• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

How much are you paying for gasoline?

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice, I like the color. Good to see you’re an American vehicle guy.
Yes I do, I have owned several Fords and Chevys, but the car next to it in the reflection is my Alpha Romeo (Italian) which I just got about 8 months ago.

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What EV do they want us to buy? I'm not buying a 70k tesla that looks like a bug. The S is 130k and I'm sure the hell not paying that.
So what other EVs are available right now? None! You can't find any others as they're sold out because of the chip shortage. Theres no winning with this admin. Fuck this clown.

Volkswagen id4

Polestar's

BMW has an ev suv coming to market

Ford lightning

Chevy pickup

I think the vw is the cheapest option at around 55k. Tesla model 3's are around that price as well.

It's going to be the future, it just won't be any more cost effective in the future since energy prices will sky rocket to balance demand.

There are zero ANYTHING these days. I help transport huge shipments of autos to the south east area and even with the volume that is made, the makers can't keep up to put inventory on the lot. The days of walking around a dealer are coming to an end. In the next five to ten years you will test drive a demo car and have to order it. It's just what will happen no matter how many people say they won't buy something they haven't drove.

I'm entertaining the idea of an ev. There is zero maintenance, 7500 tax credit on the first few thousand models sold and, at the moment, it's a fraction of the cost to charge an ev compared to driving something that gets even 30mpg and filling the tank once a week.

Installing A stage 2 charger that will charge from 20% to 90+% in 8 hours runs about 2k here.

There's a lot of unknown but, I personally think that's the future for better or worse.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

implicitnewt

Registered Member
Reaction score
There's a lot of unknown but, I personally think that's the future for better or worse.

If this attempted mass rush to market happens I see a lot of a mess.

I'll wait for them to build me one that can pull my horse trailer and get me a several hundred mile round trip on a charge

tommygunz

Fuck Your Feelings
Registered Member
Reaction score
816FCBDA-C664-4C4E-91CF-B4DE29C3219A.jpeg
I’ve been seeing a few of these lately, not a bad looking truck

implicitnewt

Registered Member
Reaction score
For sure. I was thinking the same when I saw your post. My sister has a 40’ living quarters too. I think it’s just a matter of time.
I think so too but I don't see it any time real soon. Could be wrong, I don't really follow EV development much truthfully.

GM buddy of mine (I take most of what he says with a grain of salt) claims there will be a point that no one will "own" a vehicle, everything will be leased and you will have a payment for life. He said that in response to my concerns about battery life/replacement but those are maintenance type of items, I can't imagine a lease covering that. Time will all tell I imagine and I don't see that in the immediate future regardless.

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What is really odd is where I live, suddenly in the last 3-4 months these little trucks from Japan have been appearing left and right.

I even see them for sale at a high end BMW dealer around here.

They are all used.

I saw a kid driving one down the road and almost pissed myself laughing. It's so small it looks like a big powerwheels.

But I bet it gets a million miles to the gallon.

I'd say I have seen no less then 30-40 of these now. To me that seems like alot

1654264621987.png

bigtime916

Registered Member
Reaction score
Volkswagen id4

Polestar's

BMW has an ev suv coming to market

Ford lightning

Chevy pickup

I think the vw is the cheapest option at around 55k. Tesla model 3's are around that price as well.

It's going to be the future, it just won't be any more cost effective in the future since energy prices will sky rocket to balance demand.

There are zero ANYTHING these days. I help transport huge shipments of autos to the south east area and even with the volume that is made, the makers can't keep up to put inventory on the lot. The days of walking around a dealer are coming to an end. In the next five to ten years you will test drive a demo car and have to order it. It's just what will happen no matter how many people say they won't buy something they haven't drove.

I'm entertaining the idea of an ev. There is zero maintenance, 7500 tax credit on the first few thousand models sold and, at the moment, it's a fraction of the cost to charge an ev compared to driving something that gets even 30mpg and filling the tank once a week.

Installing A stage 2 charger that will charge from 20% to 90+% in 8 hours runs about 2k here.

Where you finding these cars for sell? Plus I'm not a test subject for 50k. Tesla gas it together because they've gone through the growing pains.
Add states like CA raising energy prices and drive by the mile fee and where ya at? You know that drive by the mile is going to hit people hard. But freeeeeeee power lol.

BigPain

Registered Member
Reaction score
Diesel around 5.20 now. Miss the price from 2 years ago

JJB1

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
$5/gallon. I had to go to California last weekend and it was $6/gallon there.

