• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Gym dues!

weakback

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Anyone still paying monthly dues even though the gym is closed? Haven't found out yet if my gym is going to continue to take the payment from my account.

bigbeef1

Registered Member
Reaction score
nope not me!! i feel like if they do you should really consider you they truly appreciate you. I have a membership at 3 gyms and all of them will not charge me and will give me the time that they closed.

GUNRACK

PIT POSSE SOD
Registered Member
Reaction score
Why not keep paying? I am, i go to a small gym my buddy owns. He needs help just as much as i do. Its a dick move if you don’t

MindlessWork

Registered Member
Reaction score
The 2 gyms I go to have not charged me for this month and I've saved $74 this month.

E.J.D

Registered Member
Reaction score
My gym stopped all payments due for April. And is looking to prorate the 2 weeks in March someway. I would donate my April dues if they had something set up.

MindlessWork

Registered Member
Reaction score
My gym stopped all payments due for April. And is looking to prorate the 2 weeks in March someway. I would donate my April dues if they had something set up.

Yeah I would have done the same. I'm willing to hand over the cash for the foregone dues to the gyms for their troubles myself and tell them to keep the full March dues that I already paid.

frank zazz

Super duper mod
Registered Member
Reaction score
Why not keep paying? I am, i go to a small gym my buddy owns. He needs help just as much as i do. Its a dick move if you don’t
good deal in your situation and I agree and would do the same thing but I have two memberships one is privately owned “man has six gyms in my area “ and the other is a franchise . The franchise one said they still will charge the members but are not paying their employees during this time , I am good friends with the manager and she along with other employees are 1099 so no unemployment for them . I have a major problem with that and will be canceling when they open back up .

Phill

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
yes, i continue to pay. are 2 month now that the gym is closed

jbs290

Registered Member
Reaction score
Yeah still paying my way

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
good deal in your situation and I agree and would do the same thing but I have two memberships one is privately owned “man has six gyms in my area “ and the other is a franchise . The franchise one said they still will charge the members but are not paying their employees during this time , I am good friends with the manager and she along with other employees are 1099 so no unemployment for them . I have a major problem with that and will be canceling when they open back up .

This is the problem--there's always some asshole lining their own pocket and fucking over people at the same time. If they were paying the employees, then yeah, I could see it.

A.font401

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
One of my gyms is allowing employees in to “clean” and still taking money I just checked my account. My other gym froze payment till this is over, and my 3rd gym barely takes money at all you pay cash for each month. Old school body building gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdubw44

Registered Member
Reaction score
Haha!

Attachments

• 20200407_190516.jpg
    20200407_190516.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 76

GUNRACK

PIT POSSE SOD
Registered Member
Reaction score

Yeah, that guy who is still making money and not paying his employees is a fuckin asshole

Poirot

Swollen Member
Registered Member
Reaction score
Anyone still paying monthly dues even though the gym is closed? Haven't found out yet if my gym is going to continue to take the payment from my account.
Why?
Fuck those democrat fagets

GarlicChicken

Registered Member
Reaction score
I was planning on paying every month because my gym is a family owned small business that treats their employees really good and they're all good people. They decided to suspend billing until they can open up again...I tried making him take my money but he wouldn't do it lol.

All the while, they're doing tons of improvements on the gym AND paying all of their employees their normal weekly checks. Hence why I wanted them to keep billing me...but I guess they're probably getting the SBA loan that will end up being forgiven. Good people, I'll have to buy some extra shit from them on the other side of this.

weakback

Registered Member
Reaction score
I was planning on paying every month because my gym is a family owned small business that treats their employees really good and they're all good people. They decided to suspend billing until they can open up again...I tried making him take my money but he wouldn't do it lol.

All the while, they're doing tons of improvements on the gym AND paying all of their employees their normal weekly checks. Hence why I wanted them to keep billing me...but I guess they're probably getting the SBA loan that will end up being forgiven. Good people, I'll have to buy some extra shit from them on the other side of this.

Karma! When your good to people around you it comes back to you.

GarlicChicken

Registered Member
Reaction score
Karma! When your good to people around you it comes back to you.
Yeah I'm not a religious person but I just believe in doing good. Whether it comes back around or not, there's a lot of people that aren't doing as well as I am right now so just doing what I can. Getting some local restaurants some business too where I can, budget is quite a bit tighter now but just where I can.

juiceddawg

Registered Member
Reaction score
the owner of the gym I go to is still making us pay.