• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Lost the burn.

Ghost Dog

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
The only metal I crush is aluminum, but I do have a chin-up bar, push-up handles, and a spring-loaded BullWorker bow that used to give me a nice burn after 50 reps or so. I don't get that burn anymore, even after changing the spring and increasing the reps. Why do you think that is?

PapapumpCOS

Registered Member
Reaction score
The only metal I crush is aluminum, but I do have a chin-up bar, push-up handles, and a spring-loaded BullWorker bow that used to give me a nice burn after 50 reps or so. I don't get that burn anymore, even after changing the spring and increasing the reps. Why do you think that is?
What exactly are you taking about?

Ghost Dog

Registered Member
Reaction score
What exactly are you taking about?

A Bullworker Bow is a spring-loaded device that provides both contraction and isometric tension. I use it for the chest muscles, and initially it gave me a good burn. After about a year, the burn went away, along with some of the results. I inserted a stronger spring and increased my reps, but the burn did not return. Do you have any thoughts or theories on why this may have happened?

Skip Foursome

Gym Derelict
Registered Member
Reaction score
Repeating the same exercise on same machine will eventually become less and less results.

I would recommend using a different machine or motion to mix it up and restart the growth of new muscle.

CoachCabo

Registered Member
Reaction score
My Thigh Master got easy after a while. It was really hard squeezing between my butt cheeks though. I have been trying to find heavier shake weights since those are giving me a burn either.
Until Tony Little designs a way for my Gazzelle to be harder, cardio just ain’t getting my heart rate up anymore.

Skip Foursome

Gym Derelict
Registered Member
Reaction score
Not good when a member is trying to get an answer and half the responses are from smart asses.

This place is doomed.

CoachCabo

Registered Member
Reaction score
It’s because it seemed trollish, new guy and all. But looking at his other posts, it doesn’t appear to be his game as the other posts seem in earnest. I thought it an opportunity for levity. But I suppose many post, even serious ones are sometimes good for a solid belly laugh.

hot rod

Registered Member
Reaction score
do more reps than u have been doing. Maybe change ur technique a little. I do 5 different kinds of pushups. It does make a difference. Good luck!