• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Heart attack

Koolio

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Well, it finally happened. I'm sitting in the hospital right now hoping to be released later today...for 2 weeks I could barely breathe...so this past Monday I came to the ER...my lungs were full of fluid and my heart was working at less than 40%...had a catheter yesterday and was told the 3 of my arteries are 90% blocked...I need open heart surgery...they're gonna crack my sternum...I just turned 63...I've never taken big dosages or used for long periods of time...always did my aerobics...funny thing is they put me on a heart diet which is bacon and sausage, fried chicken etc...ugh

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Prayers sent. Thankfully technology has come a long way and hopefully you can easily find a qualified place to fix it.

Wiseguy

Registered Member
Reaction score
My friend wishing you a successful surgery and quick recovery.

Milford King

Twat Waffle Inspector
Registered Member
Reaction score
Fried chicken and bacon is heart healthy now? I’d get a different doctor my brother.

I hope you have a safe and speedy recovery. This is something that scares me about my future too. I’ve been weight lifting for a long time, experimented with AAS and other rec drugs for too long of a time and drink booze to de stress and relieve anxiety for far too long.

I’m a walking heart attack I’m afraid.

Koolio

Registered Member
Reaction score
I did have a sweet tooth back in my 30s and 40s...gotta wonder how bad it affected me...by the way I did 20 squats an hour ago just to get some blood flowing...

cdubw44

Registered Member
Reaction score
Sucks man! Hope you get better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I did have a sweet tooth back in my 30s and 40s...gotta wonder how bad it affected me...by the way I did 20 squats an hour ago just to get some blood flowing...

Did you have cavities? If not, how bad was it really? Seriously though, you (and me) are at that age that something "major" happens. It doesn't matter what kind of lifestyle you lived, something always eventually happens. Regardless of how health conscious you've been.

I've told this story plenty of times, but I'm gonna tell it again. One of my grandmother's was scared to death of cancer. So every time she read something was good for preventing cancer, she started doing it. "Eat a tablespoon of peanut butter to ward off cancer. Drink a cup of tea to prevent cancer. Stand on one leg for 10 minutes every day to fight cancer." If she saw it, she was going to do it. She had an insane daily regimen of this, that, and the other thing. All to head off cancer. You know where this story is going. She went into the ER on a weekend with "stomach pains". It was bad. They did exploratory surgery on Tuesday. She was riddled with cancer. Everywhere. They just closed her back up. She was dead by Friday. At least she went quick and didn't fight it for months/years.

Live your life and enjoy it. You can be smart about it, but don't beat yourself up when bad things happen.

Koolio

Registered Member
Reaction score
Did you have cavities? If not, how bad was it really? Seriously though, you (and me) are at that age that something "major" happens. It doesn't matter what kind of lifestyle you lived, something always eventually happens. Regardless of how health conscious you've been.

I've told this story plenty of times, but I'm gonna tell it again. One of my grandmother's was scared to death of cancer. So every time she read something was good for preventing cancer, she started doing it. "Eat a tablespoon of peanut butter to ward off cancer. Drink a cup of tea to prevent cancer. Stand on one leg for 10 minutes every day to fight cancer." If she saw it, she was going to do it. She had an insane daily regimen of this, that, and the other thing. All to head off cancer. You know where this story is going. She went into the ER on a weekend with "stomach pains". It was bad. They did exploratory surgery on Tuesday. She was riddled with cancer. Everywhere. They just closed her back up. She was dead by Friday. At least she went quick and didn't fight it for months/years.

Live your life and enjoy it. You can be smart about it, but don't beat yourself up when bad things happen.
Oh, about an 8 ball once a week...it started getting bad when I was recovering from a ruptured quad tendon...I sank into what I now call the anger/depression roller coaster...I had set a goal of a 500 bench and I was only a few pounds away...at age 42 recovery from surgery was slow and I never got back to where I was...it happens to a lot of guys I've been told...ive been watching specials about pro wrestlers and it seems many of them did the same thing when their careers were over...

zionoir626

Registered Member
Reaction score
Tuff..
Wake-Up call..
But..You're still alive....
I totally agree with Mulit...

One of my C's is a birth defect, the other..who cares..
I did nothing to cause this..
Many times it's just a bad hand delt out..
Sometimes..why isn't important..
Only getting better and preventing any more damage..

PM..
Me if I can help in anyway..
Z...

