• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

My TRT experience

Grayhawk845

Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Well I did my labs, talked to the doc and ordered up my TRT. I would be lying if I said I'm not nervous about this step. My T levels came in at 443 free test was 11 my estradiol level was at the bottom end of the range. She's was low and my thyroid level was at 6. In any event I'm just nervous about this and I don't know where else to vent , even if I don't get any response to this thread I don't care, I just needed to write it down somewhere so I can get over the nervousness lol.

Well I did my labs, talked to the doc and ordered up my TRT. I would be lying if I said I'm not nervous about this step. My T levels came in at 443 free test was 11 my estradiol level was at the bottom end of the range. She's was low and my thyroid level was at 6. In any event I'm just nervous about this and I don't know where else to vent , even if I don't get any response to this thread I don't care, I just needed to write it down somewhere so I can get over the nervousness lol.

Look under Testosterone Replacement Therapy tests for MD’s - even if the numbers are showing “normal” to her . If your having low t symptoms, maybe try an let her know your levels were always 1,100 or 980. So you had a 50% drop. Also ask her if she/he is open to getting you an Rx to see how things go . They all use different charts and the best thing you can do is have an Arsenal of info
079629b563f4609337f2662629f900cd.jpg

This chart shows a 54yr old should be above 500ng/nl , just sayin. Wasn’t sure what you were nervous about ….the next appointment or
MD turning you down?? Hope this helps . I use the old “I’m losing my relationship due to zero sex drive and it has nothing to do with erections. I also ask if they are familiar with Vyleesi for women and the reason is (it’s the only approved drug that increases a females sex drive besides test/estro (most don’t know it PT-141 (melanotan 1) and I bring up that a boost in test could save my relationship. Heck , I had an NP give me a huge Rx for Ed meds and some test Enanthate (200mg e14 days) . Gotta use all the effort or use a expensive TRT online or ….we do have sponsors.

Max

Ahhh, I worded this post wrong. I gave everyone the idea that I was turned down. My apologies for the confusion. No the doctor approved me. She asked about my symptoms, and they are zero sex drive, brain fog, no emotions. She agreed that technically I'm in range anywhere from 200-936 on LabCorp was considered " In range" but that in range is very subjective to the individual, and that my estradiol was very low on the LabCorp range scale.

In any event I'm getting dhea, trt, and anastrazole prescribed to me. The dhea seems expensive ($38)when I can buy a bottle at vitamine shop for $12

But the nervousness is coming from the knowledge that I'm probably going to be doing this the rest of my life... And the fact that my body has failed me. I've been through a lot of shit for lack of a better term, and through it all it's never let me down. I think I'm feeling like I'm staring into the abyss. It's weird, I don't know how to exactly put it into words. Sometimes just writing it out and conversation with those that have come before me makes it better

Ahhh, I worded this post wrong. I gave everyone the idea that I was turned down. My apologies for the confusion. No the doctor approved me. She asked about my symptoms, and they are zero sex drive, brain fog, no emotions. She agreed that technically I'm in range anywhere from 200-936 on LabCorp was considered " In range" but that in range is very subjective to the individual, and that my estradiol was very low on the LabCorp range scale.

In any event I'm getting dhea, trt, and anastrazole prescribed to me. The dhea seems expensive ($38)when I can buy a bottle at vitamine shop for $12

But the nervousness is coming from the knowledge that I'm probably going to be doing this the rest of my life... And the fact that my body has failed me. I've been through a lot of shit for lack of a better term, and through it all it's never let me down. I think I'm feeling like I'm staring into the abyss. It's weird, I don't know how to exactly put it into words. Sometimes just writing it out and conversation with those that have come before me makes it better

Well that is good to hear . Skip the dhea , you can get that here (the good kind). Stick to the plan and see how your numbers come out and how u feel. Congrats . If you don’t like it you always have options

Max

How old are you brother?

I'm in that situation where I'm in 400's, but my insurance say I'm fine. So, I have to pay out of pocket for TRT from clinic. Now, I'm 990 to 1100 and feeling great!

How old are you brother?
I'm 40. Been feeling like total crap for about 4 months, but thinking back I've had a decline in the past 2 years. Small things that didn't add up to much, and I never worried about it. I'm fairly self aware, and was a personal trainer for 5 years. So I have a basic understanding of my own body and how to listen to it.

IML Gear Cream!
Update: so I'm 3 weeks in on my TRT, .35 ml shots 2x/wk. My libido is back (makes my wife happy lol) the last 2 days I've noticed an increased emotional state, and yesterday my nipples started hurting, so started my AI yesterday which is 2x/wk as well.

