• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Matt's Log

Rough week. I don't wanna go into detail but to add fuel to fire my ibs has been giving me the middle finger all week Things keep knocking me down but I won't stop getting up and I WILL get in a routine.

Just had a much NEEDED workout. I lterally feel like a different person now.

Decided to barbell bench. First time in months. I enjoyed it but my left shoulder sure didn't. It reminded me why not to flare my elbows and why I tend to stick to dumbbells
Bench press
135x5
165x5
185x5
225x3
225x2
205x3
135x8

Skull crushers 3x10-12
High Cable Flys 3x10-15
Unilateral reverse grip tricep cable ext 3x10-12
Rope tricep ext 3x10

Lateral raises
15s x 20
20s x 15
25s x 15
30s x 15

Stay tuned for info about me getting coached. It's coming.
It feels good to get back in there after missing a couple days!!

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

It feels good to get back in there after missing a couple days!!

It absolutely does. Its almost as good as having sex for the first time in days. Headphones in with hard rock rolling and the adrenaline starts flowing. You start shaking on the inside and feel like you could pick some punk up and throw them across the room for texting on a machine. Ahhhh such a great feeling!!!!

It absolutely does. Its almost as good as having sex for the first time in days. Headphones in with hard rock rolling and the adrenaline starts flowing. You start shaking on the inside and feel like you could pick some punk up and throw them across the room for texting on a machine. Ahhhh such a great feeling!!!!
No tren for me. I used to get that feeling...

I remember when I OHPed 265 for a few reps (it was 4 or 5 - can't remember) one day on tren. I was like, "Im actually kinda strong!"

My shoulders hurt all the damn time now. Getting older sucks!!

My coach has requested to remain anonymous at this time but I'm very confident he's going to help me crush my goals. He's a busy guy and doesn't want any advertising at this time. I literally just got setup with him and I'm already impressed with him. I'm excited to see what he has in store for me. He understands my need to not go balls to the wall right out the gate and is willing to gradually add intensity, volume etc over time with me. I got to say I do miss the days of just being able to go balls to the wall with no negative outcomes but that just isn't feasible for me at this point in time given the amount of hours I work + my fight with adrenal insufficiency + IBS + IBD, etc. I am in this for the long haul though so I know the long game is the one I need to play.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm over here making that $$

My coach has requested to remain anonymous at this time but I'm very confident he's going to help me crush my goals. He's a busy guy and doesn't want any advertising at this time. I literally just got setup with him and I'm already impressed with him. I'm excited to see what he has in store for me. He understands my need to not go balls to the wall right out the gate and is willing to gradually add intensity, volume etc over time with me. I got to say I do miss the days of just being able to go balls to the wall with no negative outcomes but that just isn't feasible for me at this point in time given the amount of hours I work + my fight with adrenal insufficiency + IBS + IBD, etc. I am in this for the long haul though so I know the long game is the one I need to play.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm over here making that $$
Me too man. Switched to a double today.

Get that $!!

Got my program from my coach and got started today. My shoulders was on FIRE the whole time and shaking towards the end of the workout. Stretched between each set bc man my shoulders are so tight.

Shoulders, Tris, abs

-Standing cable rear delt fly
3 x 15,12,10 + back off top set for 15 reps

-Incline Smith Press
3 x 12,10,8 + 15 rep back off after 8 rep top set

-DB side Laterals (Suppose to do cable but apparently half the high-schoolers in town come at that time now)
3 x 15,12,10 + 15 rep back off

- Bent over Dumbbell Rear Delt Raise Pronated Grip
2 x 15, 12, + 10 partial reps after full reps

-Machine shoulder Press (Suppose to do DB but I couldn't maintain form bc I had jello shoulders and was shaking super bad at this point)
3 x 12, 10, 8 + top set drop for 15 reps

-Dips
30 reps (Was supposed to do 50 but I just couldn't make it happen THIS time)

-Hanging Knee Raises
50 reps total

-Abs machine
50 reps total

Was a great workout but started feeling sick. Nausea and heart burn so I skipped cardio. Hopefully I'm feeling better tomorrow.

I'll get some diet log entries up this week :)

Got my program from my coach and got started today. My shoulders was on FIRE the whole time and shaking towards the end of the workout. Stretched between each set bc man my shoulders are so tight.

Shoulders, Tris, abs

-Standing cable rear delt fly
3 x 15,12,10 + back off top set for 15 reps

-Incline Smith Press
3 x 12,10,8 + 15 rep back off after 8 rep top set

-DB side Laterals (Suppose to do cable but apparently half the high-schoolers in town come at that time now)
3 x 15,12,10 + 15 rep back off

- Bent over Dumbbell Rear Delt Raise Pronated Grip
2 x 15, 12, + 10 partial reps after full reps

-Machine shoulder Press (Suppose to do DB but I couldn't maintain form bc I had jello shoulders and was shaking super bad at this point)
3 x 12, 10, 8 + top set drop for 15 reps

-Dips
30 reps (Was supposed to do 50 but I just couldn't make it happen THIS time)

-Hanging Knee Raises
50 reps total

-Abs machine
50 reps total

Was a great workout but started feeling sick. Nausea and heart burn so I skipped cardio. Hopefully I'm feeling better tomorrow.

