• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Lets talk BP meds

Niteboss

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I am genetically prone to high BP. Runs on my fathers side.

Last time at doctors visit he wanted me to start taking mess for it. Told him I wanted something mild. Cuz I hear all these horror stories about bad sides. Last few visits I was 170/70-80. No tighness of chest or ear ringing. Usually my BP is round 130/60-70. But has slowly gotten worse.

So he put me on Amlodipine Besylate 5mg. Well 2 months into them and my feet,ankles,wrists and hands swelled up. Was so bad my ankles looked like I had edema. Fucking cankles man. One of the listed side effects. So I stopped taking them. It has taken a monthfor the swelling to go down. And still not back to where there before I started.

What BP meds do you take? What have you tried? But resorted to what your using now.

I am genetically prone to high BP. Runs on my fathers side.

Last time at doctors visit he wanted me to start taking mess for it. Told him I wanted something mild. Cuz I hear all these horror stories about bad sides. Last few visits I was 170/70-80. No tighness of chest or ear ringing. Usually my BP is round 130/60-70. But has slowly gotten worse.

So he put me on Amlodipine Besylate 5mg. Well 2 months into them and my feet,ankles,wrists and hands swelled up. Was so bad my ankles looked like I had edema. Fucking cankles man. One of the listed side effects. So I stopped taking them. It has taken a monthfor the swelling to go down. And still not back to where there before I started.

What BP meds do you take? What have you tried? But resorted to what your using now.

170/70-80 was on gears and caffeine bad stupid timing on my part to goto dr.
But as I mentioned it is usually alot lower, thats when off gears.

Was first put on lisinapril, had the dreaded caugh. Then doc put me on losartan 50mg, and I've had zero sides.

40mg Lisinapril here. No sides for me whatsoever. Can't tell I'm taking anytbing. Also take cholesterol meds too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

JR has me looking into Clonidine... seems like it has way less sides and helps with general anxiety too

Atorvastatin. 20mg. It's a Lipitor generic. You on one as well?

I'm probably going to have another blood pressure med added. My last check up my BP is still constantly high. I convinced him to give me 2 months to change my diet to see if that helps. So far it's still high...in the 150ish range/90ish. I check mine every day.

I'll gladly add the other meds if my diet doesn't help. High BP is nothing to screw around with. All my uncle's and aunts have had heart attacks. My dad had 5 of them, a triple bypass and then a 6-bypass. His last heart attack killed him. Killed his dad as well.

High BP is not something to take lightly.

I'm probably going to have another blood pressure med added. My last check up my BP is still constantly high. I convinced him to give me 2 months to change my diet to see if that helps. So far it's still high...in the 150ish range/90ish. I check mine every day.

I'll gladly add the other meds if my diet doesn't help. High BP is nothing to screw around with. All my uncle's and aunts have had heart attacks. My dad had 5 of them, a triple bypass and then a 6-bypass. His last heart attack killed him. Killed his dad as well.

I was on lipitor for 18 years then my liver soured on it
Crazy, my liver values are only slightly elevated on methylated orals but I take 10mg of lipitor and both AST and ALT are in the 100s.

I know you cannot even drive a commercial vehicle if BP is over 140/85.

Doctor told me long term BP like that does have severe effect on kidneys. The filters in your kidneys cannot handle the pressure. I try and stay at or under 120s/70s if I can.

IML Gear Cream!
And your Losartin does the trick? Maybe ill suggest it when I go back for the checkup.

Here's mine for the last couple days
e0ec3de769a41b8bb556e1cdef98bbb3.jpg

Im not on any cholesterol meds. My cholesterol isnt outta wack Yet.
He wants to just try bp meds now.

My dad and grandfather both died of heart attack. And my uncle has had a heart attack and bypass surgery. But all 3 were real alcoholics and smokers. I dont drink anymore. But do have a nicotine addiction.

My dr is starting me tomorrow on the diuretic Aldactone for high BP. I know its a potassium sparing diuretic i want to say 25mg daily is what they are starting me on. Any one know anything about it or have experience with taking a diuretic daily?

I keep 4 different ones on hand year round. They work in different ways.

Metaprolo = it's just Ok for lowering my numbers but works great on BPM
and that hard thumping of my heart when I need it.
No sides

Lisinopril = I use this when running orals cuz I know my BP is gonna be a little high for a few weeks or longer if I'm running a oil compound that raises my BP.
No sides.

HCTZ = This is a diuretic used to control BP via water removal from intt.space.
Sides = I wake up to piss 4-5 times throughout my sleep time and get dehydrated very quickly as I don't retain much water.

Clonidine = MY FAVORITE.!! It's very fast acting and can drop my Sys. and Dy. numbers by alot. It also gives me anxiety relief. Just gotta be careful cuz it can bottom out a persons BP if already taking other BP meds or boner pills.
Sides = My hands and feet get cold., little groggy if not doing something.

I don't use BP meds daily., I use them for when it spikes. I will take 20mg Lisinopril daily if running orals that raise
my BP or other oil compounds cuz I know it's gonna stay high until I stop the orals or the compound that causes
it.
Those ^^^ are just MY PERSONAL experiences and will most likely vary
from person to person.

Sometimes a Dr has to try a few different BP meds until he finds the best one that suits you with zero or
minimal sides.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I keep 4 different ones on hand year round. They work in different ways.

Metaprolo = it's just Ok for lowering my numbers but works great on BPM
and that hard thumping of my heart when I need it.
No sides

Lisinopril = I use this when running orals cuz I know my BP is gonna be a little high for a few weeks or longer if I'm running a oil compound that raises my BP.
No sides.

HCTZ = This is a diuretic used to control BP via water removal from intt.space.
Sides = I wake up to piss 4-5 times throughout my sleep time and get dehydrated very quickly as I don't retain much water.

Clonidine = MY FAVORITE.!! It's very fast acting and can drop my Sys. and Dy. numbers by alot. It also gives me anxiety relief. Just gotta be careful cuz it can bottom out a persons BP if already taking other BP meds or boner pills.
Sides = My hands and feet get cold., little groggy if not doing something.

I don't use BP meds daily., I use them for when it spikes. I will take 20mg Lisinopril daily if running orals that raise
my BP or other oil compounds cuz I know it's gonna stay high until I stop the orals or the compound that causes
it.
Those ^^^ are just MY PERSONAL experiences and will most likely vary
from person to person.

Sometimes a Dr has to try a few different BP meds until he finds the best one that suits you with zero or
minimal sides.

good read. Thank you

good read. Thank you
Your welcome. Just remember that those meds I mentioned are how they work for MY
body. I imagine side effects or effectiveness
could be different if taken on a regular basis.

Get Shredded!
High blood pressure runs in my family. I am on:

20mg lisinopril
5mg amlodipine besylate

No sides at all.

Meds work differently for different people. You really need to work with your doctor to find out what works best for you

Telmisartan. Whole host of other benefits besides lowering bp. Google it

Went to doctors yesterday with a list of meds from this thread. He wrote me a script for Losartin. Gonna try this out for 3 months. If its not kosher with my body he said we'll try another one.

Thabks for all the helps guys.

Losartan did fuck all for me

JR has me looking into Clonidine... seems like it has way less sides and helps with general anxiety too

And ADHD supposedly.

I thought you were already taking it and got it from reliablerx or whatever?

Back