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, about an 8 ball once a week...it started getting bad when I was recovering from a ruptured quad tendon...I sank into what I now call the anger/depression roller coaster...I had set a goal of a 500 bench and I was only a few pounds away...at age 42 recovery from surgery was slow and I never got back to where I was...it happens to a lot of guys I've been told...ive been watching specials about pro wrestlers and it seems many of them did the same thing when their careers were over...

ohh-okay-saturday-night-live.gif

Fletcher

FARMA*TON Rep
Registered Member
Reaction score
Well, it finally happened. I'm sitting in the hospital right now hoping to be released later today...for 2 weeks I could barely breathe...so this past Monday I came to the ER...my lungs were full of fluid and my heart was working at less than 40%...had a catheter yesterday and was told the 3 of my arteries are 90% blocked...I need open heart surgery...they're gonna crack my sternum...I just turned 63...I've never taken big dosages or used for long periods of time...always did my aerobics...funny thing is they put me on a heart diet which is bacon and sausage, fried chicken etc...ugh
Doubtful it was from gear use brother. Dont beat yourself up.
Wishing you a full recovery. Use your time to read all you can on nutritional care for heart health.

Onidus

SB Labs
Board Rep
Reaction score
Damn I wish you speedy recovery brother 🙏

JJB1

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
Hang in there! Praying everything goes well!

hot rod

Registered Member
Reaction score
Yeah bro- seems there's something waiting on all of us around every corner- Covid, monkey pox, polio is back etc. The list is endless. I'll be praying for u man- good luck and keep us posted on how ur doing- HR

JM99

Registered Member
Reaction score
Praying for you, brother.

Seattlesbest

Registered Member
Reaction score
My buddy just got cracked about a year ago. The guy thinks he's 18 again smokin a pack of cigarettes a day eating gas station food. Don't be that guy. Look at this situation like a second lease on life you're lucky to be alive.

juiceddawg

Registered Member
Reaction score
Wishing you a speedy recovery brother

Durro

Board Rep
Reaction score
What we all fear! Best wishes to you bro and a full recovery hopefully they can unclog the arteries.

Powerhousehb

Distrust Authority, The Only Rules Are Your Own!
Registered Member
Reaction score
Prayers, and I wish you a speedy recovery!

Koolio

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Thanks everyone for all of the positive thoughts...asf rox...

who1

Registered Member
Reaction score
i know where your coming i had a heart attack full blown so being in the hospital is the place for you. iam totally sorry about what happen to you. cant they put stents in the arteries? youll be ok brother ill pray for you. it wasnt the gear that just happens sometims. good luck to you brother.

Redbird51

Registered Member
Reaction score
Prayers for you man! I was just diagnosed w chronic and acute heart failure. I’m at 15% heart efficiency 3 months ago. Hoping to improve at next check up. Shit is scary as hell! I feel for ya dude. I don’t blame it on gear at all, but who knows. I was a solid 270 now I’m 235. I gotta get back in the gym as soon as the doc clears me. Like I said man prayers to you!

Iron883

Registered Member
Reaction score
everything will be ok, I wish all the best will come to you...

who1

Registered Member
Reaction score
Prayers for you man! I was just diagnosed w chronic and acute heart failure. I’m at 15% heart efficiency 3 months ago. Hoping to improve at next check up. Shit is scary as hell! I feel for ya dude. I don’t blame it on gear at all, but who knows. I was a solid 270 now I’m 235. I gotta get back in the gym as soon as the doc clears me. Like I said man prayers to you!
not good, heart failure, did they give you entresto? sometimes i cant remember past things as i was down over 4 minutes. but iam great health now thank you for prayers. i hope you recover like i did. iam still using gear. are you going to use gear again?

who1

Registered Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear about your surgery, just keep at it , just dont come back to fast brother. good luck!

E.J.D

Registered Member
Reaction score
Prayers for a speedy recovery. You are added to my prayer list.

Redbird51

Registered Member
Reaction score
not good, heart failure, did they give you entresto? sometimes i cant remember past things as i was down over 4 minutes. but iam great health now thank you for prayers. i hope you recover like i did. iam still using gear. are you going to use gear again?
Yip entresto, eliquis, water pills, aspirin. Lol. Glad your better man. As soon as my cardiologist clears me I’m going back on TRT. No more heavy cycles for me, maybe test and npp here and there. Will see.

Intense

SOCIAL JUSTICE MOD
Registered Member
Reaction score
You’re in our thoughts and prayers! Stay positive