I'll get some diet log entries up this week :)
You're probably just not adjusted to the volume. I expect this workout will be easier the 3rd or 4th time you do it 👍

You're probably just not adjusted to the volume. I expect this workout will be easier the 3rd or 4th time you do it 👍
I think you're exactly right sir. I had definitely been under training. My shoulders more so than anything. The volume on say chest on my program is similar to what I'd been doing. So basically I was "ok" in some areas and drastically lacking in others. I'm sure I'll get adjusted like you said. It might just suck a little in the process but I'm completely down with embracing the suck to obtain the benefits.

I think you're exactly right sir. I had definitely been under training. My shoulders more so than anything. The volume on say chest on my program is similar to what I'd been doing. So basically I was "ok" in some areas and drastically lacking in others. I'm sure I'll get adjusted like you said. It might just suck a little in the process but I'm completely down with embracing the suck to obtain the benefits.
Got to take the good with the "bad" 😅

IML Gear Cream!
Did legs tonight. I had to reduce the volume just a bit compared to what my program calls for. I'm fighting a virus or something. Got some flu symptoms. Glad I was able to get some work done though! Will up volume next week hopefully!

Legs

Plate loaded Leg Press

4 x 15, 12, 10, 8

Smith Machine Squat

3 x 15 straight sets

RDLs

2 x 15 10,8 I got to work on my form with these. I feel so awkward doing them but I like them a lot.

Lying Leg curls

3 x 15, 12, 10 + top set back off 1 and a 1/2 rep finisher.

Leg Ext.

3 x 15, 12, 10 + top set back off 1 and a 1/2 finisher.

Standing Calf raises

3 x 15

Only doing 300mg of test atm. Just working on getting going with my program and obviously working on getting use to the volume.

Nice, seeing you active again Matt. Love the routines. Shoulders are actually very similar to mine. The great John meadows always emphasized hitting rear delts first, since it’s what most lack to get the full round delt effect. Been doing it since, always start off with rear delts then spam lateral raises, dumbbells, machine, cables. I don’t really overhead press, not needed imo to build the shoulders. I’ll do a few sets once in a while just for overhead strength. Anyways, good luck, will be following.

Chest and Abs today. Had to trim just a little volume off. Shoulders are still toast. Left shoulder was giving me the middle finger hard-core today. The shoulder pain is actually from last week when I barbell benched and I flared my elbows like an idiot grinding out a rep. It's just more sore now.

Flat machine Press
3 x 12,10,8 + back off set for 15
Flat Bench DB Press
3 x 12, 10, 8
DB Incline Bench press
2 x 10,8
Cable Flies
3 x 15, 12, 10 + top set drop for 15
Pec deck
3 x 15, 12, 10
Dips
30 reps
Hanging knee Raises
30 reps
Ab machine
50 reps

20 minutes treadmill steady state

Trying to get 6 meals + snacks a day but only managed 4 today

Meal 1 pre workout 1 cup of oats, 1 cup of berries, 34g almond butter, 4 jimmy dean turkey sausage patties, Thomas blueberry English muffin(why do they have to taste SO good 😬)

38g liquid carbs intra workout

Meal 2 post workout 11oz chicken breast 240g jasmine rice

Meal 3 2 scoops whey, banana, apple

Meal 4 8oz chicken breast and broccoli

289 P
329 C
68F

Nice workout,good food..big yes on those Thomas, but I like cinnamon swirl w raisins, put the nut butter on it 😋

Idk man the blueberry is pretty kick ass. They are super moist. Moist is good.
We usually have both in my house..
Try the bread??
2 slices almond butter and sliced banana 🍌 on it 😋

I was just about to comment about those cinnamon swirl ones. Addicting!
My quick run out the door breakfast is that
And cup eggwhites mixed w diet cran grape juice

Back and Bis. Was able to do all the volume with this workout minus 8 mins of cardio I didn't have time to do.

Plate loaded Pulldown - Sinlge Arm
3 x 12, 10, 8

Chest supported T Bar Row
3 x 12, 10, 8, + 15 rep back off set

Cable neutral grip pulldown
3 x 12, 10, 8, + 15 rep back off set

Plate loaded Row
3 x 12, 10, 8

Single Arm Cable Pullover
3 x 15, 12, 10

DB Preacher Curls
3 x 12, 10, 8, + 15 rep top set drop

Standing Cable Curls
3 x 12, 10, 8

Cardio
22 minutes treadmill (was in a time crunch)

This completed my first week with my new coach. I'm very pleased! I didn't realize how much I was leaving in the tank at the gym by not following a structured workout. Yeah I fell a little short on some of the workouts and had to trim a little volume off but that is short term. I'm confident it won't take me long to be able to do all the workouts in their entirety.

I got 4 workouts in this week and I can honestly say that if I hadn't had this workout schedule from my coach I probably wouldn't of pushed my ass to workout after a 12 hour shift.

Haven't felt well this week but still got some work done.

I'm excited for what's to come. Thanks to my coach and thanks to everyone that is following me on my journey. He has me currently eating around maintenance with the plan of establishing a routine before we start pushing food. I'm a big fan of this approach and I'm confident it is exactly what I need atm.

300mg Test E per week atm only. I know I can make some gains or at least get some recomp over the coming days on that.

Much love to all you guys for following along.

Back