• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Lab results are in, help please!

Apocalyptic Warlord

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Lab results are in and I would greatly appreciate any advice you guys may have.

I’m 44 and have never run any gear at all. Looking to tighten up, drop a little fat, gain back strength and energy levels and increase libido. My plan is to start with Test E and then add deca as soon as possible to help reduce major joint pain (from a litany of extreme sports related injuries). That’s about as far as I’ve got with a plan.

I did a comprehensive female horomone panel as advised by several of you guys and I’m very thankful to report that everything is within the normal range with nearly all of the levels near dead centers of ranges with exception of LDH which is a bit high at 140 (this hasn’t changed since my mid 20’s). Blood pressure over the past several weeks is averaging out around 112/68 with pulse around 70.

Here’s the boiled down version of the blood levels that I believe matter. If you need any other levels to make a recommendation, let me know.

SHBG: 47
Total Test: 506
Free Test: 57
Estradiol: 25

Feeling very good about solid blood work and ready to build. What recommendations do you have on Test E dose based on these levels and when can I add deca and how much? If my plan doesn’t make sense to you guys, let me know your thoughts. I new to all of this.

Thanks I’m advance guys. I really appreciate and this community!

FARMATON

ASF Sponsor
Board Rep
Reaction score
You would prob do fine on just 300mgs test e/wk and 12.5-25mgs/wk aromasin (starting week 3).
BPC 157 & TB500 peptides at damage sites & DHA supplement daily/eod (Kaya Naturals has a clean one).

Hold off on the deca until you have a good 6 months on the test only and your body adjusts. You may find after BPC157/TB500 treatments & DHA that deca isn't needed. Deca will alleviate some symptoms but it wont heal the damage like BPC157& TB500.

Deca comes with its own side effects and its a longgg ester so it takes time to work, and time to come off. 4 weeks of peptide therapy will dramatically make permanent improvements.

Just our advice. Best of luck on your fitness journey :)

Registered Member
Reaction score
You may get the results you want with as little as 150-200 mg of T/week. Ride that out for 8-10 weeks and then make adjustments from there. There is probably no need for an AI at that dose.
Good luck!

REHH

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your levels are normal now, keep in mind that if you start gear at 44yrs old you most likely will never recover these levels again and will need TRT for life, That can be a major regret later.

Alpha Sigma Labs

ASF Board Sponsor
Board Rep
Reaction score
If you looking for TRT 200mg a week of test will be a good start. I would stay away from Deca until you see how you feel. Deca can cause libido problems and if you start them the same time you wouldnt know it was from that and keep increasing your Test weekly. If you are going deeper in the pool then the sky is the limit for how crazy it can get.

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your levels are normal now, keep in mind that if you start gear at 44yrs old you most likely will never recover these levels again and will need TRT for life, That can be a major regret later.

^ Pretty much this. But I get where OP is coming from and the eagerness to "do something"...anything.

OP.... If you are dead set on trt or using gear... Test E is ok, but gives some guys bloat (as can test cyp, but less likely). 200mg test c/e every week is a stout trt dose and will serve you well. Get labs again in 6 wks and just prior to pin time, so you know where you are at for the lowest level. If you're high/low adjust from there. Test levels in the 800-1000 range should have you feeling like a champ. Have an AI on hand, just in case.

You might try some other OTC joint supps instead of deca. Cissus quadrangularis works well for me at 1000mg ED. Whatever you do, it will take time for your joints to feel better, especially with age and injury. Expect 6-8wks before you feel "good" or significantly better. Probably closer to 3 months. If they are aged/injured signficantly, then nothing is going to help 100%. I've been using stuff for years and my knees still say "fuck you" on a regular basis when I do things. Getting old sucks.

Apocalyptic Warlord

Registered Member
Reaction score
^ Pretty much this. But I get where OP is coming from and the eagerness to "do something"...anything.

