• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Marijuana & Weight Lifting

NotoriousDev25

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Just wondering what everyone’s out look on this is? Many people claim that it helps them with downing food during a bulk. However, some claim that it pulls them away from their diet and makes them lazy..

Ive smoked on and off my entire life, but personally it makes me lazy and for some reason I get the opposite effect of the muniches.. kills my appetite. So smoking is no longer an option for me.

Anyone else have any experience with it?

Cannabis can help with cardio if used correctly. Smoking huge amounts will make you lazy, but a deep drag 30 min before a workout can expand the lungs and help with cardio.

I burn a blunt on the way to the gym everyday. Keeps me focused and I’m able to push further. Now I am one that caffeine slows my mind down so I’m ass backwards

I burn a blunt on the way to the gym everyday. Keeps me focused and I’m able to push further. Now I am one that caffeine slows my mind down so I’m ass backwards
havnt smoked a blunt in years lol, a nice grape swisher sounds fabulous

I use to burn one before the gym in the morning too with my partner couple years back.. but that was before I started dieting and all lol.

The last couple months I’ve really been experimenting.. I’d smoke flower out of my pipe and go to the gym. I’d roll a blunt some days. Other days I smoke dabs (wax). I’d mix in sober days in the midst.. I’ve tried smoking a little and I’ve tried smoking a lot. The conclusion that I’ve come to .. personally, is I like to go sober. I noticed my endurance 90% of the time was better, and usually I was stronger.

People talk about the “focus” but man the reps seem to go by soooo slow when I’m high! So that was a hard mental game to have to overcome too!

Also, I am one in which caffeine makes me lethargic. But to conclude, I love to smoke AS SOON AS I leave the gym, it’s like my reward. Then I go home and chow down and drink a shake!

When I first started smoking i definitely feel as if I had started to slack off on lifting, but once you do it for so long, the desire to laze around really goes away (at least in my experience.)

A drug can have a different effect on anyone. It can cause as much anxiety in some people as it fixes it in others. Appetite as well.

I don't feel like smoking has a place in weight training. But for some, I believe it can help with recovery.

Just wondering what everyone’s out look on this is? Many people claim that it helps them with downing food during a bulk. However, some claim that it pulls them away from their diet and makes them lazy..

Ive smoked on and off my entire life, but personally it makes me lazy and for some reason I get the opposite effect of the muniches.. kills my appetite. So smoking is no longer an option for me.

Anyone else have any experience with it?

I smoked for 12 years, everyday. I was a twig. Literally. It wasn't until I stopped smoking that I finally made myself eat what was required to gain and also to go to the gym. I started smoking again last year and I stared eating less again and started skipping gym sessions. When I did go to the gym they were good workouts. The problem was that I would find it harder to even want to go in the first place. Plus I wasn't eating enough and when I did eat it wasn't the right foods.
I will never start smoking again. It would cause me to become the old me and I won't let that happen. It sucks because I love weed but I've realized that I am better without it.

IML Gear Cream!
I like the strains that mellow you out at the end of a day, after weight training, after work, etc... I did use it pre-workout many years ago, it was OK, but didnt like the feeling in the lungs when exercising.

I don't really smoke before the gym exactly. I'll toke sometimes in the morning before work or something, but I safe the smoking for once I am home and showered. Then it's time to pack up something and get lifted.

I smoked for 12 years, everyday. I was a twig. Literally. It wasn't until I stopped smoking that I finally made myself eat what was required to gain and also to go to the gym. I started smoking again last year and I stared eating less again and started skipping gym sessions. When I did go to the gym they were good workouts. The problem was that I would find it harder to even want to go in the first place. Plus I wasn't eating enough and when I did eat it wasn't the right foods.
I will never start smoking again. It would cause me to become the old me and I won't let that happen. It sucks because I love weed but I've realized that I am better without it.

That last sentence really hit the nail on the head I think. I truly love marijuana, however as much as I hate to admit it, I think I’m a better me in many ways without it.

I’m on day 5 no weed and it’s tough haha. Only a 3-4 week break to reset my tolerance but I think I’m gonna go back to just smoking in the evening time, when I’ve already got my workout in for the day, no more shit to do, and I’m ready to plop my ass in front of the television!

