps unreal and I already have an issue with cramping. I ran a low dose(to me) of tpp/npp/mast p to avoid muscle wasting from the t3 and I dropped a considerable amount of fat and lifts were consistent and even increased. Ended up ditching the Clen due to the cramping. Doesn’t do any good if I can’t do cardio and once I found the sweet spot it was a good cut.

The weeks before the Tampa show I was doing 2 1/2 hours of cardio a day, and I wasn’t exactly fat. Doubt I got down to 5%. Sometimes being realistic is the best path.

IML Gear Cream!
Thanks guys. Just going to continue cutting my calories keeping protein super high do 30min cardio a day. I think I'm more around 7% to be honest.

Like I said, I've never tried to lean out super hard. Trying my best. I'll do what ever it takes 500 calories a day is fine with me haha. I'll snap a pic and post to see what you guys think I'm at. I dont know man...

CoachCabo says do more cardio I'll do that. I've been researching so much and just can't find literally any information on how to. Nothing solid anyway. Everyone talking about getting lean in youtube videos aren't even as lean as I am now. So I can't take that advice. I feel like I may be making this too complicated for myself just need to come at it straight forward instead of going at it like a fucking scientist.

I just finished a cut and it was the most effective cut I have done. I started off carb cycling and it just wasn’t working for me. I felt like I was over complicating things way to much. I switched to a caloric deficit routine and didn’t cheat. Truth is less calories in than out is the formula. Let’s be real how much muscle do you think you will really lose in 2.5 weeks? The difference between people that get lean and those that get absolutely shredded isn’t found in a bottle, it is between their ears. It takes discipline and dedication. Get your BMR and then run a deficit off of that between calories and cardio and you will lose weight and if you are on gear less of the weight loss will be lean body tissue.

To be fair though I did add Clen and t3 in for the last section of my cut when I stopped seeing results.

Just my two cents.

Thank you bro. I definitely think I'm making this to complicated. I appreciate your advice.

I've been dieting for months and months just really trying to dial it in bro. I don't fuck with T3. Scared of clen and heart issues lol

Dude, I was just mentioning the cardio. It’s not realistic to do that much cardio. If you are 7% or even 10%, you’ll be the most shredded guy on the beach by a mile. That low of body fat is incredible for someone not stepping on stage. This is where the being real part applies.

Dude, I was just mentioning the cardio. It’s not realistic to do that much cardio. If you are 7% or even 10%, you’ll be the most shredded guy on the beach by a mile. That low of body fat is incredible for someone not stepping on stage. This is where the being real part applies.

Haha, id die doing that amount. Definitely going to step it up. 45mims a day. I know I'll look good. But its more of a personal goal for me. If I wanted to step on stage in the future, I was going to kind of use this as a blueprint.

All this for vacation? Seriously? Here's the mind fuck that *is* going to happen while you're on vacation... And I'm referring to OP, not coach. "Oh shit...I can't eat that, drink that, etc" And if you do, you're going to be beating yourself up for it. Is *that* the vacation you want? And on top of that, guys stepping on stage are usually feeling like crap due to everything they've done leading up to it. Good on ya, but damn. Coach is right, be realistic. And if you're going on vacation, I'm assuming you're going to have loved ones around you...gotta think about what you're doing and how it impacts their vacation too. Don't be a Debbie Downer.

All this for vacation? Seriously? Here's the mind fuck that *is* going to happen while you're on vacation... And I'm referring to OP, not coach. "Oh shit...I can't eat that, drink that, etc" And if you do, you're going to be beating yourself up for it. Is *that* the vacation you want? And on top of that, guys stepping on stage are usually feeling like crap due to everything they've done leading up to it. Good on ya, but damn. Coach is right, be realistic. And if you're going on vacation, I'm assuming you're going to have loved ones around you...gotta think about what you're doing and how it impacts their vacation too. Don't be a Debbie Downer.

God mother fuckin damn it your right... I don't know what I'm doing.. I started vacation prep 7 months ago lol.

I used the excuse to get back in the gym and now I'm hooked again. I need to relax. I dont know what I'm doing this for.. I just been doing it so long it feels normal to me.

Im going to eat good food for sure. Have fun and chill. Thanks man. Didn't think about it like that. I'm a psycho for sure.

Maybe I'm a little fatter then I thought. Couldn't get a good pic. Any way, just going to keep my calories around 1,500 for the next couple weeks do an extra 20min cardio a day and see where I'm at. Thanks guys
384ce4322a92c563eef495b449442bc9.jpg
f3cdfd78efe1328ad27e591d55f73e3b.jpg
71ae1ebadff057b13d7d482d0d721717.jpg

I don’t agree with less food, just less calories. Eat until your full, if you starve yourself your guaranteed to lose muscle. When I competed I dropped down from 13% to 5% in 20 weeks. I was eating a lot, mostly eggs, chicken, and steak, for protein and rice, cream of rice, and oatmeal for carbs. Its all cardio and diet, and being consistent.

