• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Here we go again...the kidney failure speech

Skip Foursome

Gym Derelict
Registered Member
Reaction score
Never in my life have I experienced anything like this, Skip.

I'm surprised that she didn't insist on a prostate exam while I was there.
As to your health insurance they cannot do anything with new ACA law.

No pre-existing conditions so I think you are okay there.

TouaregV8

Registered Member
Reaction score
unless she is an endo I dont see how its legal for her to get records from your last endo? but either way I still dont see how one doctor can give records from a patient without that patients consent

I did give consent, heck. I didn't think it would end up being this much of an issue. If I had to do it over again I would not have.

As to your health insurance they cannot do anything with new ACA law.

No pre-existing conditions so I think you are okay there.

That's good to know, thanks Skip.

TouaregV8

Registered Member
Reaction score
She gives too much fuck. She must be new. Trying to be all righteous and follow all protocols. Go an extra mile for the health of the patient.
Give her sometime. System will make her like the rest of them. ;)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

She's in her early 60s and has been practicing a long time. This is the same crazy bitch that has the disclaimer that she will not prescribe narcotic pain meds, birth control, and psych meds. She tried to convince me that alprazolam was the devil after I have been taking it occasionally as a sleep aid for the past 20 years. I maybe take 2 .5mg tabs a month...She talked me into trazadone which doesn't do a damn thing for me.

REHH

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn what a nosy bitch! I got something similar going on but not at that level. My endocrinologist retired and so I switched my trt and thyroid to my regular dr. They tried to spring a blood test on me with no notice and I declined. Came back a week later and still tested like 998ng total test, was 2ng within the limit but they said I had high test, I was like "no it says right there that im in range"...lol. Now I got a "physical" this Friday and I'm prepared, only running 150mg a week which is my prescription dose.

Been injecting glutathione almost everyday, two week layoff from the gym because was sick. First workout was yesterday and only did half volume. Curious what my liver and kidney values will be this go around.

Last edited:

GarlicChicken

Registered Member
Reaction score
Damn that's ridiculous! Good thing it doesn't matter to insurance. Even though you consented, she decided to treat something you weren't seeing her for. Not sure about the laws on that but I believe there's something regarding it. I'll have to do some research

REHH

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here my bloodwork from last week. Dr advised me to cut down on protein intake, stop eating red meat. Increase water.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181213-114236_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181213-114236_Chrome.jpg
    662.5 KB · Views: 61

jtip1810

Registered Member
Reaction score
I actually find it kind of scary docs make this mistake or misdiagnosis the situation I guess you could say. It's common that guys with more muscle mass than the average person will also have higher creatinine levels.

TouaregV8

Registered Member
Reaction score
I actually find it kind of scary docs make this mistake or misdiagnosis the situation I guess you could say. It's common that guys with more muscle mass than the average person will also have higher creatinine levels.

Agreed. I've moved a lot over the years so I have changed doctors frequently. Out of all the doctors I've had only one of them, a female endocrinologist, was able to identify that my elevated creatinine levels were attributed to my increased muscle mass. All the others informed me that I was in the early stages of kidney failure. WTF?

Wiseguy

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Like I said in my earlier post a simple 24hour Urine test will show exactly what you have. This is the most accurate test regardless of height, weight or muscle mass. End of story.

REHH

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bump for Malfeasance

MindlessWork

Registered Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I've moved a lot over the years so I have changed doctors frequently. Out of all the doctors I've had only one of them, a female endocrinologist, was able to identify that my elevated creatinine levels were attributed to my increased muscle mass. All the others informed me that I was in the early stages of kidney failure. WTF?
My doc flipped out on my eGFR and creatinine levels when I had my physical while I was on a cycle. Ended up paying for several special kidney tests which turned up nothing wrong as I didn't want to disclose my gear use.

TouaregV8

Registered Member
Reaction score
My doc flipped out on my eGFR and creatinine levels when I had my physical while I was on a cycle. Ended up paying for several special kidney tests which turned up nothing wrong...

Sounds about right...

I went back to my original doctor (the one that's an hour away) a couple weeks ago because my thyroid script needed renewed and I needed labs done. I could kick myself for ever leaving this guy. He's so easy going. He asked me if I needed any other lab work while I was there and he ended up giving me 11 refills on my thyroid script, something that no other doctor has done.