• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

High RBC/hemoglobin etc equals red skin??

Tmart

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I work outside 12 hours a day in the sun but even on night shift my face and neck are always red lol. It’s been a long time since I donated so I know I’m long overdue but does high hemocrit and hemoglobin sound like the cause?? I want to donate before I do bloods very soon and I guess I’m just curious if anyone has experienced this and if it’ll go away. Double red is best donation type also correct? Thanks all

A.font401

Registered Member
Reaction score
I work outside 12 hours a day in the sun but even on night shift my face and neck are always red lol. It’s been a long time since I donated so I know I’m long overdue but does high hemocrit and hemoglobin sound like the cause?? I want to donate before I do bloods very soon and I guess I’m just curious if anyone has experienced this and if it’ll go away. Double red is best donation type also correct? Thanks all

I work outside too bro and I know come winter like right now my face is always kinda red from being wind burnt bro. Might be your case too? Like even tonight I’m out 10pm to 10am and it’s cold with alittle wind. My face is red. That might just be your problem too? Might not be blood related at all man.

Tmart

Registered Member
Reaction score
I work outside too bro and I know come winter like right now my face is always kinda red from being wind burnt bro. Might be your case too? Like even tonight I’m out 10pm to 10am and it’s cold with alittle wind. My face is red. That might just be your problem too? Might not be blood related at all man.

Hmm possibly, it’s just weird I worked all night last night and I woke up and my neck is red as hell like it’s sunburnt. Wasn’t too cold with much wind either, probably 42 degrees. Hmm

Daark

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hey sir,

I cannot find anything in my research that would lead me to believe flushing or redness can be associated with RBC count.

Are you on cycle? I am doing my first tren cycle and my face is frequently flushed.

Tmart

Registered Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard of it before but don’t know if it’s bro science or a real thing. But yes I just started tren a couple weeks back but I’ve always been pretty red for some reason

heckler7

IM>ASF
Registered Member
Reaction score
sounds like your hitting the bar after work

Tmart

Registered Member
Reaction score
Lol definitely don’t. Drink once maybe twice a month. Maybe I have skin cancer

REHH

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I see guys in the gym that turn beet red when on cycle, very easy to tell when they're juicing. I think blood pressure might be part cause.

clanger73

Registered Member
Reaction score
When my hemocrit is high, I also get red in the face. Its usually a sign that it is time to donate for me. I also get headaches which nothing over the counter will take away. Are you getting headaches?

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
but I’ve always been pretty red for some reason

This was my first instinct...it's just natural for you. I know guys that are natty that have that "red" look to them almost all the time. Especially on the upper chest, neck, sometimes face. Seems to be a blonde/ginger thing too.

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have read that redness in the face and blood pressure are not related.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5161029/

Which is odd to me because any time my BP is high, my ears get red. But I turn red even when my BP is normal, so I don't know the true culprit.

The Pubmed study claims that most flushing is from deoxygenated blood and heat.

thebear

Registered Member
Reaction score
Not all the time. Since day 1 two yes ago my hemoglobin has always been 18, almost 19. I don’t have red skin, eyes etc. Noe if you were over 20, I don’t know, maybe.

BallsMahoney

Registered Member
Reaction score
It could be high hemocrit. I had similar symptoms. I would donate soon. If your hemocrit is too high most blood centers won't draw your blood. In that case, you'll be needing a phlebotomy. This happened to me, and i'm now on regular phlebotomy's. Kind of works out nice, but again go donate before it gets too high they won't allow you to.

Daark

Registered Member
Reaction score
Do you guys donate while on cycle?

Would they look at your test levels and tell you to get out?

heckler7

IM>ASF
Registered Member
Reaction score
I have read that redness in the face and blood pressure are not related.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5161029/

Which is odd to me because any time my BP is high, my ears get red. But I turn red even when my BP is normal, so I don't know the true culprit.

The Pubmed study claims that most flushing is from deoxygenated blood and heat.
my wifes ears turn red when I touch her titties so its probably not related to BP, just saying

Tmart

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hmm I’ll probably go donate regardless and see if it helps. If it’s so high they won’t let me I’m going to be really upset, I don’t have health insurance lol

Daark

Registered Member
Reaction score
This is something I've been putting off for a while too. Do people donate on cycle?

Daark

Registered Member
Reaction score
This is something I've been putting off for a while too. Do people donate on cycle?
just read this:

[FONT=&quot]Different investigations have shown that there is only 0.05mg of testosterone in a 0.5L blood sample in the full cycle of anabolic steroids. A surplus of 0.05mg of testosterone is negligible even for women. This amount could never cause harm to the recipient’s body.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Scientifically speaking, a cycle with anabolic steroids is not enough reason to avoid blood donation. The cycle does not affect the donation. Therefore, the donor can safely use the blood of a consumer of anabolic steroids.

so thats good
[/FONT]

Tmart

Registered Member
Reaction score
It’s good to donate, whether on or off cycle doesn’t really matter as far as I know. I just know I don’t do it nearly as much as I should

Reactions: Sem