• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

How often do you guys lift

MonsterMaker

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Just curious how often you guys put out in the gym. I read here a while ago someone saying that working the same muscles twice in one week is too much.

Also what rep range do you usually try to hit when trying to put on mass?

Rot-Iron66

Registered Member
Reaction score
My latest... Only thing I like hitting twice is Tri's. I rest completely on SAT and SUN.

Attachments

• image_2021-05-29_064127.png
    image_2021-05-29_064127.png
    67 KB · Views: 148

Milford King

Twat Waffle Inspector
Registered Member
Reaction score
Mon - legs, shoulders
Tues - back, triceps
Wed- chest, biceps
Thur - off
Fri - legs, core, arm pump
Sat - chest, back
Sun- off

I knocked my working sets on the large muscle groups down to 3 each session with rep ranges of 8-12, with the smaller muscle groups I usually working in the 4-5 set range and aiming for 12-15 reps (sometimes 20).

I am enjoying the higher rep ranges with moderate weights; getting results with minimal joint pain. I also superset 2-3 movements and run the entire workout as circuit training style so I am getting some cardio in without dedicating another half hour post workout. I’ll probably maintain this regimen through the summer then go to a 3 day push pull leg routine with heavier loads and less reps in the fall winter season.

I don’t do deadlifts anymore, sometimes I use rack pull method and I stopped using the trap bar for shrugs (use straight bar now) because there is too much sway and I think it was the cause of my shoulder bursitis recently which put my workouts on hold for a couple weeks and pissed me off greatly.

so the trap bar is pretty much useless to me now, my wife used to use it for deadlifts but the handles were too far for her to perform the movement safely too so... yeah the trap bar is pretty much useless to us now. Lol

Phill

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
I workout every single fucking day.

MonsterMaker

Registered Member
Reaction score
I workout every single fucking day.

How do you split it though? Obviously you aren’t doing the same thing every day...

I don’t have that luxury of time. I’ve got three days a week where I can get 2-3 hours.

I mean I could go every day but only for 1 hour at a time.

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
3-5 days a week but I have 3 kids and a super busy schedule. I can def say when I was single or didn't have kids I put 2x the time and intensity into it and I of course looked and felt 2x better. Doing the best I can though with work and kids and I think that is the best anyone can aim for.

I like doing 5 and I try to get every muscle group in 2x. I do traps and calves 3x per week

Last edited:

biggd

Registered Member
Reaction score
Now I usually train 5-6 days week hitting each muscle 2x week. I have lowered my sets and training of calves since I’ve been walking or hiking daily and my calves been getting crazy worked.

Back in the day we only trained 4 days week and hit each muscle once a week. Sometimes we hit calves 2-3 week though.

Last edited:

scubasteve502

Registered Member
Reaction score
My 12 hour shift schedule absolutely sucks for trying to maintain a consistent schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wesley_swolle

Large Member 🍆
Registered Member
Reaction score
I train when I can, not when I want...

I didn't choose the swolle life, the swolle life chose me~Wesley Swolle

TaintedAnchoR

Registered Member
Reaction score
These days I’m into low volume and higher intensity. I just can’t go as long and hard as I could in my 20s. I try to hit everything 3x a week but like I said low volume. I’ve been diggin full bodies and an occasional upper/lower split. I try not knock that shit out with a quickness tho. I’ve really cut down on my rest periods between sets. It helps me achieve a workout I can walk away from knowing and feeling I got a good one in a shorter period of time since I don’t have the endurance I once did. Everyone has a preference for how they balance and configure their workouts. Gotta find what works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bft84

Registered Member
Reaction score
3 days a week. 2 way split. 2 exercise rotations. Following Jordan Peters training philosophy.

Clive Mossmoon

Registered Member
Reaction score
Listen to your body, and log everything. Over the years I have a pretty decent understanding of how fast different muscle groups recover for strength (easy to measure) and size (takes a lot longer to measure). So I tend to work out 4-6 times a week depending on what I am training for.

Heavy deadlifts can take a week to recover from, but there's no way that bicep curls, or shoulder work is limited to once a week as far as their ability to recover.

Reactions: Sem

doichtoro

Registered Member
Reaction score
if I'm doing a hypertrophy cycle I'll do bodybuilding concepts, split the body into parts and do 6 days. When I do strength cycles I think like a powerlifter and train 4 days with more recovery.

GarlicChicken

Registered Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm getting in what I can, 3-4 days per week. Mountaindog style workouts. Split is like this:

Legs
Chest/shoulders
Off
Back
Arms/leg pump
Off
Off

If it works out like that. Half the time it's either all pushed together without the off day in between, or I take two off in the middle while I travel for work. Just kinda depends what happens with work and how I'm feeling honestly. I've gotten much more aware of my body when issues start coming up and I take the time off when it needs it. I'm bigger than I've ever been but still not lean enough. Crazy how fast I gained size back after this last crazy year and my diverticulitis attack. Just wish I could eat more normally.

