• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Intramuscular vs. Subcutaneous

HighCotton

Clown Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm guessing this topic has been covered here already but I am curious what everyone's thoughts are on the subject. Sub Q is the method I use, I have performed both however. I gave Montego's post 'Testosterone types and delivery' from May of 21 a good read looking to garner a little more info on SubQ. I subsequently dove into the subject as found there has been a fair amount of University driven research on the subject.
(Yeah sorry, I quickly turn into a science nerd) You can go to Google Scholar & find it. The bulk of the research basically concludes that the efficacy is the same. Here's a couple example articles: Subcutaneous vs Întramuscular Testosterone Injections , Subcutaneous Injection of Testosterone Is an Effective and Preferred Alternative to Intramuscular Injection: Demonstration in Female-to-Male Transgender Patients - PubMed

Given this research result I thought why not ask the board your preferred method?

Pinned Trt sub q for a few weeks. Didn’t like jabbing in my belly, switched back to VG.
I figure if I ever have a fucked injection and get an infection or some shit I’ld rather deal with it on the side of my ass rather than my belly

I read one article that mentioned subq is better if you have high hematocrit. It referenced a study that claimed those on subq had lower hematocrit levels as compared to IM.

I've yet to try subs..
I need to really do some independent research..
Tons of scar tissue..God knows I get tired of pinning 1.5"...having to go deeper to pass scar tissue..
Perhaps another "Debate "

I need to start those up again..Anyway..
Z...

Ultra Sound really helps with scar tissue..
So..some subs for TRT..whiles I work on getting that tissue healed..
Great..at the end..I figure this shit out..
LOL
Z...

Great discussion. Sorry I should have specified that I'm TRT 50mg every other day, (which I've been told many times thats not trt because of the dose. Fuck um, I feel 100% ). I never Sub in the abdominal area though with oil. Peptides, Yes. I sub in my upper glute & the top of my quads. Always rotate the sites. I cannot tell the difference, & I don't like blasting 200mg & cruising. I prefer the reasonably consistent level of EOD

I prefer IM for everything. I feel it works better for me, even though some studies show HRT and oils can absorb about as well SubQ.
Even peptides, I feel I get a better result IM.

IML Gear Cream!
Someone told me recently

IM for anabolics and sub q for peptides

That’s how I’m rolling and enjoying it

is it safe to inject water based into the muscle?
Yep just recall Bac water is only sterile for 28 days.. after that you risk infection.

I have been doing everything TRT, PEDS, HGH etc. sub-q for years with no issues. And the results seem the same from what i can tell. I do my sub-q in my thighs as it is easier and causes less problems from irritation. Larger doses or injecting quickly which disrupts tissue are things i avoid.

Infection is a risk for any injectable past it's expiration date or once it has been used. One of the reasons for big pharm trying to go over to 1 ml vials of Test. I have used my bac water for way over 28 days after it was opened and have for over 15 years with no issues. But i am a risk taker by nature. I have even used UG products.

Ive been doing sub q and IM on and off. I prefer Sub Q & smaller more often dosages. I hate having a needle go a needle 1.5 deep sue me lol. I use the glutes/love handle area. Currently running 70mg every 5 days and feel great.

Im for me. But im early in the game as well. Ill say this though i use 1 inch. No 1.5

Get Shredded!
My TRT clinic Male HRT had me doing TEST C at 30mg a day...I quickly got tired of jabbing myself 7xs a week and split it into 2xS a week. I feel the chance for infection was reduced and psychologically... no disrespect but I'm not a diabetic so why pin every day if I don't need too.

My TRT clinic Male HRT had me doing TEST C at 30mg a day...I quickly got tired of jabbing myself 7xs a week and split it into 2xS a week. I feel the chance for infection was reduced and psychologically... no disrespect but I'm not a diabetic so why pin every day if I don't need too.
Yeah if you feel great 2x a week then no biggie. I can see maybe if someone had high e2, the more frequent injections might help.....

Hormones are naturally released from deep in the skeletal structure, the closer you mimic that natural release, the better.

Back