• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Mental health

Capthowdy87

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I’m making this post bc a friend of mine killed himself yesterday . Don’t wana get into details about it bc I am not taking it well. Mainly bc he had depression issues , same as my own . Any one who’s knows me knows that is my #1 reason for being in the gym . Above all else . That’s why I went back to the gym in the first place when I started all this again. Therapy comes in different forms . I can’t sit there in an office and talk to stranger . Been there tried that. The only thing that helps is bangin weight. I Just wanted to say that if anyone ever needs to talk you can message me whenever . I know it sounds cliche cuz that’s what everyone says . But I know that fucking darkness all to well. I know how nearly impossible it is to crawl out of that hole when every thing seems hopeless to you. It’s not the end I promise .

Stormy1

Registered Member
Reaction score
Cool of you to offer bro. A lot of people suffering in silence. I’m a veteran and lots of vets taking their own lives. I’m a big advocate for the national suicide prevention hotline and post it frequently on my social media pages.

chadmack282

Registered Member
Reaction score
Props been there& its a daily Grind trying to battle the outside demons & the demons with in.

Lokbot

Registered Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry that you and your community have lost a member. I'm sorry that your friend went through so much pain that the only thing they could do in the moment to cope with it was to end their life. It's a terrible struggle and I know it well. I'm glad that you find clarity in the gym. My best times are when I'm hurdling down the side of a mountain on a bike or skis. Or sending a rock climbing route with a friend. It's those moments where everything else washes away. Keep fighting the good fight.

Lokbot

Registered Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry that you and your community lost a member. Depression is a beast and gnaws away at people. Glad that you have found a good way to deal with the darkness and are reaching out to support others.

zionoir626

Registered Member
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't see this before...my Brother
It hits fucking hard when it close.. I know the pain from Both sides..

My son had many friends...end it after Afghanistan..but he didn't..Thank God..but the scar...it won't heal..
Like Mine..
You have to learn to Somehow Live...and Live with IT..

I've taken the Blade and the Pills..22 bars of Xanax..and lived..
The Demons are Real..and they know when You are weak.. that's when they Come..!
Others that are Lucky..never know this weight,depression or self-hate..but others.. Very much Do..

Alone it will be impossible..but
With help from others,family and Great Friends...
We can start to...Let it Go
Z...

Capthowdy87

Registered Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry I never responded to this . I posted this in the wrong spot then couldn’t find it u til someone told me where it was today lol I’m going to repost this in the pit

Augustine5I

Carpet-Chewer
Registered Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry that you and your community have lost a member. I'm sorry that your friend went through so much pain that the only thing they could do in the moment to cope with it was to end their life. It's a terrible struggle and I know it well. I'm glad that you find clarity in the gym. My best times are when I'm hurdling down the side of a mountain on a bike or skis. Or sending a rock climbing route with a friend. It's those moments where everything else washes away. Keep fighting the good fight.

It’s called living in the moment.

No past thoughts. No future.

Your complete attention is on the moment at hand while you climb the mountain or whatever.

It’s actually part of the draw ppl sometimes have to these activities.

The present moment is all we have.

Eckart Tolle has videos and books that can change your life.

I promise you.

MindlessWork

Registered Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry I never responded to this . I posted this in the wrong spot then couldn’t find it u til someone told me where it was today lol I’m going to repost this in the pit

Ask a mod to move it there for you. Monte, Sherkinator or REHH could if you ask them nicely with a cherry on top lol jk.

But still this whole thing is sad no doubt. My brother's best friend offed himself 2 years ago and he's still saddened about it.

Last edited:

Twistedfords

Registered Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.

I’m making this post bc a friend of mine killed himself yesterday . Don’t wana get into details about it bc I am not taking it well. Mainly bc he had depression issues , same as my own . Any one who’s knows me knows that is my #1 reason for being in the gym . Above all else . That’s why I went back to the gym in the first place when I started all this again. Therapy comes in different forms . I can’t sit there in an office and talk to stranger . Been there tried that. The only thing that helps is bangin weight. I Just wanted to say that if anyone ever needs to talk you can message me whenever . I know it sounds cliche cuz that’s what everyone says . But I know that fucking darkness all to well. I know how nearly impossible it is to crawl out of that hole when every thing seems hopeless to you. It’s not the end I promise .

Over the years I have lost many friends to this very subject

Twistedfords

Registered Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.

I’m making this post bc a friend of mine killed himself yesterday . Don’t wana to get into details about it bc I am not taking it well. Mainly bc he had depression issues, the same as my own. Anyone who’s knows me knows that is my #1 reason for being in the gym. Above all else. That’s why I went back to the gym in the first place when I started all this again. Therapy comes in different forms. I can’t sit there in an office and talk to strangers. Been there tried that. The only thing that helps is bangin weight. I Just wanted to say that if anyone ever needs to talk you can message me whenever. I know it sounds cliche cuz that’s what everyone says. But I know that fucking darkness all too well. I know how nearly impossible it is to crawl out of that hole when everything seems hopeless to you. It’s not the end I promise.

Over the years I have lost many friends to this very subject. I have issues with seasonal depression. I never really knew till after school was done and I didn't have wrestling to rely on. Find what makes you happy. Know yourself. And leave pride at the door. Keep bangin weight and keep your friends close.

No matter the situation there has been someone who has been there already.

Don't be shy to just ask for help.

Panda

Registered Member
Reaction score
Late response to this but wanted to share as well. My brother killed himself a few years ago and I went off the wall for a while. Didn't do anything but workout, eat, sleep and fuck for two years straight. Had to eventually start working again cause I burned through all my money. Anyways dude, sorry for your loss.