• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Hurt my lower back

tango12

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I bent over to slide a plate off the weight tree.. that was all she wrote. This is bullshit.

Not sure how old you are..but as you age,the body becomes weak and fragile..my 40's were great,best ever...

I've been cursed with back trouble for decades..If a few hot soaks and some anti-inflammatories don't help after three or four days..It might be time to see a Doc...
Z...

I occasionally have back pain when I overdo it sometimes, it could be from working outside to lifting weights. I just take ibuprofen for a few days. Luckily I can get by with that for now.

My back is totally fukt from doing floors so long !!
Weird thing is now when I’m bent over on the floor is the only time it doesn’t hurt. Standing up working or walking in thick sand at the beach kills me. !!
I never hurt at the gym though thank God.

My back is totally fukt from doing floors so long !!
Weird thing is now when I’m bent over on the floor is the only time it doesn’t hurt. Standing up working or walking in thick sand at the beach kills me. !!
I never hurt at the gym though thank God.

Sounds like stenosis.

I bent over to slide a plate off the weight tree.. that was all she wrote. This is bullshit.

Classic for some kind of core instability bro.

Especially as your back gets tired, it opens you up for injury.

Look into exercises that work your multifidus muscles. And transverse abdominus.

Those are often overlooked.

Just need one weak link and it can happen a few times a year.

I hurt my back shoveling snow back in February...I can't even bend over a bit to brush my teeth without pain...grabbing 45s from the low part of weight trees sucks...

IML Gear Cream!
Man, thanks for all the replies. I'm looking into a good chiropractor. I've ruptured my L5-S1 before. This feels like a slip maybe. Idk who said it above, but I do need some core work. I've been neglecting it as of late. I'm going to walk my broke ass back in there today for some cardio, calves, and whatever else I can get moving comfortably.

A good therapy is to get into a pool and move around...swim a bit...walk a bit...use a kick board...swim underwater...it loosens up the spasming and works the lower back muscles in an easy fashion...

Honestly if epidurals aren't working anymore..PT might relief some pain and increase movement,but if that doesn't help.. usually means the knife..
I've tried everything pretty much and it's getting worse..so I having to get the repair..

An MRI would be the next step if you haven't had one in awhile..And a very respected Dr. would be the Next step..

Sorry you are going thru this both Dale C. and the OP..
Z...

Man, thanks for all the replies. I'm looking into a good chiropractor. I've ruptured my L5-S1 before. This feels like a slip maybe. Idk who said it above, but I do need some core work. I've been neglecting it as of late. I'm going to walk my broke ass back in there today for some cardio, calves, and whatever else I can get moving comfortably.
Is your L5-S1 still ruptured?

Is your L5-S1 still ruptured?
I don't know, it hasn't really bothered me in years. I used to get injections every 6mo or so, then I'd go a year plus without one. The last one I can remember was back in 2015 or so. The rupture happened back in 2005. Every now and then something will flare it up, but nothing serious. It's gotten a little better over the last few days, I see the chiropractor this afternoon so I'll see how that goes.

I haven't squatted with any real weight since a knee surgery last year. Deads are out, I'll probably avoid leg press Andy any overhead movements for a while. I feel like I can work around it and touch everything still. Problem is, I get tired of working around shit.. I swear it's always something. It didn't used to be like this!

Rupture isn’t like a bulge, a bulge may subside, rupture will always be there unless you have surgery. Maybe you’re lucky and it failed outward away from your spinal cord.
For me chiropractic only does so much. I go to a therapist that does mostly deep tissue manipulation and fascia stretching work. The problem with guys like us is lack of stretching, and I’m not talking about the little we do in the gym. We spend our efforts on making out muscles short, round and bulky. They never truly get stretched. My massage therapist brings tears to my eyes with some of the things she does. But I feel much better than I do after a chiro visit.
I hope you get some relief brother, nothing worse than back pain.

Tommy, thanks for the replies and we'll wishes! The chiropractor I saw yesterday moved me around, a lot. Said I still have good range of motion and passed all the leg raise tests. I stretch my hamstrings quite a bit, I was asked to demonstrate my stretch routine. I bend over and touch ground and sit and bend to touch toes. I was told, do not stretch that way. I was given some great ideas in how to stretch my lower body while keeping my lumbar neutral. I had done quite a bit of stretching via my normal routine the morning before my injury. I go back for dry needling, stretching, and adjustment next week. Hope I can get past this soon

Get Shredded!
Tommy, thanks for the replies and we'll wishes! The chiropractor I saw yesterday moved me around, a lot. Said I still have good range of motion and passed all the leg raise tests. I stretch my hamstrings quite a bit, I was asked to demonstrate my stretch routine. I bend over and touch ground and sit and bend to touch toes. I was told, do not stretch that way. I was given some great ideas in how to stretch my lower body while keeping my lumbar neutral. I had done quite a bit of stretching via my normal routine the morning before my injury. I go back for dry needling, stretching, and adjustment next week. Hope I can get past this soon.