As far as rep ranges, I typically stay around 8 to failure and also have 12-15 rep stuff in there as well. For shoulders, I do one heavy pressing movement and then two higher rep isolation ones, usually around 15 reps for middle delts and 20-25 for rears. I'll also throw in a high rep set for quads as well, something around 20 reps, after my last heavy set.

Last edited:

zwhit

Registered Member
Reaction score
I'm doing full body every other day right now. One leg, push, and pull movement every workout in 8x8 fashion. I'll rotate through one smaller muscle group after the leg, push and pull movements every workout.

First time trying the modified 8x8 program and my conditioning is coming along nicely.

Dpa87

Registered Member
Reaction score
My latest... Only thing I like hitting twice is Tri's. I rest completely on SAT and SUN.

Thank you for sharing. Been looking through different workout routines and I like this.

GJ503

Registered Member
Reaction score
Mon - legs, shoulders
Tues - back, triceps
Wed- chest, biceps
Thur - off
Fri - legs, core, arm pump
Sat - chest, back
Sun- off

I knocked my working sets on the large muscle groups down to 3 each session with rep ranges of 8-12, with the smaller muscle groups I usually working in the 4-5 set range and aiming for 12-15 reps (sometimes 20).

I am enjoying the higher rep ranges with moderate weights; getting results with minimal joint pain. I also superset 2-3 movements and run the entire workout as circuit training style so I am getting some cardio in without dedicating another half hour post workout. I’ll probably maintain this regimen through the summer then go to a 3 day push pull leg routine with heavier loads and less reps in the fall winter season.

I don’t do deadlifts anymore, sometimes I use rack pull method and I stopped using the trap bar for shrugs (use straight bar now) because there is too much sway and I think it was the cause of my shoulder bursitis recently which put my workouts on hold for a couple weeks and pissed me off greatly.

so the trap bar is pretty much useless to me now, my wife used to use it for deadlifts but the handles were too far for her to perform the movement safely too so... yeah the trap bar is pretty much useless to us now. Lol
Like this push pull mixing back with triceps and chest with biceps. Got to start doing legs twice a week too.

BodybuilderZepp

Registered Member
Reaction score
5 days a week
1 body part a day
45 mins each workout
8-15 rep range

Seattlesbest

Registered Member
Reaction score
Usually do three days on one day off, depending on how I'm feeling. Full body workout 2 hour duration.

twisted

Registered Member
Reaction score
I shoot for 5xs a wk .......hey I just enjoy the workout and do whatever I feel that morning.....lolz

Slayingmetal

Registered Member
Reaction score
I do 6 hr arm workouts 8 days a week.
My week doesn't have 7 days like yours sissies.

Catman2020

Registered Member
Reaction score
I try to work every muscle twice, depends on work. I usually always work two muscles and take days off when i feel i need one if i feel good i workout, if im tired or get to 5 in a row i take a day off.

Koolio

Registered Member
Reaction score
I am 62 and I do a p/p/l Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday

Andyman19

Registered Member
Reaction score
I usually try to go 5 days a week and hit everything , was hitting 2-3 (chest,bi,tried) exercises 2 a week ..been going 2x a day now tho and hitting everything 2x a week,in all honesty I believe to maintain strength as long as everything is hit once a week you should be doing alright though

Jaxz

Registered Member
Reaction score
Eod for 12 weeks then a week off , then repeat

Bft84

Registered Member
Reaction score
3 days a week. 2 way split upper lower rotation.
I rotate through 2 upper and 2 lower workouts.
All working sets to failure. Beyond failure technique on the last working set of all exercises.
Here’s my current routine.
Upper 1
incline db press set 1 5-9, set 2 10-12
chest supported Db row 5-9,10-12
Life fitness cable press 2x15-20
Cybex neutral grip pulldown 5-9,10-12
Icarian delt raise 2x15-20
laying Db tricep ext. 2x15-20
Ab coaster 10-20x4 rest pause

lower 1
Pit shark belt squat wide stance 5-9,10-12
Med x leg extension 2x15-20
reverse hyper 5-9,10-12
nautilus abductor 5-9,10-12
seated calf raise 10-20 4xrest pause
db hammer curl 6-9,10-12,15-20

upper 2
Hammer decline press 5-9,10-12
Strive extreme row 5-9,10-12
Techno gym press neutral grip 2x15-20
neutral grip Atlantis high row medium mag grip 5-9,10-12
single arm cable pull over 2x15-20
tricep cable push down 2x15-20
Magnum plate loaded ab machine 10-20x4 rp

lower 2
pendulum squat 5-9,10-12
single leg hammer leg press 2x15-20
hoist leg curl 2x15-20
Nautilus adductor 5-9,10-12
donkey calf raise 10-12x4 rp
Free motion bicep curl 6-9,10-12,15-20

Add weight or reps each workout. When I stall 2 weeks in a row change the exercise. Stay with each exercise until I stall.
The routine never changes.