OP.... If you are dead set on trt or using gear... Test E is ok, but gives some guys bloat (as can test cyp, but less likely). 200mg test c/e every week is a stout trt dose and will serve you well. Get labs again in 6 wks and just prior to pin time, so you know where you are at for the lowest level. If you're high/low adjust from there. Test levels in the 800-1000 range should have you feeling like a champ. Have an AI on hand, just in case.

You might try some other OTC joint supps instead of deca. Cissus quadrangularis works well for me at 1000mg ED. Whatever you do, it will take time for your joints to feel better, especially with age and injury. Expect 6-8wks before you feel "good" or significantly better. Probably closer to 3 months. If they are aged/injured signficantly, then nothing is going to help 100%. I've been using stuff for years and my knees still say "fuck you" on a regular basis when I do things. Getting old sucks.
Multi-
You nailed it, I’m at the “I gotta do something... anything, point in my life! I was actually very surprised that my blood work looks as good as it does considering how shitty I’ve been feeling over the past few years.

In hindsight, I posted this in the wrong thread. I was reading the TRT stuff but not at all doing this for TRT. I made the decision to go the gear route before I had found this site so I’m good with the life long commitment. I’d like to see some serious gains in strength, health and overall well-being.

I’ve decided to run 300mg test E per week. Pinning Thursday AM and Sunday PM. My forth pin is tomorrow eve and I’m already feeling significantly better. I realize some of it could just be placebo effect at this point but based on a 10 mile MTB ride I took Thursday evening, I’m certain there are some serious positive changes taking place already. Either way, I’m glad to finally be on the bus and have real hope for a better health future!

Thanks for taking the time to provide valuable advise for us newbies!

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Multi-
You nailed it, I’m at the “I gotta do something... anything, point in my life! I was actually very surprised that my blood work looks as good as it does considering how shitty I’ve been feeling over the past few years.

In hindsight, I posted this in the wrong thread. I was reading the TRT stuff but not at all doing this for TRT. I made the decision to go the gear route before I had found this site so I’m good with the life long commitment. I’d like to see some serious gains in strength, health and overall well-being.

I’ve decided to run 300mg test E per week. Pinning Thursday AM and Sunday PM. My forth pin is tomorrow eve and I’m already feeling significantly better. I realize some of it could just be placebo effect at this point but based on a 10 mile MTB ride I took Thursday evening, I’m certain there are some serious positive changes taking place already. Either way, I’m glad to finally be on the bus and have real hope for a better health future!

Just be aware that you are resetting the baseline for what is "normal" for your system. That "woohoo" feeling of the big test boost will eventually go away and even adding more test into the equation will not get it back. Think "diminishing returns".

Like I said earlier, just make sure you have an AI on hand. And start planning now what you are going to do about your elevated rbc, hematocrit, BP, etc. Because "something" will go up. Blood donations are the tried and true method, but they are not always an option for everyone. Everything can be managed though, if you do things smart. Welcome to the club.

Apocalyptic Warlord

Registered Member
Reaction score
Multi-

Meant to ask: can you give me a quick overview of what AI is and what the indicators are when it should be used?

PositiveVibes

Keep it simple stupid
Registered Member
Reaction score
Just be aware that you are resetting the baseline for what is "normal" for your system. That "woohoo" feeling of the big test boost will eventually go away and even adding more test into the equation will not get it back. Think "diminishing returns".

Like I said earlier, just make sure you have an AI on hand. And start planning now what you are going to do about your elevated rbc, hematocrit, BP, etc. Because "something" will go up. Blood donations are the tried and true method, but they are not always an option for everyone. Everything can be managed though, if you do things smart. Welcome to the club.
When do you decide its time to donate blood if that is an option?

PositiveVibes

Keep it simple stupid
Registered Member
Reaction score
Labwork is obviously the #1 indicator. Some guys know themselves well enough they can tell (lethargy, tired, etc).
I knew labs would be number 1, didn't know if there were any signs or feels like lethargy, etc.
What is the benefit of donating, like what is the goal behind it? To get the body fresh blood cells, thin out blood to help BP?