• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Insulin worth the risks?

heavyhitter

Board Rep
Registered Member
Reaction score
you seem to have some info about this topic,,???? i doubt it was a troll post?
Insulin is pretty darn safe if youÂ’re not an idiot, and itÂ’s very effective. Especially in combination with gh. It wonÂ’t cause your pancreas to stop producing insulin. IÂ’ve used it on and off for years and other than feeling poopy from going hypo occasionally IÂ’ve had zero issues. ItÂ’s cheap, and works, but can also make you fat if you donÂ’t know how to use it. IÂ’m currently running 15-20 iu novolin r daily

Bolan

Registered Member
Reaction score
Insulin is pretty darn safe if youÂ’re not an idiot, and itÂ’s very effective. Especially in combination with gh. It wonÂ’t cause your pancreas to stop producing insulin. IÂ’ve used it on and off for years and other than feeling poopy from going hypo occasionally IÂ’ve had zero issues. ItÂ’s cheap, and works, but can also make you fat if you donÂ’t know how to use it. IÂ’m currently running 15-20 iu novolin r daily

Finally!!!
Fuckin A.

Panda

Registered Member
Reaction score
I'm a type 1 diabetic and use insulin for medical reasons. I would advise you to stay away, as far away as possible. If you get a hypo due to too much insulin while you drive you can kill yourself and other people. If you go to sleep and get a low you may never wake up (lots of diabetics die this way).

Panda

Registered Member
Reaction score
Just to add to my last comment. There are two types of insulin, one is long lasting (lantus) and one is short acting. Lantus will affect your glucose levels for 24 hours after injection, making it very dangerous at night. Short acting insulin is effective up to 5 hours after injection, and is much more potent during those hours. Never take short acting insulin 5 hours before bed, as the risk are highest during sleep (death, organ damage, brain damage, etc.).

heavyhitter

Board Rep
Registered Member
Reaction score
Panda;1975591 said:
Just to add to my last comment. There are two types of insulin, one is long lasting (lantus) and one is short acting. Lantus will affect your glucose levels for 24 hours after injection, making it very dangerous at night. Short acting insulin is effective up to 5 hours after injection, and is much more potent during those hours. Never take short acting insulin 5 hours before bed, as the risk are highest during sleep (death, organ damage, brain damage, etc.).
This is simply not true for non diabetics as they stil have the normal processes to combat excess insulin like glucagon, etc. and there made more than two types of insulin. You’ve got rapid, regular, nph, long acting like lantus and Levimir, and ultra long acting like toujeo

Bolan

Registered Member
Reaction score
heavyhitter;1975627 said:
This is simply not true for non diabetics as they stil have the normal processes to combat excess insulin like glucagon, etc. and there made more than two types of insulin. You’ve got rapid, regular, nph, long acting like lantus and Levimir, and ultra long acting like toujeo

Also running moderate amount of GH raises your Blood glucose (blood sugar)... and the insulin, either short acting like Humalog to long acting Lantus. Some people I know... Wink wink Use both, lower dose of Lantus in the AM and Humalog around my meals...er, their meals.

heavyhitter

Board Rep
Registered Member
Reaction score
Bolan;1975996 said:
Also running moderate amount of GH raises your Blood glucose (blood sugar)... and the insulin, either short acting like Humalog to long acting Lantus. Some people I know... Wink wink Use both, lower dose of Lantus in the AM and Humalog around my meals...er, their meals.
Im currently running 3-4iu gh daily and 15-25 iu regular daily split doses for meals