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
View attachment 73760
I’ve been seeing a few of these lately, not a bad looking truck
They bring these over across the street from another big auto facility near me. They're good looking trucks. Bigger then a ranger, smaller then an f150. Good size

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Where you finding these cars for sell? Plus I'm not a test subject for 50k. Tesla gas it together because they've gone through the growing pains.
Add states like CA raising energy prices and drive by the mile fee and where ya at? You know that drive by the mile is going to hit people hard. But freeeeeeee power lol.
They're all for sale but you must order them online like I mentioned in the post.

Read it again

I'm not an advocate for ev's, I'm Just giving facts.

tommygunz

Fuck Your Feelings
Registered Member
Reaction score
They bring these over across the street from another big auto facility near me. They're good looking trucks. Bigger then a ranger, smaller then an f150. Good size

E9B2F754-22AF-484A-95E7-E3D552F396B7.jpeg
I’m standing at the Rivian facility in Costa Mesa right now ( just dumb luck) your right, these aren’t a bad looking truck

tommygunz

Fuck Your Feelings
Registered Member
Reaction score
B080E561-271D-4D9C-AEE6-F9CCAFA30546.jpeg
These are a little bigger than a Tacoma but not quite as big as the Chevy 1500 I’m in today.

Skinnyguy180

vv mine
Registered Member
Reaction score
Lol

Ok bud … you be drinking California water eh?

Good luck my brotha

I was just quoting Biden... Though I am drinking CA water but only cause gas prices and meat price arent allowing me to afford bottled any more.

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hell..used to go to Mazda school in Bay Meadows..born there to..you know where Interlocken is..??
Z...
I grew up on Jax Beach myself, near the old pier, but we moved inland when I was like 9-10? And guess to where?

BayMeadows.

Remember the big rich mall there?

Deerwoods Country Club? Well one of my buddies dads is still the head chef there. As kids we would go to work with him, use the Olympic size pool, diving boards, golf carts, fish in the lakes. We were allowed to have any food and candy we wanted, drinks, all day long all free.

My school bus used to pick kids up there in the neighborhood and you would see Lamborghinis, ferraris, porsches, mercedes , you name it

It was a really really nice hookup we had.

E.J.D

Registered Member
Reaction score
What is really odd is where I live, suddenly in the last 3-4 months these little trucks from Japan have been appearing left and right.

They are all used.

I saw a kid driving one down the road and almost pissed myself laughing. It's so small it looks like a big powerwheels.

View attachment 73764
I seen one driving around the other day. I told my lady I'm getting one. Throwing dual stacks on it, rims and skulls painted all over it lol.. I will say the lady that was driving it and her passenger looked like they were having the time of their life driving it lol

Matt88

Registered Member
Reaction score

They are all used.

View attachment 73764
I've drove one before and let me tell you it is weird AF shifting gears with your left hand.

I learned to drive on stick shifts but the left handed thing is mega weird.

Oh and they ride like a brick shit house. The engine is literally under your ass. Gets a bit warm on the ass and legs

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a client of mine. Shes a doctor and she makes great money. She owns 2 Teslas. She told me they both cost her over $100,000 each

I have no reason not to believe her

I don't know what her electricity costs her

I don't know but maybe a few people out of thousands that can afford this. I can't

For the Biden Admin to make such outrageous claims that we all should buy electric cars when many can't even just afford $5 gas, these people are despicable upon repute

And for this whole Green energy bullshit. That shit needs to be scrapped. It will NEVER work. Under any circumstances

I feel like the movie Mad Max was made with the preminition that f***faces like Joe Biden and Obama would exist in the future

These are the dumbest human beings to have ever lived.

Here's a photo of a young Hunter Biden on Crystal Meth....

1654288596214.png

tommygunz

Fuck Your Feelings
Registered Member
Reaction score
Here’s a not so conspiracy theory about Tesla. Every time you drive your over priced golf cart you are actually being tracked for future autonomous vehicles. YOU are helping build this for their self driving commercial trucks.

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Tesla’s do nothing for the environment because the majority of electricity used to charge their batteries comes from fossil fuels. e.g. burning coal.

tommygunz

Fuck Your Feelings
Registered Member
Reaction score
friend GIF

Oh, wait, that’s rolling coal
My bad lol

Shlux

Registered Member
Reaction score
196.9 cents per liter at home. It's about $250 to fill my truck :/