I haven't been working out due to a month of fasting, but I work 2 jobs one being my own construction company so I'm outside lifting lumber and such. I noticed I lost some weight which I expected from the fast. I noticed last week though, I am HUNGRY all the time. I can easily chow down on a full size T-bone, a full potato, and a mountain of veggies, and still be hungry. I haven't eaten like this since I was a teenager. I don't know if I can afford the food lol

Update: so I'm 3 weeks in on my TRT, .35 ml shots 2x/wk. My libido is back (makes my wife happy lol) the last 2 days I've noticed an increased emotional state, and yesterday my nipples started hurting, so started my AI yesterday which is 2x/wk as well.

I haven't been working out due to a month of fasting, but I work 2 jobs one being my own construction company so I'm outside lifting lumber and such. I noticed I lost some weight which I expected from the fast. I noticed last week though, I am HUNGRY all the time. I can easily chow down on a full size T-bone, a full potato, and a mountain of veggies, and still be hungry. I haven't eaten like this since I was a teenager. I don't know if I can afford the food lol
So you're dose is 140mg/week? What is the purpose of the DHEA?

So you're dose is 140mg/week? What is the purpose of the DHEA?
Sounds about right 0.7ml /wk of test C which is 200mg/ml (I have no idea how to do the math on that.)
Doc recommended taking it as my DHEA-sulfate was on the low end... Let me see ahh 289.0 in a range of 102.6 - 416.3

I understand the nervousness and wanting to vent for sure. My last test came in at 263 for total and 4.93 for free back in March. Dr STILL refuses to do anything... says I am in the lower ok range.

Sounds about right 0.7ml /wk of test C which is 200mg/ml (I have no idea how to do the math on that.)
Doc recommended taking it as my DHEA-sulfate was on the low end... Let me see ahh 289.0 in a range of 102.6 - 416.3

I’m glad everything worked out. Some hate the constant injections. Aveed is only 6 injections a year and I love it . So if you get to the point where you hate taking shots , maybe try to get your insurance to cover Aveed or Nebido/Reandron if outside US .

Max
It’s testosterone undecanoate, btw .

A good TRT clinic will try to get your hormones to optimal levels so you start feeling great. Traditional lab numbers are pure shit. If your doc won't put you on test, try a TRT clinic.

I'm a cash pay guy for my TRT. It doesn't cost much and I'd rather my insurance not know a damn thing.

I shoot my quads 2x EW with a slin pin and it works great. My quads are on the leaner side so the 1/2" pin does the job. No need to use the harpoons from the old days.

Good luck and keep up on those labs. They're really important and worth the money! 👊

So have any of you experienced edema while on TRT? I'm on week 5 or 6 and this last week I've noticed swelling in my body, mainly fingers and forearms. No other side effects though. I'm not hugely concerned. As it might be related to salt intake. My wife cooked some meatballs and she doesn't understand that salt doesn't need to be brought in with a dump truck in my food. I eat it because I'm supposed to. She's not a good cook by any means, I do most of the cooking here, but with my schedule right now it's next to impossible to cook for a family of 4.

Other than that I feel great (currently have a cold) but I'm back to being myself. Sex drive is way up, my general well being is up as well. All in all I'm glad I got on the train!

the current standards are bullshit. Isn’t the low end like 299? That’s horrendous.
Dude I was 203ng/dL and I had an ENDO (an ENDO!!! Not a regular doctor mind you!) tell me that I was within range!! Hahaha! I was 24 years old at the time… unreal what these doctors suggest as “in range”

Its all a bunch of horse shit. Throw them all away and have everyone self prescribe their own hormones 😁

Dude I was 203ng/dL and I had an ENDO (an ENDO!!! Not a regular doctor mind you!) tell me that I was within range!! Hahaha! I was 24 years old at the time… unreal what these doctors suggest as “in range”

Its all a bunch of horse shit. Throw them all away and have everyone self prescribe their own hormones 😁
That's nuts. Wait, endodontist? 😁

Yeah Man 800-1000/1100 is a good place to be. That's pretty low.

Get Shredded!
I know this is an old thread- but op if u see this- in a year u'll be glad u got on trt- I try and keep my test in the 8- 1100 range. Usually closer to 11- lol or maybe a tad higher. Keep at it bro and let us know how ur doing- u'll be a pro before u know it- HR( and listen to guys like Max and Multi- they know what they're talking about) Good luck!

Not that old that I don't check it brother! Lol one thing that concerns me is my weight. I jumped about 15lbs. I've always been an easy 180 In the winter, And 175 in the summer. Currently sitting at 195 (I'm only 5'7") my numbers are going up everytime I touch the bar though. It's been a while since I was consistent but I never went above 225 in any lift except deadlift where I was at 315. I'm currently at 225 for 3 at 3 sets flat bench, 255 for 4 for 3 sets in my squat. Today is deadlift day so we'll see what I get.

Could I have really put on 15#'s in water weight? Current caloric intake is 1950/day

Back