That last sentence really hit the nail on the head I think. I truly love marijuana, however as much as I hate to admit it, I think I’m a better me in many ways without it.

I’m on day 5 no weed and it’s tough haha. Only a 3-4 week break to reset my tolerance but I think I’m gonna go back to just smoking in the evening time, when I’ve already got my workout in for the day, no more shit to do, and I’m ready to plop my ass in front of the television!

Every time I would quit for a while and then start again I would always tell myself that I would only do it in the evenings and after work. It never lasted. It always ended up being all day everyday. If you can control it great. For me that never worked though.

I can god honestly say that if I smoked pot its off to the races for me. I haven’t smoked in a couple years and I’m much better off without it. I know I wouldn’t be working out, I’d be on the couch, watching tv and mindlessly eating junk. I was one of those Pot heads that fell asleep with the pipe in my hand and usually woke up with it in the same hand and right as I woke up, I hit that fucker. High 24/7 no breaks. Got bronchitis all the damn time. Although, marijuana is actually a bronchial dilator it only last for about 30-60 minutes, for me. I get dumb and lazy and careless. Honestly, I think weed has no place in body building or weight training. I’m not against the stuff, but, depending on your goals and lifestyle, I’d say it’s going to do hinder some things and progress.

I remember when I played hockey, I always got blitzed before the game. Made me super slow and I could hardly play. I’d miss passes and look like an idiot. But in my mind I thought it made me a better player. 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can god honestly say that if I smoked pot its off to the races for me. I haven’t smoked in a couple years and I’m much better off without it. I know I wouldn’t be working out, I’d be on the couch, watching tv and mindlessly eating junk. I was one of those Pot heads that fell asleep with the pipe in my hand and usually woke up with it in the same hand and right as I woke up, I hit that fucker. High 24/7 no breaks. Got bronchitis all the damn time. Although, marijuana is actually a bronchial dilator it only last for about 30-60 minutes, for me. I get dumb and lazy and careless. Honestly, I think weed has no place in body building or weight training. I’m not against the stuff, but, depending on your goals and lifestyle, I’d say it’s going to do hinder some things and progress.

I remember when I played hockey, I always got blitzed before the game. Made me super slow and I could hardly play. I’d miss passes and look like an idiot. But in my mind I thought it made me a better player. 🤣

Weed makes me into a useless stereotypical stoner. I was pretty much like you in your description while using it . I’d burn through an ounce every 3 days or so.

This is exactly how i feel 100%.. love smoking, but just can’t do it anymore considering the consequences that come with it

It’s all in how you handle it man, I’ve had some of my best workouts High as a kite. some just wanna lay around and eat shit food, I’ve never had issues with it hindering my motivation to go to the gym but I also had been a smoker for years when I got into working out so I was pretty much past the “hungry, happy, sleepy” phase.

I smoked daily for 15 years. Used to like to smoke a bowl before I worked out. Helped get in the zone and better “mind to muscle” concentration. As of a couple years ago, can’t do it anymore. Makes me nervous as hell and like Notorious said, the consequences just aren’t worth it. I enjoy not smoking now as much as I used to enjoy smoking. Had to get my priorities straight.

Get Shredded!
A pre-workout edible will almost always add an undeniable enhancement to my mind muscle connection - however as a strength focused lifter this doesn't really matter much to me and can actually make the weights feel heavier if I don't control my buzz. When harnessed correctly I find a narrowing of focus, a lessening of peripheral awareness, and a degree of pain relief in the joints - the warped perception of time can be especially useful for getting through a somewhat tedious 10x3 @high(ish) %ages of your 1RM.

I've never tried smoking and lifting but from my experience with bud I don't think it would help me in the gym at all.

For me it really depends on the type of herb. The indicas make me wanna sleep. I like the sativas for more of an uppity/motivational high. But hey thats what works for me.

It's no bueno for gains. Fucks with your appetite and drive. Weed is good for getting high.

A lot of people like smoking before lifting. I had a friend who was a monster but could only go to the gym when he was high. Smoking can help lower inhibitions and can lead to heavier lifts without your CNS tensing up.
Me personally... don’t use it often, but I’ve had some good experiences with it. But sometimes it gives me anxiety and I don’t wanna stay in he gym. For cardio, 10-15 mg of adderall works great.

Back