Surgery for back pain has a very low success rate and a high rate of complications.
I have seen over the years people trying to do everything but surgery but without really wanting results I think. They always long for the surgery that they THINK will solve their problems…this included me.
But after two lumbar fusion surgeries, they really just opened a can of worms. The damage they do while ”fixing” your back causes more problem in my summation.

My opinion is people need to realize life isn’t supposed to be pain free.

Tommy, thanks for the replies and we'll wishes! The chiropractor I saw yesterday moved me around, a lot. Said I still have good range of motion and passed all the leg raise tests. I stretch my hamstrings quite a bit, I was asked to demonstrate my stretch routine. I bend over and touch ground and sit and bend to touch toes. I was told, do not stretch that way. I was given some great ideas in how to stretch my lower body while keeping my lumbar neutral. I had done quite a bit of stretching via my normal routine the morning before my injury. I go back for dry needling, stretching, and adjustment next week. Hope I can get past this soon.
My wife is a yoga instructor and gives me basic, yet effective stretches to do. Maybe look into a beginner class and give it a try. Everyone I’ve recommended it to says it’s made a big difference.

Google “crow pose” it’s a seated stretch that targets hamstrings, glutes and low back. Go slow and stop if you have any pain. Stay within your range of motion limits, you’ll still get benefits. My hips are shot and it really helps with tightness.

What's up tommygun it's mmabeast where all the old sponsor ? Who you using now Ill I see is gc psl dg

What's up tommygun it's mmabeast where all the old sponsor ? Who you using now Ill I see is gc psl dg
You know how this biz is, they come and go.
I’m still using (very little these days) my old stash.

I had a right side lower back strain and I started doing low back exercises using the machines and it feels much better now. Lower weight, more reps. It's more of a PT thing vs bodybuilding.

I've also done 800mg Naproxen ED for a week for other inflammatory issues. You might want to look into that.

I also enjoy watching Jeff Cavalier's (AthleanX) YouTube vids on correcting injuries. His stuff has worked for me.

Finally, you may want to look into BPC-157 peptide for healing.

Good luck!

PP

Honestly if epidurals aren't working anymore..PT might relief some pain and increase movement,but if that doesn't help.. usually means the knife..
I've tried everything pretty much and it's getting worse..so I having to get the repair..

An MRI would be the next step if you haven't had one in awhile..And a very respected Dr. would be the Next step..

Sorry you are going thru this both Dale C. and the OP..
Z...

Brother I’ve had MRI’s, cat scan’s, xray’s, epidurals, trigger point injection’s nothing seems to work. I’m trying to avoid surgery at all costs. I feel like i can deal with the pain rather than risk it getting worse from them fukn it up even more somehow. I’m still very flexible and mobile it just hurts and various parts of my body go numb from time to time.
Always looking for a better way to alleviate the pain though.
I will probably definitely be getting the sciatic surgery soon though as its a easy procedure and your walking out again within a few hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Classic for some kind of core instability bro.

Especially as your back gets tired, it opens you up for injury.

Look into exercises that work your multifidus muscles. And transverse abdominus.

Those are often overlooked.

Just need one weak link and it can happen a few times a year.
Great advice Augie… and so dead on. OP Ive had several people tell me that as well… being 6’5 I have a really bad lower back. It goes out on me 2-3 times a year. I see a Chiro year round for it once a month… I want more visits but it’s all insurance will cover :/

3 weeks later and how goes it?

This happens to me sometimes. A few weeks of rest for it and I can usually work back into things.

3 weeks later and how goes it?

This happens to me sometimes. A few weeks of rest for it and I can usually work back into things.
Pretty good. Been seeing the chiropractor ew. I'm just about pain free, still tight and stiff at times. I've progressed from the exercises and stretches I was given at the time of injury, and have been working in light hyperextensions the last few visits to the gym and feel ok. I've really been trying to focus on my core too, it had been neglected. Hopefully I can start some light deadlifts soon.🤞

Back