• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

HGH fasted?

robbieboy672

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey all, I should be getting my blue tops tonight. Tomorrow at the latest. I have read a lot about gh working better if taken while fasted, but that will be difficult for me.

I get home from work and the gym at around 7:30pm, then I eat around 8:00 or 8:30 and go to bed by 10:00. I was planning on pinning an hour or two before bed, but will food fuck up the effects that much?

I will be doing 2IU a day, and my goals are mainly better sleep. Any added benefits will just be a bonus. Thank you!

heavyhitter

Board Rep
Registered Member
Reaction score
Honestly the difference is minimal. The most important thing is just taking it. If I were doing 2 iu a day I would be doing it pre bed, and fasted isn’t gonna matter much

Sponx

Registered Member
Reaction score
I have kinda wondered if it matters what food you eat before or post-injection of HGH. If you have something high sugar or high carb, before or after, will that produce negative/positive repercussions?

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

The protein-retaining effects of growth hormone during fasting involve inhibition of muscle-protein breakdown​

Muscle-protein breakdown was increased among participants who fasted without GH (phenylalanine rate of appearance: basal 17 +/- 4, fast 26 +/- 9, fast-GH 33 +/- 7, fast+GH 25 +/- 6 nmol/min, P < 0.05). Levels of free fatty acids and oxidation of lipid decreased during fasting without GH (P < 0.01). In summary, we find that suppression of GH during fasting leads to a 50% increase in urea-nitrogen excretion, together with an increased net release and appearance rate of phenylalanine across the forearm. These results demonstrate that GH-possibly by maintenance of circulating concentrations of free IGF-I--is a decisive component of protein conservation during fasting and provide evidence that the underlying mechanism involves a decrease in muscle protein breakdown.

TheOldJJdigs

SB Labs
Board Rep
Reaction score

The protein-retaining effects of growth hormone during fasting involve inhibition of muscle-protein breakdown​

Muscle-protein breakdown was increased among participants who fasted without GH (phenylalanine rate of appearance: basal 17 +/- 4, fast 26 +/- 9, fast-GH 33 +/- 7, fast+GH 25 +/- 6 nmol/min, P < 0.05). Levels of free fatty acids and oxidation of lipid decreased during fasting without GH (P < 0.01). In summary, we find that suppression of GH during fasting leads to a 50% increase in urea-nitrogen excretion, together with an increased net release and appearance rate of phenylalanine across the forearm. These results demonstrate that GH-possibly by maintenance of circulating concentrations of free IGF-I--is a decisive component of protein conservation during fasting and provide evidence that the underlying mechanism involves a decrease in muscle protein breakdown.

Great post!

heavyhitter

Board Rep
Registered Member
Reaction score
This study is useful as it does show a decreased rate of muscle protein breakdown when using gh while fasting. It does not however conclude that fasted gh administration is ideal

robbieboy672

Registered Member
Reaction score
This study is useful as it does show a decreased rate of muscle protein breakdown when using gh while fasting. It does not however conclude that fasted gh administration is ideal
Thank you for the post and also thank you Gymntonic.

also, I want to say again, I am not very concerned with Muscle building or fat loss effects. I am much more interested in the “quality of life” effects like sleep.

heavyhitter

Board Rep
Registered Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the post and also thank you Gymntonic.

also, I want to say again, I am not very concerned with Muscle building or fat loss effects. I am much more interested in the “quality of life” effects like sleep.
If your concern is more about improved sleep and better skin, mood, etc. 2 iu gh pre bed would be perfect

TheOldJJdigs

SB Labs
Board Rep
Reaction score
If your concern is more about improved sleep and better skin, mood, etc. 2 iu gh pre bed would be perfect
I have to agree here… although I know a lot of guys who take their HGH after waking up and right before their fasted cardio session. I can’t link any studies to this at the moment but I know it aids in saving muscle from breakdown during long or intense cardio.

so for better sleep and the quality of your life feeling is go with pre bed. Just my 2 cents brother.

Sponx

Registered Member
Reaction score

Will 2IU fasted in the morning not assist with the fat loss improvement?