Maybe I'm a little fatter then I thought. Couldn't get a good pic. Any way, just going to keep my calories around 1,500 for the next couple weeks do an extra 20min cardio a day and see where I'm at. Thanks guys

Fuck bro I don’t know how much leaner you can get Jesus

Get Shredded!
There’s no contest so don’t get excited…lol!

What BF do you think I am here? I doubt it was even down to 7%. I would have been miserable on vacation at this BF. It is impossible to sit down for any period comfortably.

Attachments

• A97628F0-707A-4E64-AAEB-5A82ED38DF17.jpeg
    A97628F0-707A-4E64-AAEB-5A82ED38DF17.jpeg
    294.1 KB · Views: 52
There’s no contest so don’t get excited…lol!

What BF do you think I am here? I doubt it was even down to 7%. I would have been miserable on vacation at this BF. It is impossible to sit down for any period comfortably.

Damn, you look great bro. If that's not even 7 then I'm more like 12%. Or more. Is this when you were doing all the cardio? Bad ass man, hardwork. Respect

I don’t agree with less food, just less calories. Eat until your full, if you starve yourself your guaranteed to lose muscle. When I competed I dropped down from 13% to 5% in 20 weeks. I was eating a lot, mostly eggs, chicken, and steak, for protein and rice, cream of rice, and oatmeal for carbs. Its all cardio and diet, and being consistent.

Good to know thank you man. I need to reevaluate my approach. I'm not doing something right

Damn, you look great bro. If that's not even 7 then I'm more like 12%. Or more. Is this when you were doing all the cardio? Bad ass man, hardwork. Respect
The only reason I say not 7% is because I got even leaner a month later.
Not sure how low someone can really go?
My point being that super low bodyfat for any reason other than competing seems unnecessary to me.

Attachments

• E5F431F6-12E1-4D90-A4C7-8DD2E46604A0.jpeg
    E5F431F6-12E1-4D90-A4C7-8DD2E46604A0.jpeg
    509.6 KB · Views: 48
The only reason I say not 7% is because I got even leaner a month later.
Not sure how low someone can really go?
My point being that super low bodyfat for any reason other than competing seems unnecessary to me.

I'm not sure ether. I seen some guys around 5 and looked insane. If you have the time, what was your diet a couple weeks out? how do you get the look of the Saran Wrapped biceps. You look really dry to. I feel I'm lean enough I guess just want that dry look. Is that from being even lower body fat? Thank you man.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck bro I don’t know how much leaner you can get Jesus

Haha, ya I think I'm stuck. I'm tryin tho!!

Those pictures aren't good for assessing total body fat because they don't show midsection, legs and glutes but you look plenty lean enough for any vacation and that's coming from a guy who would also diet down for beach vacations every year. I'd say your a solid 10% and that's very lean, lean enough.

Look how lean I am in my avatar. that's bulked up to 240, I drop down to 210-215 for my beach vacations.

Last edited:
“Dry” is fluid and mineral manipulation. Dry and full don’t always go together, although that’s the goal.

My diet was the same for 20 weeks. Only changes the last week. Didn’t exceed 90g carbs/day. Protein in the 300g range. Fats, I don’t count. My weight hovers at 200lbs in the prep after about 8 weeks.

Drugs and other detail in the log section “My non logging log”. Too much gear.

All right, this is the first time I've really tried to get super super lean not sure what the hell I'm doing any tips would be greatly appreciated from someone who got around 5%.

I've only bulked up. I stay pretty lean year round. I'm two and a half weeks out from my vacation. I'm probably around 8, or 9% right now. I've been carb cycling. One day high, 2 days low, one day zero. Then I refeed. I'm legitimately treating this like I'm getting ready for a show.

Today for instance eating six meals. 7oz 99% lean ground turkey. No fat no carbs. ZERO. Can't even have my protein shakes cuz it has a little in there and I'm really trying to do zero.

Can I maintain my muscle and size and get leaner like this or what would you guys do? Thinking about cycling in high-fat days when carbs are at zero. Am I doing to much. I'm pretty flat throughout the week but on my refeed days I fucking explode haha.

I just really have no idea what I'm doing. Thanks guys

Carb cycling.....

So, the way you're doing it isn't carb cycling....it's calorie reduction. If you're not increasing fats or protein on low days, it's just pulling calories which is fine, just clarifying.

I would personally pull out the "medium days" where you're between loading and low carb. 1 high, 2 low (not zero).

Scale weight comes into play when you're doing this though. You have to adjust your days so you're heavy the day after the load but a new low the morning of the load.

So if I was 250 the morning of my load, 254 the next morning, 2 low days and 248.5 the morning of my load, roll with it. If you're still at 250 the morning of your following load, you either loaded to much, wasn't in a big enough defecit during the low days or, not enough low days between.

Drugs play a part too....

There's just so much to take into account its really hard to give a solid answer.

Lay out your high day, low days, how many, Training frequency, cardio and drugs please.

I think you're leaner then you think you are btw

Back