• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Lipid Panel Low HDL

Wacker

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
My HDL is 24 which is about 15pts low, my LDL is 74 which is with in healthy ranges. This was taken while on cycle which my doctor is aware of, he said tells me the only thing that will bring up my HDL is cardio 4-5 times a week. According to him supplements won't help while I am using gear, but cardio in addition to weights will.

What do you guys do or take?

Wiseguy

Registered Member
Reaction score
Fish oil 6000 mg daily, GW, Metamucil twice daily
30 days after tren and winstrol cycle at age 57 my cholesterol is 149 with good cholesterol at 80. Give it a go.

Wacker

Registered Member
Reaction score
Fish oil 6000 mg daily, GW, Metamucil twice daily
30 days after tren and winstrol cycle at age 57 my cholesterol is 149 with good cholesterol at 80. Give it a go.

Sorry, what is GW? I am going to give this a try.

Wiseguy

Registered Member
Reaction score
Cardarine it’s a SARM. Absolutely amazing for weight loss and endurance

Rot-Iron66

Registered Member
Reaction score
If you have a genetic disposition for lipid problems, supplements will do very little. (OR if you're on a heavy cycle).
Once you go off cycle, get re-tested, things will look much better. That being said, the fish oil, bergamot and other things normally done, will help a little.
So better to use them, than to not IMO...

Richardbrown

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
My HDL is 24 which is about 15pts low, my LDL is 74 which is with in healthy ranges. This was taken while on cycle which my doctor is aware of, he said tells me the only thing that will bring up my HDL is cardio 4-5 times a week. According to him supplements won't help while I am using gear, but cardio in addition to weights will.

What do you guys do or take?
Montor your weight, as well your MACRO daily intake. increased physical activity can lower your triglycerides, the most common type of fat in your body, while increasing your HDL levels. Benefits can be seen with as little as 60 minutes of moderate intensity aerobic exercise a week.

Battousai

Registered Member
Reaction score
Why is your total cholesterol so low? Are you on statins?

Wacker

Registered Member
Reaction score
Why is your total cholesterol so low? Are you on statins?
No according to my doctor my HDL is really low from using gear and AI's, everything else is within healthy range. To get that up while still blasting and cruising he said cardio was pretty much the only thing that would help raise it. According to him food and supplements will make little to no changes because I already eat right.

Cholesterol, Total 115
Triglycerides 85
HDL Cholesterol 24
VLDL Cholesterol Cal 17
LDL Chol Calc (NIH) 74

Battousai

Registered Member
Reaction score
I was talking about total cholesterol. I probably shouldn't get into my views of cholesterol levels and how most medical doctors have one class in the 8 years of their degree. My total cholesterol is above 200 but my hdl and ldl are pretty much even. Doctors are taught that anything below 200 ng/dl is unhealthy, which is farthest from the truth, but anyway, everyone makes their own decisions.

Wacker

Registered Member
Reaction score
I was talking about total cholesterol. I probably shouldn't get into my views of cholesterol levels and how most medical doctors have one class in the 8 years of their degree. My total cholesterol is above 200 but my hdl and ldl are pretty much even. Doctors are taught that anything below 200 ng/dl is unhealthy, which is farthest from the truth, but anyway, everyone makes their own decisions.
Appreciate the input.

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No according to my doctor my HDL is really low from using gear and AI's, everything else is within healthy range. To get that up while still blasting and cruising he said cardio was pretty much the only thing that would help raise it. According to him food and supplements will make little to no changes because I already eat right.

Cholesterol, Total 115
Triglycerides 85
HDL Cholesterol 24
VLDL Cholesterol Cal 17
LDL Chol Calc (NIH) 74
Your HDL is most likely smashed from using the orals, get off them period.
And just get yourself on a healthier wellness plan.
It doesn't have to be complicated, and you don't have to be aggressive with this.
You don't have to grind in cardio like a madman.
Just get your cardio in, keep yourself very hydrated.
And just give your body a break.
Your doctor isn't wrong.. I'd listen to him..

Reactions: 220

Wacker

Registered Member
Reaction score
Your HDL is most likely smashed from using the orals, get off them period.
And just get yourself on a healthier wellness plan.
It doesn't have to be complicated, and you don't have to be aggressive with this.
You don't have to grind in cardio like a madman.
Just get your cardio in, keep yourself very hydrated.
And just give your body a break.
Your doctor isn't wrong.. I'd listen to him.

Was not on orals for over a year or more, just goin to stick with light cardio I was more concerned about it than him. I think it’s the AI

Glycomann

Registered Member
Reaction score

Not using orals?? Were you using DHT derivatives like primo or strong androgens like Tren?

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Was not on orals for over a year or more, just goin to stick with light cardio I was more concerned about it than him. I think it’s the AI
I should have been more clear that's what I was referring to what I mentioned the orals because my AI was also smashing my HDL, I made a post about this the other night.
I was in the same exact situation that you were in.
I changed up my AIs , I no longer use arimidex, and I strictly use Masteron and lot of Proviron.. Proviron has zero impact or effects on lipids.. that with mast do pretty well with manipulating the amount of estrogen and circulation.
Like I said prior you don't need to go crazy with the cardio, and you returned with saying you're going to stick with your light cardio, so right there you're already heading in the right direction.