01dragonslayer

Registered Member
Reaction score
I have always researched that it's best to administer GH in a fasted state when glucose levels are low to get the most benefit.

heavyhitter

Board Rep
Registered Member
Reaction score
Will 2IU fasted in the morning not assist with the fat loss improvement?
Honestly, at only 2iu daily I doubt you’ll notice any difference in using it pre workout, pre bed, etc

heavyhitter

Board Rep
Registered Member
Reaction score
I have always researched that it's best to administer GH in a fasted state when glucose levels are low to get the most benefit.
It depends what your goals are and how much you’re using. At 1 or 2 iu a day you’ll never notice a difference with timing. But if you’re using 8 iu a day, then using 4-6 of them pre workout on an empty stomach would aid in additional fat burn, and use the rest pre bed to get some nice recuperative sleep

heavyhitter

Board Rep
Registered Member
Reaction score
Imo 2iu won't do much for hypertrophy but will aid in seeing some fat loss.
I mostly notice improved skin tone, better sleep quality, my hair feels stronger and seems to grow faster, and it’s a little easier to stay lean. But ya I don’t notice much if any hypertrophy until around 4iu and up

01dragonslayer

Registered Member
Reaction score
I mostly notice improved skin tone, better sleep quality, my hair feels stronger and seems to grow faster, and it’s a little easier to stay lean. But ya I don’t notice much if any hypertrophy until around 4iu and up
My sentiments as well. 4-6 is usually my sweet spot for building some mass.

robbieboy672

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I wanted to give a quick update on my experience so far. 12 days in On 2iu’s per night of the blue tops, and 50mg per morning of proviron. I haven’t noticed anything yet, but I know it is early and I’m probably not supposed to notice anything at this point. Also, 2iu’s is a low dose, and effects will probably be very subtle anyway. I’ll keep you all updated for sure! Thank you all so much for the advice, I always appreciate the level of SB Labs customer care and service. You guys rock!

blackbeard

Registered Member
Reaction score
If you’re going to take it fasted pre workout, would a pre workout drink take you out of a fasted state and affect the benefits of taking hgh fasted?

selfmademonster

Registered Member
Reaction score
I've ran 1.5 - 2iu a day for over 2yrs now and have had great results, I've never been leaner and eat now more than ever. The key is consistency and patience if your goal is health and feeling better, and I also think older guys like myself probably respond better at lower doses. Started back with weights recently and now at 3.33iu daily and will probably bump it up some more in the next few weeks as the training progresses.

heavyhitter

Board Rep
Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
If you’re going to take it fasted pre workout, would a pre workout drink take you out of a fasted state and affect the benefits of taking hgh fasted?
Does it contain carbs?

heavyhitter

Board Rep
Registered Member
Reaction score
No, and it doesn’t list sugar but im sure one of the chemicals is similar.
Then honestly it shouldn’t make a difference. The stims in there might even assist fat loss in combination with the gh on an empty stomach

maxmuscle1

Registered Member
Reaction score

Low insulin level . Best time to take gh. If you do truly fasted cardio- only water or black coffee & water . Not even Bcaa or EEAs can be used ; they have calories. Everyone has their own little way of doing things - I like 2-4iu’s upon waking with my t4 and I hit the cardio - no calcium products for 2 hrs as it can interfere with thyroid medication. Just some info for ya!

Max

blackbeard

Registered Member
Reaction score
Low insulin level . Best time to take gh. If you do truly fasted cardio- only water or black coffee & water . Not even Bcaa or EEAs can be used ; they have calories. Everyone has their own little way of doing things - I like 2-4iu’s upon waking with my t4 and I hit the cardio - no calcium products for 2 hrs as it can interfere with thyroid medication. Just some info for ya!

Max
Good info, thanks!

TheOldJJdigs

SB Labs
Board Rep
Reaction score

Max
Always a pleasure having you stop by the Sub-Forum my friend. great Info buddy 😉😁

rwp20odd

Registered Member
Reaction score

Max
Hi, Thanks for the info. I had no idea I was hoping you may also know if orals such as halo, Var, clen, yohimbine etc may use any types of binders that contains calcium and should not be taken with T4 and given the two hours grace. I would typically take the t4, clen and yohimbine, 2iu hgh on waking, wait 30mins and then do my fasted cardio. Some days I may lift first thing and was wondering if orals should be avoided with t4 n the same fashion. All the best Rich

Bobbyg

Registered Member
Reaction score
At 2 iu it won’t matter much man , I’m doctor prescribed and I do 8 iu / 6 days a week I’mma run it for 6 months , I do mine at 330am before I go to gym same time every day don’t think it matters though …. After the first or second week I started noticing I was sleeping better

heavyhitter

Board Rep
Registered Member
Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for the info. I had no idea I was hoping you may also know if orals such as halo, Var, clen, yohimbine etc may use any types of binders that contains calcium and should not be taken with T4 and given the two hours grace. I would typically take the t4, clen and yohimbine, 2iu hgh on waking, wait 30mins and then do my fasted cardio. Some days I may lift first thing and was wondering if orals should be avoided with t4 n the same fashion. All the best Rich
Any tablet is probably going to have some calcium carbonate in it. That said, it’s not gonna be enough to do anything