Motivation

ozraelised

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hi everyone,

Want to reach the older gent around.
I had to be off training for 12 weeks. Had a good coach and program but "life hit me hard".
Life reminded me that time off is as important as training. Lol I know that and still pushed myself and the result is mental exhaustion.
I worked 50 hours a week, studied 20 hours a week, trained 5 times a week. Start seeing clients for my "practice" on top of that. Let's not forget the other things around. Everything became hard work. Cooking, cleaning going to the gym.

I had to find energy to just go to work.

Test level are good tests twice in the last 10 weeks. No issues there.

What strategies do you have to assist in such a situation?
How do I find my way back to the gym with balance ?

Cheers all appreciate your assistance.

zwhit

Registered
Reaction score
Just maintain brother. Some times there's more important things than gains. If you can just maintain 90% you'll get that 10% back in a matter of a couple months when things slow down for you.

If you're unable to recover from the stresses you're putting on your mind and body, you'll end up injured or burned out anyway. Just dial it back to a level you can maintain and recover from. You dont always have to be at your peak physical form if your focusing on other things in life

ozraelised

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thank you. Definitely restructuring, only aiming to 3 times a week to get to the gym. And over all nutrition is 90% ok.
I never thought my body will hit back so hard.
Good lesson to respect ourselves more

Deeman

Registered
Reaction score
Hang in there brother. Sometimes my lifes crazy busy as we all get that way. I always tell myself a little bit goes a long way if done right. Youll find the balance. My levels are great as well but sometimes daily stress can just turn you into a slug. Hold on and power through brother. Its all gonna turn out great

ozraelised

Registered
Reaction score
Hang in there brother. Sometimes my lifes crazy busy as we all get that way. I always tell myself a little bit goes a long way if done right. Youll find the balance. My levels are great as well but sometimes daily stress can just turn you into a slug. Hold on and power through brother. Its all gonna turn out great
That's the term that I needed to use a slug.
Thanks man.
Brain is good body is good just need the mental to get there as well.

Deeman

Registered
Reaction score
That's the term that I needed to use a slug.
Thanks man.
Brain is good body is good just need the mental to get there as well.
Its gonna come brother. And were all here to help as best we can. Stay positive my brother. Youll do it

Durro

At The Iron Pile
Board Rep
Reaction score
My gym opens at 4am ten minutes away I’ll be back home 5:20-5:40 Get it over with right away now you have the rest of the day to conquer 💪

zionoir626

Registered
Reaction score
To the OP...
Life is chalked full of curve balls..if it wasn't...it would be Boring..
I've been knocked out of the Box..more than Most, due to medical issues..
Pressing RESTART..gets fucking old...

Just got the shit knocked out of Me..few weeks ago..
Yet to make it back to the Gym..
BUT...
It's coming..very soon..!!

For Many....
It's a way of Life..a Lifestyle..
Eating Right..Training and RECOVERY...
Notice I didn't say Gear..!!
Because the Gear is such a small part of the Game..

Other Things take priority at Times..and said Lifestyle is interrupted..
No Big Deal..!!

Things have to work in Harmony..a Balance of All Things..
If the Family is not Right, neither will your WO's...
Or..Eating Correctly..
Sure as Hell..not your RECOVERY..

Often..returning with a clearer head, pinpoint focus and different goals..is achieved after Everything Else is Aligned..
That's Exactly where I'm at..Brother....
Z...

Ogre

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it's been tough! I could say, "That's life," but that's not very helpful, is it?

I'm tired. I mean, I'm really tired. At least once a week I say to myself, "I'm just so tired of being tired." So I get it!

One thing I've found can work for me is focusing on the short term. I'll plan things out for the upcoming week so that each day I can focus on just that. I know, come Thursday, I've got a hard run in the am, then work, then I'll be hitting the gym at lunch. I try not to think too much about what else is coming up the next day, and that helps me get everything done on each day. I don't know if that can work for you, but you could give it a shot.

Deeman

Registered
Reaction score
I do agree with Ogre. I Used to feel guilty for doing things for myself. Crazy right. But our health is important. Life throws us in crazy directions, but sometimes we gotta say no this is for me. Im positive youll do it brother

Cordless

Registered
Reaction score
Good mental health is extremely important, fortunately your in the right place. This forum is full of people willing to take the time to help out where they can. Knowing that your not alone in your struggles is priceless. Ogre and Deeman are right, nothing wrong with putting yourself first sometimes. You cant do anyone or yourself any good if your healths no good. Keep pushing forward and youll get through it.